The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

rambo180

Enlightened
cheers ampersand, flashlight nut and thaugen. i will look into it. appreciate that.

Yeah LEDtorchshop in Aus don't have the extensions, they said they didn't think it was very useful for the type of light. perhaps a good point. Quite easy to carry 1x spare 18650 and just switch batteries if necessary, instead of 1 really long and thin torch that dosen't fit into the holster. They do have good customer service though!

Wagner

Newly Enlightened
I have Panasonic 3100 mAh battery 6.5 cm. I can not access the 4th mode using a single cell. When I use the extender to three cells, the flashlight does not work. It is a space between the talicap and Panasonic battery. When I use a single battery UltraFire 18650, the flashlight works well. When I use two Ultrafire 18650 batteries the flashlight works well again. UltraFire Battery is a few mm larger than the Panasonic. My problem is the battery size.

Google translator

aL01

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking of pulling-the-trigger on a G25C2...a coupla' quick questions:

-Can I set it so when I turn it off-on-off etc., it's only on 'HIGH' (770 lumens)?

-Is the step-down feature configurable so that it stays on 770 lumens?

-Is the strobe easily turned on?

Thanks guys!

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Yes, just don't twist the head and you'll be on high all the time.
2. Yes.

PS. It's 770 emitter and 640 out of the front lumens.

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell me if with one 18650 battery EAGLETAC G25C2 gives the same powerful output than two CR123 batteries?
Can you suggest a very good charger for EAGLETAC protected batteries?
Thanks

Last edited:

t-ph

Newly Enlightened
I think my issue above is this same, but i can access other states. Enerpower+ has Panasonic Cell Inside. How did you resolve problem?

I have Panasonic 3100 mAh battery 6.5 cm. I can not access the 4th mode using a single cell. When I use the extender to three cells, the flashlight does not work. It is a space between the talicap and Panasonic battery. When I use a single battery UltraFire 18650, the flashlight works well. When I use two Ultrafire 18650 batteries the flashlight works well again. UltraFire Battery is a few mm larger than the Panasonic. My problem is the battery size.

Google translator

Same Trouble

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Blackbeard

Enlightened
Was taking a late walk in my complex, and a police car was patrolling, he stopped by to see if I was a nogoodnick I guess, showed him the G25C2 and he was blown away, he whipped out his 3D incan Maglite and I had to stop myself from chuckling, couldnt believe a LEO was toting that around.

rambo180

Enlightened
Can you tell me if with one 18650 battery EAGLETAC G25C2 gives the same powerful output than two CR123 batteries?
Can you suggest a very good charger for EAGLETAC protected batteries?
Thanks

In general, 2xCR123s will give you around 10-20% more power, but at a significantly reduced runtime compared to one badboy 18650.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general, 2xCR123s will give you around 10-20% more power, but at a significantly reduced runtime compared to one badboy 18650.
In G25C2 output is the same on both 2xCR123 and 1x18650. Runtime with 1x18650 is about 2x longer.

HooNz

Enlightened
It turned up a hour ago .

I think i'm going to like this G , daytime here at the moment(10am) and on high just on a wall inside here at 10 feet the G looks twice as bright than the T-HO on high imo .

LOL , after reading the included instruction sheet 5 times i still could not get the G to the super low setting :mecry:, then i realised that in the instruction sheet the regular mode is not the default mode! , it is the Tac mode which is the default , i'm a bit dim :thinking: , eventually and anyway the G low is lower than the T-HO low by a noticeable amount by eye and it is now real good to be able to turn it on in low for starters .

Tonight will be good i reckon , a smooth reflector in this one also btw.

So , question , how is one supposed to get the gitd rubber in? , i tried those 2 little holes but this one seems real tight and it wont budge .

cheers all............

HooNz

Enlightened
8pm- Onya EagleTac , at least one can trust when they say a distance it actually is again!(ref:T20C2-HO) :faint:

The low is half lower again of a T-HO and i really like! , suits my preferences , and by eye only .

I thought i'd like this G going just by today , that extra distance at last.

If ever your going to play with it further i personally would like to see or feel some kind of indents on the mode , not too heavy but not too light either and some might not like the idea at all , but i'll buy one for sure!

Good one..............

HooNz

Enlightened
Have you ever noticed?
I just came back from the 4klm walk , this time i took the ican also so that was the G the T and the ican walking with me , a clear night with just a few headlights out here at rural .
I have come across this before with the T over the last year or so , ie: i need further distance -does not seem as bright etcetera , then i take out a ican also with me which i have had a few choices to take with me and then it is very apparent that the T still is bright and seems to be the imagination?
I have only used the G a few times so far and last night with only the G i had that "i need more throw" - "i need more bright-ness" , so tonight i did the same as the past in which i have just done just to re-confirm the illusion of a something is not right scenario and compared with the ican then the T and then the G the same thing or scenario was very apparent>
which is> one seems to get used to what one is looking at , or what one has and seemingly expects more , and when after awhile when one only uses the last known better one for some time it seems that 'something' else should be or could be better? , yet take a incan or something less as good , straight away one gives oneself a head-smack or as with me a what the hell caused that impression!
I suppose using the analogy of a vehickle but i'll use a motorcycle might be , lets say first in this analogy nothing is unlawful so>
Country road , flat and a full horizon distance view sitting on 200k's a hour for 1/2 or 1 hour or more , then a small town comes up with a 80k speed limit then 60k , at 80k one feels if you could get off and walk faster , at 60k it is like your just about to park UNTILL you try to do it!
So i'll end the story with a recommendation , getting bored with a light? , seems no good? = Keep a old light and top-up the brain.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
good point.....
plus there is always the lingering question regarding 'multiple Lion cells':
What does one "imbalanced" or defective RCR123 +another RCR123 =??? POOF!yipe!!
I didnt get the Klarus because of the two RCR123 power needed for full performance.

OTOH I love my Catapault V3, although it needs TWO 18650s and I make sure I use name brand evenly charged 18650 cells!

biglights

Enlightened
I am taking a hard look at this light. Not a lot of info out there review wise. Whats the general feeling of those that have it?