• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm here :)
Staying at home and playing it safely for the weekend. Freeways already crowded. Just going to be me my girlfriend our puppy and a whole bunch of flashlights:)

Last edited:

MC408

Enlightened
Everyone is on the FB Page :whistle:

Still Love CPF, the lounge is a great place to chill with your friends and talk lights over a cup of coffee.

But the V54 nighclub is the hot new club that opened up next door! Lasers and light beams bouncing off the walls, alcohol, hot chicks freaking each other, and loud obscene rap music.

Both fun places to hang out, both have rules, just different rules on what is appropriate or not. lol

enjoy both fellas!

NL, I'm serious, there are girls there, not just saying that. lol.

Last edited:

MC408

Enlightened
. Just don't cuss or post naked comic book women, like always..

Ahhh. That explains that big yellow warning box! I was wondering what it was for! I honestly thought it was me as I often toe the line of inappropriate! Lol

how long you guys gonna leave that up there? the pic is down now I think.

hahoo

Enlightened
Still Love CPF, the lounge is a great place to chill with your friends and talk lights over a cup of coffee.

But the V54 nighclub is the hot new club that opened up next door! Lasers and light beams bouncing off the walls, alcohol, hot chicks freaking each other, and loud obscene rap music.

Both fun places to hang out, both have rules, just different rules on what is appropriate or not. lol

enjoy both fellas!

NL, I'm serious, there are girls there, not just saying that. lol.

where is this club, and how do i get to it??:naughty:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright. Lets talk about battery.. lol.. i dont know the specs on the sony vtc6.. it seem like sony vtc6 can handle high power x45vn.. anyone like sony vtc6 ??

MC408

Enlightened
where is this club, and how do i get to it??:naughty:

Adults only sir, I'll have to check your ID first. :nana:

Check on vinhs skylumen website and see message on top. Then take your clothes off and run around the block and there will be a passoword in your mailbox. Follow the instructions from there. Lol

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Alright. Lets talk about battery.. lol.. i dont know the specs on the sony vtc6.. it seem like sony vtc6 can handle high power x45vn.. anyone like sony vtc6 ??[/QUOTE

Very nice battery. Very high amps with a surprisingly high capacity as well. My favorite 18650 unless I need even more amps without ever getting hot, then I go VTC5A. I have eight VTC5A's that just shipped today. I ordered them for the X45vn which I have not ordered yet.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright. Lets talk about battery.. lol.. i dont know the specs on the sony vtc6.. it seem like sony vtc6 can handle high power x45vn.. anyone like sony vtc6 ??[/QUOTE

Very nice battery. Very high amps with a surprisingly high capacity as well. My favorite 18650 unless I need even more amps without ever getting hot, then I go VTC5A. I have eight VTC5A's that just shipped today. I ordered them for the X45vn which I have not ordered yet.

Cool cool.. i have 2 of the sony vtc4 which i used it on the vape box... they are still preform like new.. voltage is hold up At 4.19v. got to love sony..

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I tried taking some beamshots tonight against my house (like Newlumen does). I had a flooder, which filled the whole house with a nice even light and took the picture. Then did the same with a dedicated thrower which put a tight ball of sun at the center of the house. Now I can't take pictures with my phone because they all come out foggy orange. I actually ruined the camera's sensor!
It's an Android Samsung Galaxy S5.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a good iOS camera app for beam shots but will look into it.
I need to freeze the WB and AF etc.

I've gotta drive from San Diego back to The City (SF) tonight but am killing time to avoid traffic and my AC compressor is dead.
Don't need AC in The City but I sure will when traveling this summer.
It's a weird Prius high voltage unit - looks fairly easy to install.
Maybe I'll eBay a used one when I have some extra $

I'm hoping to do some backpacking on the Olympic Peninsula in July if the snow is melted enough for a cool mountain route.

Also hoping to do some surfing in Tofino & Jordan river mouth on Van isle as well as some riding at the bike park in Whistler.

I'll have my H20vn/CQVN/S200CVN as well as my trusty H600W and probably some kind of mini light too.

I'll come home w some pics as usual.

In the meantime maybe a local backpacking trip...

Summasummasummatyme

toads

Newly Enlightened
Is there an iOS app for taking good beamshots? The auto adjust on the regular camera app won't let you do a fair job.

hahoo

Enlightened
Well, I tried taking some beamshots tonight against my house (like Newlumen does). I had a flooder, which filled the whole house with a nice even light and took the picture. Then did the same with a dedicated thrower which put a tight ball of sun at the center of the house. Now I can't take pictures with my phone because they all come out foggy orange. I actually ruined the camera's sensor!
It's an Android Samsung Galaxy S5.

:eek::eek: say it aint so !
ive got the same phone, hope i dont do the same thing:sick2:
u tried rebooting it mad?

hahoo

Enlightened
got my first , kinda, high drain batteries for my tn40vn
found these for 6 bucks a pop, pretty good i thought
samsung 30q , pink ones
they really are some quality batteries, by looking at what they charged out at...
i can tell u this...the ceiling bounce numbers went from 780 at turn on , to a tick over 950 with the new batteries:eek:
and it stays in the mid, and upper 800s, ...the old batteries were dipping down in low to mid 700s after 30 sec or so, so im thinking it seriously makes a diff in this light
and yes, she do heat up quicker with these new batteries driving it ! thats for sure :huh:

heres after the first c-dc-charge cycle with my rc3000 charger
pretty darn good im thinking

34074772594_b6676a2218_h.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Niiiice! My go to cells (well the most of a brand) are 30Q's, good enough for pretty much any light, decent capacity and A rating. There really is not much in it between the 30Q and vtc6................certainly not to the eye anyway.

Been pondering over one of thoseSkyRC's, still pondering! The btc3100 has just been fine so far and does everything i need, but when the time comes the RC is up top. Would have gone for the dragon, but not keen on a few things like the charge rates or lack of. Not to mention probes that will just get on my nerves tangled up or kept in the box which makes it pointless for me(personal op).

Enjoy!

hahoo

Enlightened
Niiiice! My go to cells (well the most of a brand) are 30Q's, good enough for pretty much any light, decent capacity and A rating. There really is not much in it between the 30Q and vtc6................certainly not to the eye anyway.

Been pondering over one of thoseSkyRC's, still pondering! The btc3100 has just been fine so far and does everything i need, but when the time comes the RC is up top. Would have gone for the dragon, but not keen on a few things like the charge rates or lack of. Not to mention probes that will just get on my nerves tangled up or kept in the box which makes it pointless for me(personal op).

Enjoy!

you will like the rc3000 when u get it
it does so much more than most
ive got the opus 3100, and rarely ever use it now
i ike being able to hit the big batteries with over the 1amp max that my opus does
really saves time ....2 amp charge is as high as ive tried it so far , but it will do 3 amps, on all 4 channels, if you feel the need for speed:D

ven

Flashaholic
I tend to max out at 1.5a, usually on bays 1+4 for vape mod cells. Of course all 4 are limited to 1a but i dont mind, its not over slow for me. Always swap out with back ups, so its not like i have to wait for the cells to put back in the light. Still the RC is tempting, main reason for not biting is simply i dont need all the extra's. The main advantage for me would be 4 bays at 1.5a, dont tend to go higher as i find a good happy medium. In fact its only 26650 cells i use 2a on.............

Latest posts