The official PKDL thread

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paul Kim's PK-PR1

Amazon (Bull's Eye) or Supreme Co?

This light looks like a winner for sure! While I was not a fan of the edges and angles of the FL2 LE while I owned it, this light looks like it has a somewhat different mindset with its design. Hopefully, I will be able to purchase one through Amazon soon!

Nice job PK!

Edited to ask: if the clip is removed from the PR1, will the head fully seat down and seal correctly, or will there be a gap there instead? And if there is a gap, will the light still be fully sealed?

Also curious about this.

pk

Photon King

Edited to ask: if the clip is removed from the PR1, will the head fully seat down and seal correctly, or will there be a gap there instead? And if there is a gap, will the light still be fully sealed?
Beltclip removal does leave a gap, but it does not effect sealing integrity.
pkdesignlab%20pr1%20gap.JPG

pk

Photon King

Paul,
The specifications for PL2 claim 1*AAA and 150+ lm 12 hours, 10+ lm 48 hours. There must be a mistake. Also, the link in your signature needs some updating. It says pkdesign.com but leads to pk-e.com which is obviously wrong (unless you have also started a non-smoking aid bushiness).
Thanks for your input. All spec will be updated before official product release announcement.
BTW, I don't think I will quit smoking anyday soon... ;)

scout24

Flashaholic

That looks like an indexing tab on the pocketclip. There should be more of those. Nice to see.

pk

Photon King

Bulls Eye Worldwide is a good seller. I got FL2's from them. Based in Kentucky USA, they got 'em to me fast. Shipped next day.
Don't know if they make a stop at an Amazon warehouse or what. But do know they arrived in an Amazon box full of fluffy cushioning.

As I type this a search for PK PL2 or PR1 shows the link to the Amazon sold FL2 among other thngs. No PR1 yet as of last night. You may also see PK Warrior fertilizer, and a bunch of other non flashlight related products under the PK monicer like a 'signal pole', some kinda diamond tooth prep and some medical break-throughs.
Looks like our hero has been busy.

Bulls Eye Worldwide Amazon store front for pk is here:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_...f&rh=p_4:PK+Design+Lab&ie=UTF8&qid=1461520885
And Yes, all pk products are Fulfilled by Amazon warehouse.

Hahaha. You have no idea how busy I've been. but different kind of fertilizers :laughing:
One of my current project is to developing REALTREE illumination tools and they have different ideas then what I would of make PKDL projects.
Anyway, I will post some when it gets available on another topic.

pk

Photon King

That looks like an indexing tab on the pocketclip. There should be more of those. Nice to see.
Gee, I think I found a person who appreciate this kinds of details. I personally hate a beltclip that rotates and comes off easily.
FYI, Round ring itself is curved to act like wave washer and there is two other tab that bent forward to aid that self retaining function as well.
pkdesignlab%20pr1%20beltclip.JPG

PR1 body's index interface is actually designed to expand much more than just a light with beltclip. This interface can be utilized many other mounting options like head mount, weapon mount, holster interface, etc. and they are already designed, but not sure when I can actually make it..

edit: did I said that I like big functional beltclip?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Bulls Eye Worldwide Amazon store front for pk is here:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_...f&rh=p_4:PK+Design+Lab&ie=UTF8&qid=1461520885
And Yes, all pk products are Fulfilled by Amazon warehouse.

Hahaha. You have no idea how busy I've been. but different kind of fertilizers :laughing:
One of my current project is to developing REALTREE illumination tools and they have different ideas then what I would of make PKDL projects.
Anyway, I will post some when it gets available on another topic.

Kinda scared to know what fertilzer you're making.
But greatly look forward to see-ing PK'd Realtree illumination tools.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did I miss when it's going to be available? Is there an email notification option or something for the PK-pr1?

BriteLite2

Enlightened

plastic window? ugh :(

PVD coating? is that Type II anno? shiny black?

looks like something from Solarforce.

Not hugely impressed with the lights . no innovation here just another black light.

might look into the aaa but its not igniting passion like the old days :(

bykfixer

Flashaholic

plastic window? ugh :(

PVD coating? is that Type II anno? shiny black?

looks like something from Solarforce.

Not hugely impressed with the lights . no innovation here just another black light.

might look into the aaa but its not igniting passion like the old days :(

Really?

Nah, nothing innovate here...

Last edited:

cubebike

Enlightened

It is available over supreme co. now and I went there and play for a while. I did not buy it and i personally i dislike
1. The stainless steel clip which was too wide and too weak.
2. Knurkling on tail was too ' shallow'. I had difficulties to open the tailcap

Last edited:

cloggy

Newly Enlightened

Amazon US will not ship the light to the UK- anyone know of an international seller?

kj2

Flashaholic

Amazon US will not ship the light to the UK- anyone know of an international seller?

\/

Bull's Eye will sell them at Amazon USA distribution, and Supreme Co at Hong Kong will distribute all other international consumers.
They just received first shipment and I am sure they will register in their system and post on their web soon.

Cheers

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I do not see it at Bulls Eye World yet.

I'll probably add the pocket clip to my pocket clip collection and carry it in pocket with coins etc to see how the PVD holds up.

Personally I'm more looking forward to the PL 2 light. (crossing fingers it's released by July 4th)

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey guys!
Those of you who are on social media have probably caught sight of PK's new Pocket Rocket.
Information page is up at PK's website.

26486615352_eda44d3234_b.jpg

Wait a minute. In the last photo above it looks like it tail stands. I just watch a YouTube clip show of it with a profile shot that clearly illustrates otherwise.

There are two different boots, one more flat like above, or which will it be?