• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

VNguyen

Enlightened
I just don't like the place VN, tried but really is not for me. Don't find it user friendly to read/view , not for me. Not suspended my account just yet, will give it a little longer before I do!

Same boat as u Ven. It's hard to navigate also. I just don't like the fact they know everything about u just by u entering your phone number when u sign up. It scared me to be honest. People I work with, relative, friends just magically pop up on the add list and I didn't even request. I joined just to catch up with the gang, not to add people and hear them gossip.

ven

Flashaholic
Same here, loads popping up then followed by requests...............thats why i closed account years back.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess enough people followed Vinh to Facebook that he doesn't need CPF any more----- I know one thing the Bandwidth or Terrible Server for CPF doesn't help the cause much either
As far as Facebook--not for me--- I see what it's done to my wife with always has to have phone by her side

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it's not just me with the FB thing, I thought I was being paranoid.
Everypne says I should market my beer on it, but if truth were told, I find it a bit banal - or is that anal?
P

Last edited:

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Guess enough people followed Vinh to Facebook that he doesn't need CPF any more----- I know one thing the Bandwidth or Terrible Server for CPF doesn't help the cause much either
As far as Facebook--not for me--- I see what it's done to my wife with always has to have phone by her side

Always having the phone by your side is not a FB thing. It is no different that wanting to be "Connected" to CPF all the time. Ignore the friend request's and keep it a closed group. I have "friends" on FB that have no interest in flashlights (Oh the horror) and I would never want to see them connected to the SkyLumen Forum.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF has always been an escape from my usual friends/interests etc and FB feels like going to the mall or something.

Being a musician, I have to do FB but when I want to hide under the blanket in my little flashlight world and think about cool adventure gear etc then I'll always click on my CPF app.

:):)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I think the majority of our info is being leaked directly from the bills we pay. Cell phone companies, credit card companies, online market places, any service you paid for online... They all trade around your info amongst one another as currency.

There is no privacy for most of us Joe Blows.

So not joining FB isn't really "shielding" you from anything. Even if you never had a FB account, if your friends have FB, then best believe you have some kind of presence there already, just waiting to tell you who you are, where you've been, and what you've been doing for years.

I just dont log into my FB account because I don't check often and I HATE when friends start to worry when I didn't respond to an invite or poke 20.4 seconds ago.

hahoo

Enlightened
i dont see a whole lot over on fb
i clicked the part that says CPF section, under groups ?
not a whole lot there
is that where everybodys going ?
is there another forum there im missing ?

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
i dont see a whole lot over on fb
i clicked the part that says CPF section, under groups ?
not a whole lot there
is that where everybodys going ?
is there another forum there im missing ?

The link is at the top of the sky lumens website. Click that link and then you request to be part of the group. Within a couple of hours they will respond and you can join. I went on with my wife's Facebook and checked it out. It seemed pretty cool. Just didn't want to start my own account with Facebook yet. That could change.

There was definitely a lot of activity going on over there. So you most likely did not go to the right spot.

MC408

Enlightened
The link is at the top of the sky lumens website. Click that link and then you request to be part of the group. Within a couple of hours they will respond and you can join. I went on with my wife's Facebook and checked it out. It seemed pretty cool. Just didn't want to start my own account with Facebook yet. That could change.

There was definitely a lot of activity going on over there. So you most likely did not go to the right spot.

Wait a minute! Are you SHELLY?!? lol. Here I am telling NL (David Lumen) that there are girls on FB skylumen and it's really noboneshotdog disguised as his wife! :crackup:

MC408

Enlightened
Hahoo, go ahead and join and I can approve you since I'm a mod there! Lol. Yeah. Mc408 is a mod, so it's skylumen fight club over there!

first rule of skylumen fight club, there are no rules!

2nd rule, don't talk about skylumen fight club, guess I broke that rule, or was that the first rule. Damn gotta rewatch that movie!

hahoo

Enlightened

what does the link say actually ?
ive already joined this....
under groups ?
is this not it ?

34959861922_b81cfc1bd7_b.jpg

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute! Are you SHELLY?!? lol. Here I am telling NL (David Lumen) that there are girls on FB skylumen and it's really noboneshotdog disguised as his wife! :crackup:

All the girls over there are really guys. :crackup: All the guys that didn't want a FB account hijacked thier wife's.

No Im not Shelly. I was only on for about a half our, than my wife left the group when she started getting notifications. Hahahaha. I may still join. We'll see.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question for you guys that have both. Is there much difference between the U21vn and the SR52vn with XPG2? The numbers are pretty close between the two and I was wondering if there is much difference in the beams.

I can't answer that either, but I have both in XPL. The U21vn basically does the same as the SR with that LED, but is more compact. My son now has my SR. [emoji4]

As for FB, I understand those who have concerns about privacy. In a closed group like Sky Lumen Lounge there's not too much to worry about. I've been on FB for about 5 years now and have had no issues whatsoever. CPF also has a FB page. We give away personal information whenever we go online and FB is no different. I rarely use it except for Vinh's group now as I got sick of the armchair activism. It gives a forum to people who are much more opinionated than informed! But it is the perfect format for Vinh and it is much easier to use than a forum. It only takes a little while to get used to it. I respect those who feel otherwise, but there is a bit going on over there, so I'll keep going to both places. [emoji4]

MC408

Enlightened
Did anyone even catch that NL is Daniel Lumen? :naughty:

If you you are concerned about privacy , make up a name and put a picture of Chuck Norris!

Yes, you OG, we miss you!!!! Lol

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the action moved to FB, giveaways, FDTs,

think the only regulars missing are OG, eekazum, Hahoo, chop728,, chopper, aginthelaw, noboneshotdog. (Only reason I check back here is to catch up with you guys!)

Some old members popped up and new folks I've never met.

a lot faster, and pics easier to post and comment on.

Ill keep checking both, but if anyone wonders why it's been dead, that's why!

Heres what your missing. :rolleyes:

Beauty!
image upload with preview

Thanks for checking in and sharing the pics MC!

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... Let's not confuse the forums and muck it up here ....

I'm glad that many of you find both groups useful, or at the least it is nice to have options ... but yes, please do try to keep the two different venues separate.

Privacy issues, in particular, are handled quite differently.

Please do not post personal info in public here, and that includes FB names / usernames / handles.

Last edited: