• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Aeon Mk. III

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Well, the project was announced about 12 weeks ago to people following me on Instagram, and soon after to newsletter subscribers. Since that time over 600 people have started following the project, and there has been good activity with each new status update there, including the latest one a day or two ago. Instagram has fast become my preferred way to roll out a project, and that's where the action's at. :)

Mokume Gane & Timascus will indeed be awesome, and I'm looking forward to finishing tests with those materials in the next couple of weeks.

Monanza: It's unlikely that I'll release a new Nautilus for a long while after the Mk. II Ultralight is complete. When it happens, though, who knows - maybe a Nautlius Mk. III Cloudburner? We'll see what the future holds! ;)

Enrique
This post of Mr Muyshondt's Instagram enthisium for the sales of his products is so he does not forget those of us who are his conisures and patrons of his fabulous work in the flashlititanium arts.

flashlititanium: I believe this is a new word, seems to work.

Last edited:

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

The prototypes arrived today.

AeAdcI5l.jpg

j65rjc0l.jpg

rJE7hvEl.jpg

I am very, very pleased. :D

They're off to a few prototype testers tomorrow, and I'll be doing a 2-week testing period with them, then ordering the full production batch. Right now I've given approval for the timascus and mokume gane (!) to be cut, and expect to see the results of that in a few weeks. Both of those lights will have bands in place of knurling to allow the beauty of the metal to show through.

Other pieces of the project are being prototyped - pre-production samples of some holsters made from the world's finest leather, from the Horween Leather Co. in Chicago, are currently being worked on, along with the boxes, paperwork, and general packaging. There's a lot of cool stuff going on in some of these areas and I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you all soon.

The project is moving forward nicely, and I will announce firmer production dates, along with the final feature set, very soon. The lights are still available with pre-order pricing at www.muyshondt.net - this discounted rate will end once production begins.

As always, if you want the most updates throughout the project, check out Instagram at www.instagram.com/muyshondtent. Periodic big updates are posted here, but every detail, and lots more photos, are available there for those who want it (you do not need an account to view it). :)

More soon!

Enrique

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking very nice Enrique. Any idea what the price point for the Timascus and Mokume Gane customs will be? Maybe a special collectors set with all three?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Enrique, any news on whether there has or had not been a change to the low output? Thanks!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
You must be tired of hearing me say this but as far as Moku & Timascus, :drool::rock::bow:. I am in for one of each.
jill61-603505-albums-emoticons-pic59015-rubbing-hands-smiley.gif

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming you came into some cash SOYCD. :)

I will enjoy photos of these. I am a Ti guy.

eala

LOL - I wish. Just planning my flashlight budget for the next few months. I definitely want one of these, just not sure if a Ti or something more exotic.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean we should jump on the more exotic lights. Go big or go home! It will match nicely with your Hanko Timascus LF2XT[emoji1]

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Glad to see some enthusiasm for timascus and mokume gane. I'm definitely in.

And of course the proto's look awesome!

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOYCD: Not yet. I'll know in a couple weeks. A collector's set is a nice idea, but I suspect most will acquire them individually to do that. :)

Tixx: The current batch of prototypes is set to 1/15/180 lumens output, with an experimental 220 lumen turbo mode. These aren't finalized; I may increase the medium intensity a bit (or adjust other values) after further testing.

monanza: Get ready! :D

FranksTheTank: Yes, for the next couple of weeks. www.muyshondt.net

Enrique

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOYCD: Not yet. I'll know in a couple weeks. A collector's set is a nice idea, but I suspect most will acquire them individually to do that. :)

Tixx: The current batch of prototypes is set to 1/15/180 lumens output, with an experimental 220 lumen turbo mode. These aren't finalized; I may increase the medium intensity a bit (or adjust other values) after further testing.

monanza: Get ready! :D

FranksTheTank: Yes, for the next couple of weeks. www.muyshondt.net

Enrique

Oh, good, one is much better than 2 for moonlight. 220 sounds awesome! :)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is another question for you:

Given that you are building this from the ground up, why stick with just 3 fixed modes when the world is the possibility here?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monanza: :thumbsup:

Tixx: Well, a light with more than about three or four discrete modes in a UI like the Aeon Mk. III has, kind of sucks, hence 3 + Turbo on these prototypes. If you're asking why not allow the user to select their own settings - it'd be a logistical nightmare and massive support burden, and consequently not something I'd want to have to deal with.

In the end, a tool ought to be engineered properly for the vast majority of users. Leaving undefined possibilities as an open question and up to others to familiarize themselves with the technical considerations that go into current settings, driver parameters, and brightness selection, would be me not doing my job. :shrug:

Prototype testers have started receiving their lights! I highly recommend you take a look at the following links:
https://instagram.com/am_knives/
https://instagram.com/himalayanhitman/
https://instagram.com/everydaycommentary/
https://instagram.com/urbanedcsupply/
https://instagram.com/aaron_shapiro/
https://instagram.com/gonefishing81/

Thanks everyone!

Enrique

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tixx: Well, a light with more than about three or four discrete modes in a UI like the Aeon Mk. III has, kind of sucks, hence 3 + Turbo on these prototypes. If you're asking why not allow the user to select their own settings - it'd be a logistical nightmare and massive support burden, and consequently not something I'd want to have to deal with.

Sounds good. Didn't know the new possible turbo was a 4th mode. I like that idea for what it's worth. :)

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
May I rephrase Tixx's question: why not a lucidrvf type driver which allows the end user to set any desired modes by himself?

Last edited: