The 2009 SHOT Show Thread

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
steve macke and i will be there too, first time, gatco-tinberline booth, we bring some splash, cutters and more.

will be sure an good time coming :twothumbs

+B
swissbianco usa

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Just registered my three. I registered us under my company name, which has the name medical in it. :laughing:

Our titles are "Portable Design Technicians", as guests/spouses. I guess we specialize in nylon gear. :nana:

Anywho, shouldnt be a problem at the gate with the passes that Steve gave us.

Thaks again Steve! :party:

Just registered my three. I registered us under my company name, which has the name medical in it. :laughing:

Our titles are "Portable Design Technicians", as guests/spouses. I guess we specialize in nylon gear. :nana:

Anywho, shouldnt be a problem at the gate with the passes that Steve gave us.

Thaks again Steve! :party:
I registered today, too. My "company" is "Custom Titanium." :devil: I'm the President and CEO and my brother-in-law is the EVP. :D

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Participant list updated through post #123.

We are at 33 and counting!!!

MrMom

Enlightened
... With less than two months to go, it seems like there is less information and details at this point than the last show...

Greg, I took a year off on doing the SS LOGISTICS THREAD. I"ll start one next year for SS10. It does help to have all the info preplanned and in one place.

Has anyone contacted David (Fenix) or other large reps for a CPF special sales / "show-N-tell"? :party: It may be a bit late for this though.

I just realised that I never ordered my badge this year. :oops:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Greg, I took a year off on doing the SS LOGISTICS THREAD. I"ll start one next year for SS10. It does help to have all the info preplanned and in one place.

Has anyone contacted David (Fenix) or other large reps for a CPF special sales / "show-N-tell"? :party: It may be a bit late for this though.

I just realised that I never ordered my badge this year. :oops:

Please don't take my post as a criticism; rather it is just an observation as to the whole Shot Show. Maybe it is the poor economy to blame, but it just seems like there is less "spark" this time around. I think we will still have a good time at the Parc Corniche even if there is no Surefire party.

Again, no personal criticism was intended. I'm just glad to get to meet up with you guys again and play with some cool lights.:grin2:

MrMom

Enlightened
No offence taken at all. I know what you mean regarding a lack of spark. Could it be the location (Fla) or what generates the most interest..a PK party???

I haven't looked at the first post in a while. I see that seery has done an excellent job digesting the information in this thread and is keeping it well summarized in the first posts. Way to go seery! :twothumbs

In the absence of the SF party, does anyone have the time or the initiative to coordinate contacts with lighting reps/manufactures to showcase their lights to the CPF crowd? Do we have a location at the Parc to pull this off? Conference room? Has a location for the Saturday night party been determined? Can PSM's suite accommodate all of this? Perhaps a I AM BRINGING THESE LIGHTS... THREAD.

I am looking forward to another SS, CPF gathering + camaraderie and some time away from the cold and snow.

Last edited:

MrMom

Enlightened
Cyclops942 was the master of SS08 exhibitor listings. Perhaps we all can bait the master to work his magic again for SS09? I can't count how many CPF attendees and manufactures that I saw last year with print outs of the CYCLOPS942 master flashlight SS list. I just got off the phone with an exhibitor who during the conversation mentioned the value of CYCLOP's list.

I officially start the bait by poking you in your eye to work your magic as all rely.

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

anybody willing and able to share a room with me at the Parc?

I just got aware of this threat and it seems like I could manage to get a flight in last minute.

I do not occupy too much space, I generally only snore when I'm drunk and I do not smoke :)

Thank you for your attention!

If this won't work out for me... HAVE FUN, GUYS!!

Holger

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd give my left arm to go to SHOT! I finally want to meet Mr. Pila and his glorious inventions!

BTW, if it's possible can someone bring back updates regarding Pila flashlights? I know they're manufacturing the Parat X-treme line of lights, but any pictures of Urs Baeumle and his cool flashlights would be appreciated!

dcowboyscr

Newly Enlightened
Greenwood(Indianapolis), Indiana & Orlando, Florid
Steve, I just got the invitations in the mail. Thanks a million!

I can't wait to attend as this will be my first SHOT Show. A couple questions for everyone. When doing the standard registration where it asks for a company name and title do we put Springboard Engineering and "guest" or do we put "our" company name and title?

Also, will we need a Tax ID number or FFL number?

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
Just put in your company name if you have one or 'consultant'. Make sure to put your address otherwise I'll get the info on all the cool stuff you see.

BTW, I'm still looking for a bed for one of my exhibitor's. Besides giving you more money to buy 'samples' with, he might be able to provide a ride to the show, there might be a knife or two in it for you and we could probably get you an exhibitor's badge, too.

Doesn't have to be at the Parc Corniche, either.

Also, confirmed exhibitor's in my booth are: BatteryStation (factory rep and his mom), HDS Systems (Henry). plus my stuff. Still waiting to see which of the other three exhibitor's will be there. I only have room for two!

Steve

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
In reply to question above, no Tax ID or FFL required. You can't buy any guns shown at the show because they are deactivated. If you had an FFL you could order them. Most booths will only take orders at the show and you might need a tax ID if they're in your state. Many booths will sell 'samples' at the show, particularly on Sunday afternoon. Cash usually works, no tax. Doesn't hurt to ask.

The general rule for sales from the booth is: if its small enough to fit in your pocket or bag, no problem. Larger things require passes from the floor manager, signed by the booth personnell. They don't want the guards having to look at people carrying boxes out, it slows the whole thing down.

Everything at my booth is for sale! That's why I'm there. I'm just bringing enough product that I won't have to ship it home.

BTW, be sure to visit the Jack's Link's booth. They will fill up a plastic show bag with your selection of beef jerky and similar items for $20 until they run out. I usually get two bags. mmmmmmm. They had one version a couple of years ago, kippered beef or something, that smelled so familiar but, I couldn't place it. Then, I had it! It smelled like an old, wet.....belt! But in a good way. Check it out! They haven't been to SHOT for three years and they might not have the same deal but, worth walking past to check it out.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I've been so busy that I just now found this thread!!
The 4Sevens crew will be there (4 of us). We'll in our 10x20 booth #701.
We just finished a nice backdrop for our booth! :)

:party::party::party:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Thanks for the post, David. Will you be running a dinner get together like last time in Vegas? I'd be interested in checking out some of your new products from Fenix.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the post, David. Will you be running a dinner get together like last time in Vegas? I'd be interested in checking out some of your new products from Fenix.
We're considering it but there is already a get-together at the parc cornice (which we're staying at also).
We'll have all our with us goodies in a giant pelican rolling case with us
anyway. We do have some pre-production lights that will be shown in confidence :)

What night is open so far?