The Official Zebralight Thread .

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Quick question....I'm curious if anyone in here owns both the h600fc iv and the sc600fc iv+ in 4000k? I just got my h600fc in the mail and the tint seems to be perfect. Is there much of a difference between the xhp50 and the xhp50.2? I wasn't planning on buying another light, but I reeeeaaaalllllllyyy like this one.

AcesHigh

Newly Enlightened
So ok recently I got a new Zebralight Sc53c. This will probably last me for the many years to come (use to carry Nitecore). I kinda like the ZL no issue but is there any place where I can buy bidirectional clip for the light? Similar to those of Surefire E1B backup. Would be nice if I could clip this light on the bill of my cap :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dcraig

Newly Enlightened
I noticed the A6 has been added to the spreadsheet. Looks to be an 18650 angle light, 70+ CRI, 5000K, 3 to 800 lumens, 5 modes, TIR optic, black anodization. Curious to see some pics.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the A6 has been added to the spreadsheet. Looks to be an 18650 angle light, 70+ CRI, 5000K, 3 to 800 lumens, 5 modes, TIR optic, black anodization. Curious to see some pics.
I wouldn't get my hopes too high yet. Things have showed up on the spreadsheet before and never materialized.

SYZYGY

Enlightened
the A6 doesn't sound very exciting. zzzzzZZzzzZzZzzZZ

where's that damn C3?

TOEPKw6.png

Last edited:

brachypelma44

Newly Enlightened
I put a Lee Filter 1/4 minus green on my SC700d and it cleaned it right up. I haven't tried the Zircon filters yet, but I'd recommend that you start by purchasing one of the LEE FILTER Swatch books first (Google it). This way you can play with the different colors to find the one you like best, then if you feel like purchasing a 12"x12" sheet you'll have a better idea of which one you want.

I found the Lee Filter Designer Swatch books for as little as $2.50 each (always get two swatch books). The nice bonus with these swatch books is that you also get a nice variety of diffusion material.

By the way, I cut the filter for my SC700d directly from one of the filters included in the swatch book. Put a little piece of double sided tape in the center and put it on the front glass and bam, no more green. Have fun!

So, I'm new to ZL and am considering a SC700Fd as a light to use while I'm walking to the chicken yards on the back of our property (75 feet from the house or so) to close them up every night. Do you think that this mod would be necessary for the more diffused version of the light, or only for the standard SC700d since the greenish transitions in the beam are more noticeable on that model?

Thanks in advance.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been 2 years since Zebralight last updated their line of SC600's and H600's. I thought they would be coming out with Mark V models around now. I haven't heard any news of this, and their spreadsheet doesn't indicate any plans. Has anyone heard anything about updated versions?

I'm about to buy another Zebra, and don't know if I should just get another MkIV, or wait a few weeks for a V.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
I gotta say, I was turned on to ordering a SC64w Hi, thinking it might be THE EDC light that finally pulls me off my SL Protac 2L.

But the last 2 pages or so of this thread have me a little leery. Tint issues, anodizing inconsistencies, needing a filter to clean up the beam?
Am I reading too much into some of the nuances?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I'm new to ZL and am considering a SC700Fd as a light to use while I'm walking to the chicken yards on the back of our property (75 feet from the house or so) to close them up every night. Do you think that this mod would be necessary for the more diffused version of the light, or only for the standard SC700d since the greenish transitions in the beam are more noticeable on that model?

Thanks in advance.
First of all, welcome to CPF!!! I hope you enjoy your time here. Second, I've never bought one of the ZL frosted lens versions, so I couldn't honestly answer you on that question. I will say, however, that the SC700d is already reasonably floody, so I'm not sure you'd really need to get the F version, and, more importantly, the filter swatch books that you can purchase for less than $10 (specifically the Lee Filters Designer Pack),contain not only a large variety of colored filters, but also contain a large variety of diffusion filters as well.

This has the added bonus of first, letting you purchase the regular unfrosted version of the light to see if you like that, and then if you feel you need more diffusion, it's a simple matter to go through the filter pack and pick exactly the level of diffusion you prefer.

The only downside to this, as far as I'm concerned, is that with the ZL current lineup, the filters must be attached to the front of the lens, usually with a small square of double sided tape, and although I've never had a problem with this method, it's something to consider.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I gotta say, I was turned on to ordering a SC64w Hi, thinking it might be THE EDC light that finally pulls me off my SL Protac 2L.

But the last 2 pages or so of this thread have me a little leery. Tint issues, anodizing inconsistencies, needing a filter to clean up the beam?
Am I reading too much into some of the nuances?

The SC64w HI has the most amazing tint among all Zebralights. And also the darkest anodizing, which people tend to like a lot. There's no way to go wrong.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC64w HI has the most amazing tint among all Zebralights. And also the darkest anodizing, which people tend to like a lot. There's no way to go wrong.

Yes, +1 for the SC64w HI. Probably my most-used Zebra. It's a good all-purpose light that you can use indoors and out. The only downside is that it heats up quickly on max, and then throttles down when the temperature controls kick in. This is to be expected on such a small light, though.

SSANDERS

Newly Enlightened
Yes, +1 for the SC64w HI. Probably my most-used Zebra. It's a good all-purpose light that you can use indoors and out. The only downside is that it heats up quickly on max, and then throttles down when the temperature controls kick in. This is to be expected on such a small light, though.

I think I read a few pages back that the outputs for the SC64w HI on the ZL site are overstated. Is this still true?
My ideal UI would be easy access to the 21.3, 245, 467, & 814 lumen settings, in that order. Those outputs would be right on the money for my uses, so I'm hoping they are accurate.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been 2 years since Zebralight last updated their line of SC600's and H600's. I thought they would be coming out with Mark V models around now. I haven't heard any news of this, and their spreadsheet doesn't indicate any plans. Has anyone heard anything about updated versions?

I'm about to buy another Zebra, and don't know if I should just get another MkIV, or wait a few weeks for a V.

Oh, well. I went ahead and ordered the MkIV H600fc that I've been eyeing for awhile. Zebralight's brand-new models usually require a bit of time for them to get the quirks out anyway, so maybe best not to order a MkV when it first comes out. The exception was the pre-order for the SC64w HI, which has been flawless.

I still think updated models must be coming soon.

brachypelma44

Newly Enlightened
First of all, welcome to CPF!!! I hope you enjoy your time here. Second, I've never bought one of the ZL frosted lens versions, so I couldn't honestly answer you on that question. I will say, however, that the SC700d is already reasonably floody, so I'm not sure you'd really need to get the F version, and, more importantly, the filter swatch books that you can purchase for less than $10 (specifically the Lee Filters Designer Pack),contain not only a large variety of colored filters, but also contain a large variety of diffusion filters as well.

This has the added bonus of first, letting you purchase the regular unfrosted version of the light to see if you like that, and then if you feel you need more diffusion, it's a simple matter to go through the filter pack and pick exactly the level of diffusion you prefer.

The only downside to this, as far as I'm concerned, is that with the ZL current lineup, the filters must be attached to the front of the lens, usually with a small square of double sided tape, and although I've never had a problem with this method, it's something to consider.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the idea of attaching a filter with tape, but if the color was really bad, I would have considered doing it. Fortunately, I got my F version yesterday, and it seems perfectly uniform to me with no noticeable green tint. I've always enjoyed floody flashlights, so I went ahead and ordered it, and tbh, this is kind of like a dream light for me. A total pleasure to use. It lights up the woods around the chicken yards pretty well on the highest setting, too.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Keitho

Enlightened
Dear Zebra-claus,

I have been a very good boy this year. I bought a Zebralight, and only five non-ZL lights. I promise, when I use those other lights, I wish that they had the efficiency and UI of yours. I've been such a good boy that I've hardly complained that there hasn't been a new major release for 13 months. But, I know your elves down in the south pole (that's in TX, right?) have had a busy year.

I can be an even better boy in 2020 and buy many more Zebralights if you check your list twice and find that I deserve one or more presents from my list:
- an SC65 with a high-CRI warm LED and great output (an SC6x body with the performance of something like the HC600c/d: close to 3 hrs at close to 1000 lumens of high CRI)
- an SC70c, small-as-you-can-make it 21700
- a G8 "lending mode" with 3 modes, no double- or triple- or quad-clicks and no strobes

I'll be sure to leave out milk and cookies! If I don't get anything on my list, I'll be forced to spend my flashlight money to buy this stock photo and make a killing selling T-shirts next year on candlepowerforums.com: https://www.canstockphoto.com/santa-with-a-flashlight-3959803.html

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any Zebralights that are actually rosy tint?
All of the ones I have owned that used the XHP35 HI & HD in 4500K have been(4 lights) as well as the ones I have owned using the Luxeon T in 4000K(H502c L2)and XM-L2 Easywhite in 4000K(H600Fc MKIII)but, remember the tint lottery is real. I will say that I have had 3 different Zebralights with the XHP35 HI and all of them were rosy to different degrees.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:wave: Tachead, hope your well.

SKV89, how true it is, i dont know. But there was a rumour mr zebra does not like rosy tints(hence why no nichia from them amongst other reasons). Apparently mr zebra prefers yellow to rosy. Again how true it is, dont know. As Tac says, the tint loto is defo real!!!. You are safer with xhp 35 HI/ HD . Bob on here mods them to nichia 219b's, i have one and its fantastic.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any Zebralights that are actually rosy tint?

I have two that are on the rosy-side, or at least not on the green/yellow side.

The SC64w HI. Great tint! Uses a Cree XHP35 HI emitter.

The H600Fc. I just got this one, and again love the tint! Uses a high CRI Cree XHP50.2 emitter. Surprisingly good for a domed Cree, but perhaps the frosted lens smooths things out. My SC600w Plus uses the 50.2, but it's nowhere near as good. (Still decent, but it shows tint shifts, and it's on the green side of BBL.)

Other zebras tend to be on the green or yellow side of the BBL, especially domed emitters. I also like the SC600w HI tint. It's as pure as the SC64w HI, but it's slightly on the yellow side of BBL, when compared side-by-side.

One other Zebra I have it pretty-much dead-center BBL. The SC5w. Nice pure tint, but a little cooler than I like. I like things closer to 4000K than 5000K.

- an SC65 with a high-CRI warm LED and great output (an SC6x body with the performance of something like the HC600c/d: close to 3 hrs at close to 1000 lumens of high CRI)

Yeah, I don't think you'll be seeing that in a SC64 sized body anytime soon.

- an SC70c, small-as-you-can-make it 21700

I'm not a fan of the 21700 sized cells, but I could see that being popular with some.

- a G8 "lending mode" with 3 modes, no double- or triple- or quad-clicks and no strobes

Oh, I like that one! Good suggestion. IMO, I'd just go with two modes, to make it even more simple, but I suppose I could just program 2 of the 3 modes to be the same.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave: Tachead, hope your well.

SKV89, how true it is, i dont know. But there was a rumour mr zebra does not like rosy tints(hence why no nichia from them amongst other reasons). Apparently mr zebra prefers yellow to rosy. Again how true it is, dont know. As Tac says, the tint loto is defo real!!!. You are safer with xhp 35 HI/ HD . Bob on here mods them to nichia 219b's, i have one and its fantastic.
Hey Ven, Merry Christmas sir, hope you and yours are as well[emoji106]. Long time no speak, how have ya been? I have been focusing on other hobbies but, as usual, I'm back for the winter to see what's new in the lighting world.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Last edited: