The New Olight H1R Nova headlamp

luis0321

Newly Enlightened
Why weren't the modes built like the S2 Baton where turning it on in moon light or turbo doesn't affect memory? That way you have quick access to moonlight, turbo, and which ever else you choose? Right now if you turn it on on either moonlight or turbo it stays there when you switch it off and on again. Doesn't make sense.

butmrpdf

Newly Enlightened
Can the customised RCR123A battery that comes with the H1R be charged in a wall mount RCR123A charger?

Asking since my magnetic cable charger broke.. now only works intermittently

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Can the customised RCR123A battery that comes with the H1R be charged in a wall mount RCR123A charger?
Asking since my magnetic cable charger broke.. now only works intermittently
you mean something like below?
Charging163C06inSV2.jpg

yeah... it works with any cradle charger with charge rate of 0.5A and below.

Just fyi, if you happen to also own the Olight UC magnetic USB Charger, you are strongly advise against using that Olight UC charger to charge these customized Olight battery due to high possibility of shorting. :)

Last edited:

butmrpdf

Newly Enlightened
you mean something like below?
Charging163C06inSV2.jpg
yeah... it works with any cradle charger with charge rate of 0.5A and below. Just fyi, if you happen to also own the Olight UC magnetic USB Charger, you are strongly advise against using that Olight UC charger to charge these customized Olight battery due to high possibility of shorting. :)
Thanks for the cautionary note :)

I have ordered the xtar vc4 which is still in the mail but looks essentially the same as the one in the picture. So no chances of shorting the olight battery on the xtar? Or there's something I need to be careful about while placing the battery in the charging cradle? (The button top is the positive and the black ring surrounding it is the negative, which I should make sure doesn't come in contact with the positive charger pin, right?)

I don't know much about batteries but I admire how potent the lithium ions are

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
...So no chances of shorting the olight battery on the xtar?
unlikely to short... see below picture the same 163C06 battery charging in XTAR VC4... use slot 2 or slot 3 for charging at 0.5A or below...
Charging163C06inVC4.jpg

Or there's something I need to be careful about while placing the battery in the charging cradle? (The button top is the positive and the black ring surrounding it is the negative, which I should make sure doesn't come in contact with the positive charger pin, right?)
yes, you are right. here is a picture of the contacts, view from the battery button top...
163C06BatteryTerminals.jpg

hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
With most chargers the custom batteries work fine, you just have to watch you don't use one with raised contact points that might meet both contacts (not found one yet that does). The flat custom ones are a no no ie the 26650 for chargers, even they are protected so it won't blow up just kicks the circuit in. You can't use the universal magnetic charger with either custom battery type