The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

pilo7448

Enlightened
Re: The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Here's Chaunceys twin, I made a lanyard for it.
29678723dac0381aafc95341096ca1bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

fordcappy

Enlightened
I received my MXS from the second run, had it a total of 10min and sheared the dome from the led while unscrewing the head. Just got it back today; here are all my 4sevens 26650 lights.

f8352ea65a7b3d21c9e7f400cf4a4fce.jpg

f2c0e6022f685a7d6f312efeebf459cd.jpg

I received my MXS from the second run, had it a total of 10min and sheared the dome from the led while unscrewing the head. Just got it back today; here are all my 4sevens 26650 lights.

:oops: I did the same thing to a light I purchased from Vinh. :ohgeez:

Please, sir, provide some details for the S12 on the left. :huh: Yours is the first one I've seen. :twothumbs

di6sg31.jpg

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is the unreleased Maelstrom S1200. 1 of 2 made to my knowledge. You can see it in 2010 shot show videos on YouTube.

I had no idea this existed. Very nice!

Take a closer L@@K at the knurling on the tail-cap and the bezel of both lights. The camera isn't responsible for the differences. :shakehead
You're absolutely right. I didn't even spot that.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Anyone jumping on the Maelstrom with the Nichia 144a? I tried doing a bit of research on that LED and most threads are years old. I don't have any first hand experience so I was curious what to expect. Looks like the die size is the same as the XHP50.2 it replaces so beam pattern should be basically the same I'd think. That's good (for me) as I really enjoyed the beam shots I saw so far. I was hoping to hear that the double click to burst mode (when the light is off) has been resolved from the initial batch. Just curious if anyone had any feedback on the Nichia LED.
*edit: looks like the burst mode from off has been fixed. I placed my order. Anxious to get it and compare to a Malkoff Houndog 18650.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone jumping on the Maelstrom with the Nichia 144a? I tried doing a bit of research on that LED and most threads are years old. I don't have any first hand experience so I was curious what to expect. Looks like the die size is the same as the XHP50.2 it replaces so beam pattern should be basically the same I'd think. That's good (for me) as I really enjoyed the beam shots I saw so far. I was hoping to hear that the double click to burst mode (when the light is off) has been resolved from the initial batch. Just curious if anyone had any feedback on the Nichia LED.
*edit: looks like the burst mode from off has been fixed. I placed my order. Anxious to get it and compare to a Malkoff Houndog 18650.
I also have ordered the new Maelstrom MXS with the Nichia 144A. It looks very good and well thought out. Has anyone gotten one yet or are the only ones out in the wild right now with the Cree LED? It looks like this might be the first batch with this LED but I am not certain of that. Anyway, keep the Maelstrom MXS pics coming ;)