The HDS Double Beryl 90% Diffuse Reflector

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
We don't use any LocTite or anything on them. Have you seen my video on how to do it? It is as much how to do it as it is how not to do it.

I literally pressed my fingertips (forefinger and thumb) into the tiny bit of metal rim on the outsides and just started spinning it. This was on the mod light as well so maybe being removed before had something to do with it? or maybe my gorilla hands are actually good for something. : D

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it is hard anodized aluminum. You won't break it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA_mbBI5gGk

Seems like a bit too much trouble to do more than once. Probably best to dedicate a bezel to the special reflector or, in true CPF style, dedicate an entire HDS flashlight to each reflector/bezel assembly so you don't have to swap them out.

Bonus points for playing the Ecstasy of Gold in the background.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, i guess we know where to get help. Sounds like bigburly was offering his services :crackup:

I think each one can be a little different.
My first one wasn't too bad, ive played with a couple others that were tougher and ended up with cuts that matched the threads...but in the end, i still won(after some time and many special words)

Lithium466

Enlightened
Most of the time from factory it's a bit hard to remove, I use a rubber wrap wrench for that...then I very lightly lube the o-ring at the bottom of the reflector (where the reflector screws in the light), so after it's much easier to remove the whole reflector assembly and swap them.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
img-1757871.jpg

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i was just messing around for a few minutes and i was able to unscrew the bezel/reflector assembly with my bare hands(no aids) on a few lights.
I am probably the smallest, near weakest guy here(lack of physical work past few yrs) granted it was not easy and can quickly make the hands sore...it is very possible
Some kind of aid should make it easier as there is a tiny bit of lube on the oring making the hand slip

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^^^ at least now i know I'm not a freak. I did it on all of mine to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Haha

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

May I ask when these will be in stock and how much it cost?

It's in the thread..

Whatever we finally decide to keep, will be done in small batches, so I don't know.

We certainly have our system down with this run of Double Beryl reflectors. I will get some beam shots this week. I just got one put in my personal "test" light today... but I am quite impressed with the beam shape and profile.

I'll keep posting info as I get it. I know this run is going to go on sale on September 24 at noon Tucson time.

Edit: These are also going to be $72. There is over double the time in these from the semi-diffuse green.

Nichia!

Banned

Wow. 72$ for a reflector??!! The most expensive reflector on planet Ever made!!

Nichia!

Banned

You know I have to pay for shipping and pay pal fees and exchange rates! That's means It will cost me 95-100$?!!!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks like these posts got moved over. that's good to see. I was going to reply back but didn't feel it was right for the other thread.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bet that's a pretty exciting feeling...the power to move things:thumbsup: like you're some kind of new super hero...

flashlight nut

Enlightened

Sorry, wrong thread. Moved post to proper thread.

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened

So these reflectors will be the assembly just like in your enlightened video and not just a fragile piece of metal that I would most certainly screw up?