The Official Zebralight Thread .

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
love the dark anno, congrats!!!

ps is that a gerber back there?

The latest member of the family, a new Plus version.

bb2a44a8a1992b1d72e3c3991f09804e.jpg
f234b0dd7921da87a6e0f5c28eb5c589.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

elzilcho

Enlightened
I was thinking about an SC53, probably better to hold off until spring or summer to see how ZL's business is doing. If they're still viable for warranty repair and support then I'll consider it again but no sense buying something now that might be orphaned in the near future. The SC64 I have is nice and I wouldn't mind getting something from them that runs on a more common battery.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Wow. Just took this Plus in the backyard and compared it to the HI. The Plus definitely puts out a wall of light, illuminating everything in its path.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

NPL

Enlightened
Just received my new sc700fd. Very impressed. Beam looks fantastic, smooth, with zero tint shift. Colour rendering is very good, and not much green compared to sc600w plus. Pretty amazing range from moonlight to 3000L of high cri pure white light. This light is going to become a regular dark winter pocket carry.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
Just received my SC64w Hi. I think I got a good one, nice tint, anodizing, switch, and I love the form factor. But... I did some comparisons with a AAA light I have with a Nichia 219 emitter, and I guess I'm rethinking my priorities--colors just look so much more vivid and 3 dimensional with the higher CRI and warmer tint. I contacted Zebralight to see if I can exchange it for an SC64c LE. I'm not totally sure I'm going to do the exchange, but I probably will.

Last edited:

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
Just received my SC64w Hi. I think I got a good one, nice tint, anodizing, switch, and I love the form factor. But... I did some comparisons with a AAA light I have with a Nichia 219 emitter, and I guess I'm rethinking my priorities--colors just look so much more vivid and 3 dimensional with the higher CRI and warmer tint. I contacted Zebralight to see if I can exchange it for an SC64c LE. I'm not totally sure I'm going to do the exchange, but I probably will.

I went outside tonight and tested the light in the hay field behind my house. The amount of light that little thing puts out is pretty astonishing. It's going to be a difficult choice, because I really like having the potential for all that output even if it's at the expense of a little CRI and warm tint. But I do love high CRI. I wonder how much less output and throw I'd get with the SC64c LE.

NPL

Enlightened
I went outside tonight and tested the light in the hay field behind my house. The amount of light that little thing puts out is pretty astonishing. It's going to be a difficult choice, because I really like having the potential for all that output even if it's at the expense of a little CRI and warm tint. But I do love high CRI. I wonder how much less output and throw I'd get with the SC64c LE.
Sounds like the best solution is owning both!
:)

Ev148

Newly Enlightened
Correct you will lose probably 40-50% throw. Just a guess.

Bummer. The throw and overall pattern is just right. Tint and CRI actually pretty good, it just doesn't hold up to a side by side comparison with a Nichia emitter. Yes owning both may be the way to go, redundant as it sounds, but that would be admitting that I have an obsession. Can't do that.