The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

Serial Chiller

Newly Enlightened
Just saw that on Eagletac's website it says that the neutral white version has 12lm low as opposed to the 2lm of the cold white version. Is that a typo? Does anyone have the nw version?

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of replacing a Fenix TK40 with the G25C. Does anyone have both to compare ? Also, does anyone have an opinion on this plan. Have to justify buying another light by selling excess. The beam shots of the G25C look great, but not sure how much better than the Tk40 in person.
Unfortunately - not better at all. TK40 is brighter and throws better than G25C2.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately - not better at all. TK40 is brighter and throws better than G25C2.

Just curious, were you refering to the TK40 or TK41 ? The TK40 is rated at 630 lumens, while the TK41 is rated at 800. I don't know if the 770 claim on the GC25C2 is ANSI lumens or not, but I would expect the G253C2 to be at least equal to the TK40. I was hoping for at least that. Maybe the larger reflector has something to do with it.
Trying to buy a new light makes my head hurt.
duh2.gif

mudvin

Newly Enlightened
Just saw that on Eagletac's website it says that the neutral white version has 12lm low as opposed to the 2lm of the cold white version. Is that a typo? Does anyone have the nw version?

This is a typo, I just received the neutral white version and the beam on low is around half that of my old mag aa.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from eagletac-usa, they have had stock since new years.
Thanks. I couldnt make up my mind if I should get the neutral white. Should have ordered that first instead of the cool white. Already have the cool white U2 bin which I just received last week as well as the Maelstrom X7 neutral white. What would you guys do in my shoes? Sell off the cool white and get the neutral? I must say that the maelstrom X7 looks the same in brightness to my cool white G25C2. Not sure if the neutral white G25C2 would be dimmer than the Maelstrom X7 neutral white?

mudvin

Newly Enlightened
I received my neutral white g25c2 from eagletac-usa a couple of days ago, only took five days to arrive in Australia, including a weekend which was very cool.

boxdg.jpg
kitdi.jpg

The build of the unit was not perfect, with a small imperfection on the anodizing as well as something (gunk or scratch) on the reflector, however this did not affect the beam.

reflector.jpg

Some beam shots taken from around 2 meters, the camera has made them appear rather similar, which is not the case in reality.

beamshots1of4.jpg
beamshots2of4.jpg

beamshots3of4.jpg
beamshots4of4.jpg

I took a shot with the diffuser attached in an attempt to show up the color rendition of the led. It appears to be on the cooler side of neutral to my eyes, which I think is pretty nice.

diffuser.jpg

Finally some outdoors shots taken at a distance of 25 meters, the first is on low and the second on turbo.

25mlow.jpg

25mhigh.jpg

Overall, I'm very happy with the product as my first upgrade from mag products, A little disappointing that the finish was not perfect, however nothing functional was affected.

Hope this information helps some others with their decisions!

rico90

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday with 2 x 3100mah AW 18650 batteries. With this battery this little torch is amazing. I am a newbie and tought my Led lenser L7 was good :)

liquidwater

Newly Enlightened
can the the g25c2 go into instant strobe when off? and if so, how do u do it and does it stay on untill u click it off?

thanks.

Serial Chiller

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I couldnt make up my mind if I should get the neutral white. Should have ordered that first instead of the cool white. Already have the cool white U2 bin which I just received last week as well as the Maelstrom X7 neutral white. What would you guys do in my shoes? Sell off the cool white and get the neutral?

I also couldn't decide between the two versions, so I ordered them both. As soon as they arrive, I can compare them side by side and send back one of them. Why don't you just order the neutral, compare it to the U2 version and send it back or sell it if you don't like it?!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
can the the g25c2 go into instant strobe when off? and if so, how do u do it and does it stay on untill u click it off?

thanks.

From the instruction sheet:
Tailcap Strobe setting
With this enabled,you can access strobe output at the tailcap switch button.To enable (or disable)
this function (disable from factory),dial to 1st level and turn the flashlight on and off 20 times
(one second or less between each click). With the tailcap strobe setting enabled,a double press of
the switch button (within one second) will activate the strobe output.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened

thanks.

From the instruction sheet:
Tailcap Strobe setting
With this enabled,you can access strobe output at the tailcap switch button.To enable (or disable)
this function (disable from factory),dial to 1st level and turn the flashlight on and off 20 times
(one second or less between each click). With the tailcap strobe setting enabled,a double press of
the switch button (within one second) will activate the strobe output.

^^^
That would be one (and probably the best) quick way to go from off straight to strobe. Alternatively, if the light were in tactical mode, and the head turned to position 3 or 4, one press of the button would take you to strobe. That's assuming of course that you would leave the light set to the strobe positions as a matter of course.

That is why the first option would be preferable to my mind - you can still get to strobe quickly, but not effect your normal light level settings.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also couldn't decide between the two versions, so I ordered them both. As soon as they arrive, I can compare them side by side and send back one of them. Why don't you just order the neutral, compare it to the U2 version and send it back or sell it if you don't like it?!
Because I don't think that is being fair to the dealer? I don't know but I think they may still need to pay for the credit card charges even if they offer a refund.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Has anyone put this light up against the Sunwayman T20CS?

Hopped on the bandwagon and got a G25C2. The T20CS has it beat by a VERY small margin in throw (agreed by three witnesses), but only on CR123A primaries, and without as good a tint as the Eagletac.

Pretty much makes it a toss-up in my book, as far as output goes.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
I pulled the trigger on the G25C2 and it came in the mail Friday. I was wondering how it compared to my TK40 and went outside with both ASAP. The TK40 has a tighter beam, but to my eyes is no brighter. The G25C2 has a huge usefull spill. Both lights will light my neighbors shed three houses away, but the G25C2 will light the entire yard as well. Mine came clean and with no missing ano.
Thanks everyone for input into this thread, really helped with my decision.