The Official Zebralight Thread .

NPL

Enlightened
I think that was only with the very early Mk.IV release and has since been corrected. At least that's what I recall reading from some folks who ran tests on BLF.
That's good news if it's the case. Only graphs I have seen to date are the ones showing large oscillations. If you find the newer reports, please do share the link.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hate me but I'm bumping my own question. Those of you with the f models, does the frosted lens eleimnate the tint shift across the beam? Thanks for your help!
Do the F models eliminate the tint shift across the beam? That was the one small nit pick I had with my SC53c and SC53w

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't hate me but I'm bumping my own question. Those of you with the f models, does the frosted lens eleimnate the tint shift across the beam? Thanks for your help!
In my experience yes. I have an H600Fc and previously owned an SC5Fc, neither with any noticeable tint shift.

megam

Newly Enlightened
What are people's preferences for Fd vs Fc vs Fw, specifically for the H600 Mk IV? I'm not finding beamshots comparing them. I'm just looking for pure white light, and the lumens/lux/runtime of all of them is fine, so I think the Fd is the best for me, but I'm not sure another doesn't have a better tint.

NPL

Enlightened
What are people's preferences for Fd vs Fc vs Fw, specifically for the H600 Mk IV? I'm not finding beamshots comparing them. I'm just looking for pure white light, and the lumens/lux/runtime of all of them is fine, so I think the Fd is the best for me, but I'm not sure another doesn't have a better tint.
I have the FC mk4 in 4000k and if you are looking for pure white I would recommend the FD model or fw. The FC is on the warmer side.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd say go for the Fd version. That's in the range that in my opinion looks the most pure white.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they all look white if it's the only light source you're using. But, yeah, 5000K of the Fd is generally thought of as a more neutral-to-coolish white. For most people starting out, it's a good one to start with. After that, you can decide if you like tints a bit warmer, which makes reds pop a bit more.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally ordered my first zebra. 600fd. Will be used to drink beer & water grass in the evening.

Ordered through Amazon & saved tax.

megam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies, NPL, iamlucky13, and and WalkIntoTheLight. I went with the H600Fd, but I was also buying a SC64w, so I'll be able to compare once they arrive.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emmisar D4s with 5000k 90 CRI nichia 219C and Fireflies ROT66 with 4500k 95 CRI Nichia 219B R9080 on the way! I can't wait to compare them with my H600FC sporting the 90 CRI 4000k XHP50.2.

Good time to be a tint snob.

markr6

Flashaholic
Emmisar D4s with 5000k 90 CRI nichia 219C and Fireflies ROT66 with 4500k 95 CRI Nichia 219B R9080 on the way! I can't wait to compare them with my H600FC sporting the 90 CRI 4000k XHP50.2.

Good time to be a tint snob.

Amazing stuff! I'm on the fence with both of those.

On another note, I know I sound like a broken record here but I really miss the "middle of the night" super low modes on the newer Zebralights. SC64w and SC600w IV HI, even on the lowest setting, are room-lighters. I had to settle for the old thumb-over-the-lens trick this past weekend while moving around at night as to not disturb anyone, or my eyes.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I also miss the 0.01 low after I sold my SC62 to get the SC64w. The lowest setting I have to bounce it from the wall, otherwise it's too bright.

Yesterday I got the SC53w and it has a low moonlight, but the tint is not good. Greenish with green corona, the tint shift so many people complained about. Using by itself is ok, but once I compare to the SC64w and SC32w, it's bad.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing stuff! I'm on the fence with both of those.

On another note, I know I sound like a broken record here but I really miss the "middle of the night" super low modes on the newer Zebralights. SC64w and SC600w IV HI, even on the lowest setting, are room-lighters. I had to settle for the old thumb-over-the-lens trick this past weekend while moving around at night as to not disturb anyone, or my eyes.

The R9080 variant of the ROT66 won't be around forever. Sooner or later Fireflies is gonna run out of those emitters. Maukka has tested it to have a very low moonlight mode (>.1 lumen). I know it's probably not going to be the impossibly low .01 lumen that some Zebralights have, but still very low.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yesterday I got the SC53w and it has a low moonlight, but the tint is not good. Greenish with green corona, the tint shift so many people complained about. Using by itself is ok, but once I compare to the SC64w and SC32w, it's bad.

That's too bad. It's next on my list to buy. I guess it's just a chance I'll need to take, as usual.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Problem with the SC53w is not tint lottery. Check the search for "tint shift" on the SC53w. All of them have it.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer my SC52's, anyway. They can take a 14500, for a 500 lumen max output. Makes it the same output as my SC5w, but in a smaller size.