The Official Zebralight Thread .

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
After years of seeing the posts about it, it finally happened to me. I've lost my favorite flashlight. It was the day after a wedding and I made more stops than I can even remember to help with cleanup (had my sweatpants on after a LONG night) and it must have slid out of my pocket somewhere. When I got home, it was gone.

My immediate response was to replace it, annnnnnnnnnnnd BACK ORDERED

But all hope is not lost. This is the perfect excuse to order the SC64w HI for the time being in hopes that my LE somehow turns up.

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Crisis averted! I found my sc64 le in a couch :D

Going a little over a week without it really solidifies it as my EDC. Man did I miss this thing.

911blackadder

Newly Enlightened
Recently posted a "Cheer Thread" for Zebralight: A company that stands by its products. Here's a 3 minute 30 second video on that thread showing tint and going through our family story with Zebralight.

https://youtu.be/v-Q_nj4XHsY

I love Zebralight all the time, when I loosing it I buy it again and repeat.
I wish they have a Nichia Hi-CRI on their arsenal, it's gonne be realy intresting!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a question yesterday on ZL's website about the SC64w, and today the SC64w is listed as "discontinued." I am now wondering if:
A) Is Zebralight coming out with a replacement/new model, or
B) Did the SC64w not sell well enough to keep making it?

Does anyone out there have any intel? Thanks!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZL just responded to my question regarding the discontinued SC64w by saying, it has just been dicontinued. No upgraded new version is planned for the near future. Bummer.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZL just responded to my question regarding the discontinued SC64w by saying, it has just been dicontinued. No upgraded new version is planned for the near future. Bummer.

Wow. I have a sc63w and it's an absolutely stellar little light. Despite the lack of primary support it's become my go-to for travel and hiking.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang. Geez. I like my SC64c LE. But still. They could use a refresh?

Out of these two models I have picked SC64c LE as well. May be this is the answer. 1400lm in that small body looks like an overkill to me when the only heat sink available is your hand :)

Last edited:

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Out of these two models I have picked SC64c LE as well. May be this is the answer. 1400lm in that small body looks like an overkill to me when the only heat sink available is your hand :)

Yup. My h600fc heats up VERY quickly on the 1568 lumen setting. It's fine while being used as a headlamp as its not making contact with any skin (and still makes me giggle at how much of an area I can light up just by turning my head), but holding it in your hand gets HOT. The sc64c LE on H2 (533 lumens) seems to be the optimal high setting for me.

I guess I don't personally see the need for the sc64w when the sc64c LE and sc64w HI exist. With that being said, I get where everyone is coming from when zebralight discontinues one of their favorite models. I was furious when the sc32w was discontinued before I could grab a second one.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
When I 1st decided to get a ZL several months ago, I went on a rampage and got a couple of the 64 and 53 series.

When all was said and done the SC64w HI is what ended up being my EDC. It really does make most of my other lights inferior in utility.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the SC64w HI is the go-to if you want a nice bright EDC. But, even it can't handle max output for very long. The body is just too small to absorb much heat.

I have to wonder why Zebralight hasn't refreshed their line-up in 2 or 3 years. Weird.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I know I'm a weirdo ZL outlier but I had the SC64_ & I sold it as I prefer the straighter and thicker 600 series bodies. It carries just as well for me and I prefer it's looks over the skinnier one. And as a nice bonus it handles the highs better too with the slightly greater mass. I carry clipped in my front left pocket. For the record I EDC a SC600w IV HI at work and a SC600w IV Plus when not at work. I love them. Around the house I usually default to the SC700d...it's my desk and bedside table light

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've never found a need to run my EDC ZL on high for any long period of time. If I need that much light for a long time, I'll grab one of my others that are more up to the task.

I EDC my 64 series because of its size to output to runtime ratio. I'm not looking to EDC one of these novelty lights that can set stuff on fire, etc.

As far as new versions of models, I wouldn't mind seeing new offerings. In particular, something that can take any 18650 I have lying around. I won't mind the additional 1/4" or so required to do this.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

WebHobbit

Enlightened
I wouldn't mind seeing a more compact version of the SC700. Basically I want the same sized head as my beloved 600 series but with the 21700 cell inside for even longer runtime. I would probably dump my 600s insofar as EDC for THAT.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a follow up to my post last week, I just noticed that ZL has discontinued the SC600 Mk IV HI (my favorite outdoors light), plus they discontinued the regular SC600 Mk IV and the SC52F. I hope they don't continue getting rid of lights! I also hope they are doing ok financially!!