• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember, there's a sequence that electronically locks out the EC50. I've done it accidentally. Unscrewing the tail cap gets it going again. I hope that is what's happening to yours.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
EC50 GenII? Stock driver? Quote from @candle lamp candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423444 "The light has an electronic lock-out function to prevent accidental activation. Hold the switch down for more than 3 secs from Off, the light will activate Firefly mode and will flash 3 times to indicate the lockout state.
To unlock switch, hold the switch down for about 3 secs., the light will activate Firefly mode and will flash 3 times to indicate the unlock state."

-----------
Current led flashlight life: By night: Two X65vn, one in each hand, several mile nightly walk. By day: edc P60vn Quad XPL 8 volts. Cryos Cu head, 4,300 lumens.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Thanks guys. It is not the tailcap because I switched batteries just in case that was the problem. I will try the lock out idea, that could be it.I usually just loosen the tailcap for lockout, but this happened while I was using the light. Now that I think about it, I was trying to get to a lower level because I found 5 young raccoons in a tree.

Does anyone know if Vinh does any additional heat sinking to the X45vn? It seems to get hotter on 30% than my TN30vn35 or TN30vn50 does at 100%. I would expect at least a little better heat management at equivalent lumen outputs because of the larger head size/surface area of the X45vn.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
EC50 GenII? Stock driver? Quote from @candle lamp candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?423444 "The light has an electronic lock-out function to prevent accidental activation. Hold the switch down for more than 3 secs from Off, the light will activate Firefly mode and will flash 3 times to indicate the lockout state.
To unlock switch, hold the switch down for about 3 secs., the light will activate Firefly mode and will flash 3 times to indicate the unlock state."

-----------
Current led flashlight life: By night: Two X65vn, one in each hand, several mile nightly walk. By day: edc P60vn Quad XPL 8 volts. Cryos Cu head, 4,300 lumens.

The light is not locked out. When I installed a new battery I noticed a distinctive burned smell. I need you Vinh!

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys! I won't know what to do with myself Monday morning. I've worked non-stop since 16 years old, including working my way through college. Weird times ahead, LOL.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys! I won't know what to do with myself Monday morning. I've worked non-stop since 16 years old, including working my way through college. Weird times ahead, LOL.
I dont want to see you being a greeter at Wal-Mart now.lol. never that bored..Come on out to cali we will golf then hang out at my cabins shinning lights:) its about 300 yards across our pond.
25e1a33e51d71c3d9443322cbb768f5f.jpg
0ade5d7270362e565dfca52133cca842.jpg

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well guys, tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm signed up for Medicare, which I always thought was for OLD people. Well......

Congratulations on your retirement Mike, enjoy your last day of work. I hope that they give you a fitting send off!

You could buy yourself a celebration flashlight to mix it up a bit? [emoji38]