• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2019

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Took in car for an oil change. Dealer said the cabin filter was infested with a mice nest! I just set up some traps. Any tips to get rid of mice???

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mice like eating plastic casing on wire harness. Not good for Vetts.. Start car, take out (even in rain) at least once weekly. Then get Big Cat and keep him hungry!

texas cop

Enlightened
Fox urine will scare them away. Less than a drop on the filter we send them running. Yes, you'll smell it the first week only slightly then nothing but the mice will smell it for weeks. A few drops around the garage help a lot too. Along with those tasty cheese and peanut butter baited traps.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL Man I trap these mice and then I go out to the park and release them... haha

Maybe the Neighbors a few streets over did the same favor for you --released them by your house --- Around my house ( 1/4 mile off Amite River) we have to exterminate small pest with the hope that the Coyotes don't come eat our pets

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure there's no food for them to eat in your backyard and garage. Including cat food.

Try sticky traps for mice. Use the green rat killer poison blocks for rats. About five years back.... it took me two days to clean and remove all the destruction from one rat. One and only rat I've had to deal with in 33 years at our current home. That $*x@^ got into everything!! :hairpull:

~ Chance

Rasher

Enlightened

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK so 2 ultarsonic repeller plugged in
Waiting for one more to be installed under the hood
Set up 5 mouse traps

If this dont work I am calling the Pros as suggested above.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The caulking on my shower tub is bad so I decided to take a day off to have it redone. Water leaked cause sheet rock damage and has to be re-painted tomorrow too. No fun.

Went to home depot and met a homeless that just got released from prison today. He was asking if I could help him with some blankets from Goodwill. Told him to hop in my truck and we can go shopping. Went to goodwill and let him select 2 blankets and a coat. He was super touched and said he is trying to get back on his feet. Claimed that he is 60 years old and is a good person, doesn't steal, rob or do anything illegal. He didn't say why he went to prison but I dint want to ask. He just said he was there for 2 months. The correction facility where he stayed was just a couple of miles from my house. He also said he have kids in the state but they don't care about him and he hate asking for help. After we shopped I dropped him back to his tent near home depot. This is the same tent that he was taken away from 2 months ago. All his stuff is mostly still there but wet since it been out for 2 months after the cops threw it out. He asked if I had work too. He still has the bracelet band from the prison. He said tomorrow he will go to DSHS and Social Security to get his life back together. May be when I get a chance I will stop by to see how he is doing. He really seem like a genuinely good man that screwed up a little and ran out of luck. Oh yeah, my wife attend college for ESL classes near by and coincidentally came home at the same time I was dropping him off by his tent. They met and shook hands. Currently I have $2720 in Lux Signifer. I haven't done any charity work lately so its kind of stacking. May be I can use some of it to get a man back on his feet. We will see...

Poorly written but yahhhh ;-P

Last edited: