• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Triple mail call today.. I got my
imalent r90c
ROT66vn Samsung 4000k
manker pen light.. ( need a neck lanyard)

Thanks Vinh for the free pen light.. I measured rot66 Samsung 4000k @ 6000 lumen.. great output from 4000k and 90 cri.. I never knew it gonna be that high.

How do you like your R90C ?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking over pricing for the ROT66 and noticed that it's $100 with XPL HI, but $200 with the Samsung. Is Samsung worth paying an extra hundred bucks? Also noticed that the price drops to $78 for SST20 but I'm wondering if that might be a mistake.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking over pricing for the ROT66 and noticed that it's $100 with XPL HI, but $200 with the Samsung. Is Samsung worth paying an extra hundred bucks? Also noticed that the price drops to $78 for SST20 but I'm wondering if that might be a mistake.

Get a xpl hi 5000k. More efficient.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OH boy back to work...I bet everyone gained a lb or 2. Nothing beats being with family though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ok. I still haven't decided on whether to get the RTO66 or the MK34vn. It's a difficult choice for me.

I am sure many will prefer ROT66vn but I personally like MK34vn a tiny bit more. I do end up using the MK34vn a ton more because of it though. I am completely bias as I prefer VNX2/3 and I feel this driver is bullet proof and I am used to the UI. Should it ever break the light is easy to repair/upgrade. I also like triangular head that makes it easy to hold the light. I like it that its shorter as well. But the ROT66vn has the cool/Gimmicky AUX LEDs and its 1/2 the price. Cant argue with that!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

SST20 is much cheaper because I can get it form the factory that way. Samsung are installed by me. I would recommend the SST20 4000K 95 CRI for you if you like neutral/warm. If you want cool white then wait for White1/2.

hjdca

Newly Enlightened
I am sure many will prefer ROT66vn but I personally like MK34vn a tiny bit more. I do end up using the MK34vn a ton more because of it though. I am completely bias as I prefer VNX2/3 and I feel this driver is bullet proof and I am used to the UI. Should it ever break the light is easy to repair/upgrade. I also like triangular head that makes it easy to hold the light. I like it that its shorter as well. But the ROT66vn has the cool/Gimmicky AUX LEDs and its 1/2 the price. Cant argue with that!

I have the prototype ROT66vn with the SST20 from the Thanksgiving sale. It is a great way to go ! Lots of lumens with high CRI. I like the way the 9 LEDs are evenly spaced rather than 3 sets of triples (ie. 3 optics) on the MK34vn -- which seems like a compromise to use off-the-shelf optics and triple MCPCBs. I would think the ROT66vn evenly spaced LED layout would give a more perfectly round hot spot and better heat dissipation than the MK34vn, but, I do not really know.

So far, the heat dissipation on the ROT66vn is surprisingly good. The head really cools off quickly when you turn it off.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have the ROT66vn with the SST20 from the Thanksgiving sale. I like the way the 9 LEDs are evenly spaced rather than 3 sets of triples (ie. 3 optics) on the MK34vn -- which seems like a compromise to use off-the-shelf optics The optics is Manker proprietary*and triple quads* MCPCBs. I would think the ROT66vn spaced LED layout would give a more perfectly round hot spot and better heat dissipation than the MK34vn, but, I do not really know.

If you compare performance numbers of both are really close. If they were measure back to back I think the difference would be even closer. ROT66vn VS MK34vn = 7000L VS 7400 & 60Kcd VS 53Kcd.
UI and form factor and PRICEis the biggest deciding factor here.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, thanks for the help! The way a light feels in hand is very important to me and having one of your drivers is also a big plus so I'll go with the MK34vn.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing to consider with the factory driver vs vinh's driver is regulation. I'm not sure is VNX has flat regulation in lower ouptuts or not. The fireflies driver uses 13 regulation chips on lower outputs (flat regulation on outputs up to 1400 lumens on sst20 version and higher on xpl hi version), and fet (direct drive) for higher outputs.

I've had both the lh351d and sst20 versions of the rot66. For less than half the cost, I'd definitely get the sst20. SST20 outperforms the lh351d in color rendering, and it throws better with a more defined hotspot. lh351d is just a wall of light. lh351d does make for a little more output on turbo though.

Vinh also has small hands, so keep that in mind. I have normal-slightly larger than normal sized hands, and I think the ROT66 feels tiny.

DSC-0125.jpg

Having said all that though, the responsiveness of VNX and its many customizable mode settings are also really good.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, thanks for the help! The way a light feels in hand is very important to me and having one of your drivers is also a big plus so I'll go with the MK34vn.
Steve, you'll love that MK34vn. It's as much a piece of art as it is a flashlight. And, it feels great in the hand. It makes a smooth wall of light, I think no matter which LED. Vinh's UI is the icing on the cake, because Manker's is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.