The latest in pocketable 18650 flashlights?

Charles L.

Enlightened
That pic is a really good comparison of some of the smaller 1x18650 lights. And the Zebralight SC62d makes 'em all look big ;) For me it would be a tough call between ZL SC600 and SC62d. Olight S20 fits in pocket OK, but IMHO is overshadowed by the Zebralights. Haven't tried the Sunwayman, so can't compare. Others are just too big for a pocket.

Here's a(bad) pic showing how small the H600 headlight and SC62d are compared to the already-small SC600:

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
That pic is a really good comparison of some of the smaller 1x18650 lights. And the Zebralight SC62d makes 'em all look big ;) For me it would be a tough call between ZL SC600 and SC62d. Olight S20 fits in pocket OK, but IMHO is overshadowed by the Zebralights. Haven't tried the Sunwayman, so can't compare. Others are just too big for a pocket.

Yeah, I just happened to have my SC62d with me in my Jeep yesterday so I compared it to the Xeno E03 that I leave in there. The SC62d is a little shorter! They're very close in size.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love modded lights. Here's my latest standing next to an SC62d. Both are about the same size and both run on 18650s.

The light on the right is a heavily modded Aleto N8 zoomable aspheric with the following:
1. Dedomed XM-L2 cool white on Noctigon direct copper star
2. Nanjg 105c driver with Comfychair FET mod and DrJones lumodrv firmware. Supplies about 6 amps to the XML2 on a fresh Samsung 20r 18650.
3. Electronic side switch.

Beam angle in flood mode is 89.5 degrees wide... that's much wider than the SC62d's spillbeam. And the Aleto can focus into a tight spot mode for throw. It's much brighter than the SC62d, but gets hot fast so can't be run at max power for long. The interface on the Aleto is DrJones Lumodrv. Click and hold from off to turn on in minimum. Double-click from any point for max. Triple click for 25%. Click and hold to ramp up ... and again to ramp down (34 visually linear ramping steps).

I need to add some knurling to this light or smooth out the tailcap. Waiting on some tools for that.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman C20C Tomahawk. Nuff said.

I second that. Sunwayman C20C is a great light. Very comfortable in the hand, good knurling, absolutely perfect anodizing. It feels very high quality.

It's also easy to mod. I have 2 of them. One is equipped with an MTG2 at 3 amps. The other has a triple XPG2 at 7 amps.

hatman

Enlightened
Yeah, I just happened to have my SC62d with me in my Jeep yesterday so I compared it to the Xeno E03 that I leave in there. The SC62d is a little shorter! They're very close in size.

Please share photos comparing the two.