• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahoo

Enlightened
Vinh you should try putting the Osram Synios in a D1vn or other tiny thrower to see what kind of numbers/beam you get.

shhhhh....man dont get him side tracked.
he's probably busy right now trying to get that cft-90 crammed into the 1st BLF-GT prototype!:drool::D
vinh needs to clone about 10 more of himself.
then he might be able to take a much needed break every now and again;)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you share your thoughts as to why you like the MT35 more than the K65?

This is from the 2017 lounge:

7. Long runtime High output: MT35vn with 70.2 6500K. Pushing 6500+ Lumen with surprising long turbo time due to heft and heat sinking design. Almost the light I always grab when I go look for Tiger at night outside. Don't have to worry about turbo heat andit thrower enough yet lights up everything.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I check the reflector of the mt35vn. Indeed, it is deeper than k70vn. I don't know about the k65vn. ( same as k70).

Now i know why Vinh like mt35vn, the reflector is deeper and easy to focus led, and of course cheaper too.

Some mt35 reflector info from the mateminco.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deeper reflectors don't necessarily give more throw and aren't easier to focus. If you take two hypothetical reflectors with the same diameter, and have one deeper than the other, the deeper one's hotspot will be smaller, and corona will be larger, leading to a 'muddier' looking hotspot. Throw remains about the same.

hahoo

Enlightened
ok mr wimmer, did you get your " shock-em or knock-em " gt defense weapon yet ?
if so, maybe your out doing a video, and beam shots for us;)
curious to get your thoughts and professional opinion on this creation:D
maybe it will reach nc from your house:laughing:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, sorry for bumping the 2017 lounge thread the other day! I forgot that there would be a new one for this year. :)

Well, well, a brand new lounge for 2018!
I just received a couple of 2017 lights back from Vinh. I sent them to get "modernized" with D4 ramping UI, just in time for the new year.
They are my X45vn and TN40vn heat monsters.
The ramping UI gives me infinite control of the balance between power & heat. The max power is the same, but this upgrades the usefulness of these super lights. I love the results! Thanks Vinh!

That's a cool idea, MAD. Would you/Vinh mind sharing how much it would cost to convert the X45vn? That does sound really nice/intriguing. Or is it something that we could even reprogram ourselves following instructions somewhere?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
LAst one loook great.. any how.. i am watching foursevens mini mark II lights video on the youtube..

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Mom got into a major car accident last night but miraculously she and everyone elese was OK. She might have clipped the rear of a Semi which sent her spinning 3 circles on the freeway. Hers and another car went off into the ditch. I am taking her in to be seen now as she did bumped her head. I am very very grateful she and everyone eles seems to be OK so far.

I will be in Orlando from the 11th to the 16th. Please contact me via email. I might be slow to respond. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.