• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today i got to play with my tn40vn 9000/500k.. holy. The beam pattern type is similar to x65vn, except less lumen, 100k less lux... i like this light now. One hand operation light.. i think x65vn can handle more heat. I will test it when i got it

I really like my TN40vn, been taking it out almost every night since I got it.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today i got to play with my tn40vn 9000/500k.. holy. The beam pattern type is similar to x65vn, except less lumen, 100k less lux... i like this light now. One hand operation light.. i think x65vn can handle more heat. I will test it when i got it

I am so close to buying the tn40vn but ever since the x65vn was released, it's delayed me even more. Hay do you have the tn36utvn? If so, which light gets hotter quicker on turbo?

I'd love a Fat Herbie wallet, but then I wouldn't have any cash to put in it. Wimm got it going-on. :cool:

First snow of 2017, about 25 minutes south of Vinh .... depending on traffic. :ohgeez:

tzE3bYA.jpg

Inside, a boy, his cat, and a fire. Happy New Year!

~ Chance

zfr3KbI.jpg

drummer132132

Enlightened
So Fenix released their catalog for 2017 or at least the first half and I have to say I'm very disappointed. Maybe at the shotshow coming up they'll show off a dedicated thrower that I was really hoping for but as of right now my hopes are very low. No update for TK75, RC40 and no info on any kind of dedicated thrower. The X65vn, TN40vn and TN42vn are looking pretty good right now. Especially the X65vn...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love a Fat Herbie wallet, but then I wouldn't have any cash to put in it. Wimm got it going-on. :cool:

First snow of 2017, about 25 minutes south of Vinh .... depending on traffic. :ohgeez:

tzE3bYA.jpg

Inside, a boy, his cat, and a fire. Happy New Year!

~ Chance

zfr3KbI.jpg

Beautiful pics Chance... love them both!

fyi I may have to take out a loan to have a little currency to put in my Fat Herbie. :)

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Fat Herbie is a fine looking wallet, but I don't want one.

My wallet competes with my flashlights for room in my pocket. The more room the wallet takes up, the less room I have for lights!

So I keep my wallet nice and slim by buying lights, and then I have room to EDC them!

ProCharger

Enlightened
I am so close to buying the tn40vn but ever since the x65vn was released, it's delayed me even more. Hay do you have the tn36utvn? If so, which light gets hotter quicker on turbo?

While I don't have a tn40 or an x65 I do have a tn36utvn. I would find it surprising if the tn36utvn were not the winner as far as first to get hot on turbo. There is no mass in comparison for the heat to go to. I can literally light newspaper on fire with mine in under 15 seconds using mj1 cells. And I don't mean smoldering, I mean full out flame. Imagine that kind of heat with nowhere to go...

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I will confirm the TN36UTvn gets hot a lot faster then the TN40vn does, it's more lumens and a smaller light.

MC408

Enlightened
Question for you knife guys. I'm looking to buy a Spyderco Sage 1 and I can either buy it from spyderco.com for $209.95 or off Amazon for $125.97. My question is... will there be any difference between the two, like maybe one blade was made in Taiwan while the other in the U.S.?

I'm such a newbie to lights I didn't think I'd have much to contribute until I learn more, but if your talking knives and guns, that's the world I'm coming from! Haha. I guess they all go hand in hand as we are all just big kids with big kid toys. Instead of hot wheels and comic books, we now collect flame throwers and hand cannons!

To to answer the question, yes, you are buying the same sage 1 as Spyderco advertises on their website, it's just retail (listed on sellers website vs "the real price" which all their distributors sell for. But you are on the right path and in the knife world the blade steel is what really drives the price and cost difference in what appears to be the same knife, so keep a close eye as you get to more expensive knives. You also got custom knife makers who have their own line and partner up w the corporate guys to put out more cost effective or production versions of their knives. If you ever have questions, feel free to pm me as at least I can contribute and know something useful! Haha.

Btw- I was forced to buy vinhs deal of the day yesterday on the mm15vn, so that puts me up to 4 in a week and my first in 2017. I think it's official, I'm addicted. Lol.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey thanks for all the useful info MC. Much appreciated!

If you like Spydercos, I highly recommend the domino, that's my favorite cause I like flippers.

AA1223F4-4E05-41DF-84B7-372C116F0B41_zpstreetsov.jpg

WOW now that's a nice collection! I'm sure my first Spyderco won't be my last... although I just received an email saying that my order has been canceled... out of stock. Gotta try somewhere else.

Oh and congrats (condolences) on you new addiction. ;-)

flashaholic1

Enlightened
I got my T6vn back (woo hoo). I've already emailed vinh, but I'll ask here too.. I'm nervous about putting the batteries back in here haha...

So Inside the light, the battery negative (-) end should be going into the two spring slots? And the battery positive (+) side should go face down against the flat metal bumpers(for lack of better word)?

Im sure that is correct, but can't have another meltdown.. literally lol

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my T6vn back (woo hoo). I've already emailed vinh, but I'll ask here too.. I'm nervous about putting the batteries back in here haha...

So Inside the light, the battery negative (-) end should be going into the two spring slots? And the battery positive (+) side should go face down against the flat metal bumpers(for lack of better word)?

Im sure that is correct, but can't have another meltdown.. literally lol

Yes. Small circles touch positive poles. Springs touch flat negative ends. When screwing on the cap make sure to line up orientation pins on cap with corresponding holes in light, drop straight down, then screw on.
(I say drop straight down as apparently it's possible to short circuit it if sloppily slid on across the batteries.

flashaholic1

Enlightened
Yes. Small circles touch positive poles. Springs touch flat negative ends. When screwing on the cap make sure to line up orientation pins on cap with corresponding holes in light, drop straight down, then screw on.
(I say drop straight down as apparently it's possible to short circuit it if sloppily slid on across the batteries.

Awesome, I figured it was correct, just double checking. Thanks!