• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely LOVE the SD26vn! I actually have two XPL PDT (one is Fiat Lux) and another in 219C. Lately the SD26vn has been the light I grab when I am just going out with the dog or a walk in the woods and I don't need a big thrower. This thing throws a nice wide 85K lux hot spot, some nice spill and has very good run time. I actually might like the 219C better than the longer throwing XPL PDT because of the natural tint. The acebeam has more lumens and throws a little farther, but the SD26vn has a wider more usable hot spot and is light light of choice for me. The hotspot on the 219C is actually a little wider that the XPL PDT. It also runs a little hotter, but so much that it has ever required me to turn it down due to heat.

It is funny comparing the two lights. The XPL PDT has double the lux of the 219c version, but I swear that I can actually see what I am looking at downrange just about as well with the 219C.

Dang... you and eek both... that's two SD26vn Fiat Lux I've read about today. I am very jealous.

That's interesting, what you wrote about the 219C. I might have to see that for myself. :)

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
This SD26VN has me perplexed. Why do I not have one? Oh yeah, My EC60VN will blow it clear out of the water. Actually, that's just the justification. I do see why SD26VN would be great to have, and I have been eyeballing it, even before W21 touted it in his post. However, currently there is no getting out of 70.2 50.2 crazyville. So it's back burnered. Did you take those pics yourself Wimmer? They look professional.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
This SD26VN has me perplexed. Why do I not have one? Oh yeah, My EC60VN will blow it clear out of the water. Actually, that's just the justification. I do see why SD26VN would be great to have, and I have been eyeballing it, even before W21 touted it in his post. However, currently there is no getting out of 70.2 50.2 crazyville. So it's back burnered. Did you take those pics yourself Wimmer? They look professional.

Blows it out the water? Other way around, my friend, I've had each in hand. But no worries... I wasnt looking to knock anyone's light... just wanted everyone to enjoy as much as I do. I know I've bought a lot of lights that I ended up not caring so much for, so I like to share it when I find one I think is awesome. Yeah, no those are internet pics, Stack.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Dang... you and eek both... that's two SD26vn Fiat Lux I've read about today. I am very jealous.

That's interesting, what you wrote about the 219C. I might have to see that for myself. :)
I was talking about another light somewhere else and out of the blue someone brought this light up. I know it has to be good, and I'd like to have one. Just too much other stuff going on. Maybe you can get one MAD and tell me if it actually meets the hype. Guineapig777? I'd like to see some beam shots pics or video. Where's Wimmer?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Blows it out the water? Other way around, my friend, I've had each in hand. But no worries... I wasnt looking to knock anyone's light... just wanted everyone to enjoy as much as I do. I know I've bought a lot of lights that I ended up not caring so much for, so I like to share it when I find one I think is awesome. Yeah, no those are internet pics, Stack.
I'm not so "all in" with that quote W21. Actually just kidding around. Both lights are I'm sure fantastical. I do though, get a little jaw droppy of my own with the EC60VN on a dark night. It's more the raw power (and throw) though, as opposed to the esthetic mix of an entire package. I'm not actually knocking the SD26VN man.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Yeah, I've never been able to use an SD26VN so I can only shout from the benches. Ok, I was going to say that's a nice touch with the flashlight pics.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Ok wimmer you've got my attention. I have seen a few different comments by you now raving on about the SD26vn so now I am going to have to take a deeper look at this light. Any beam shots???

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is funny comparing the two lights. The XPL PDT has double the lux of the 219c version, but I swear that I can actually see what I am looking at downrange just about as well with the 219C.

I totally get it. I learned that tint is more important than lumens. My theory is that the human eye "interprets", whereas a light meter "measures".

The better tints help the eye/brain interpret the scene, therefore we "see" more.

That's why, when you go to a Blue Man Group concert, you can't really focus on them. So, I go only to Red Man Group concerts...... ;)

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the EC50vn closest competitor would be the R50provn. SD26vn less lumens but greater throw. These lights would more compliment each other than compete with each other.

I would love to see a 26650 light with the throw of the SD and the lumens of the EC. But, keeping the compact size of either of these two lights.

Now, that's a dream light. :twothumbs

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I have tried to take beamshots and comparison shots of my xpl and 219c but they werent worth posting. I have two lights that I would recommend to anyone, one is the T6vn and the other is the SD26vn.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I totally get it. I learned that tint is more important than lumens. My theory is that the human eye "interprets", whereas a light meter "measures".

The better tints help the eye/brain interpret the scene, therefore we "see" more.

That's why, when you go to a Blue Man Group concert, you can't really focus on them. So, I go only to Red Man Group concerts...... ;)
Blue Man Group... That was one for Google. MAD777, you're saying it's actually the tint that brings you to the Red Man Group. I find that hilarious.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I have tried to take beamshots and comparison shots of my xpl and 219c but they werent worth posting. I have two lights that I would recommend to anyone, one is the T6vn and the other is the SD26vn.
Wow, the raves are really piling up for this one. Too bad I recently put my wallet on maximum lockdown status.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Hmm, time will tell if you will be able to say the same after the first round of XHP.2 lights make the rounds. Yes, I get that that time is not now. But you SD26VN guys might permit that holding out for XHP.2 lights is as good a reason as any for abstaining.:broke:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the one-two Acebeam combo of EC60vn and EC50vn? Combined lumen of 5785 and combined lux of 130K. All in two 8 ounce packages (incl battery), each hiding well in a cargo or jacket pocket. One flooder and one throwy. ;)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I think about the current crop of flashlights, I realize the Acebeam has become quite the powerhouse. And I'm acquiring more & more of them. I don't have all these, but I wish I did.

EC50vn
EC60vn
T21vn
T30vn
K60vn
K70vn
X45vn
X65vn

Even the H20vn headlamp!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.. i like that olight engraved. Its sick.. he managed to engraved on that deep tight spot.

cerakote on that olight sr52utvn would look super cool. Just a though. Dont know if that is possible. Lol