The Official Zebralight Thread .

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how much longer Zebralight will be around as a company.

It looks like it has been a few years since they released any new models. This suggests a lack of money to afford to develop new models.

I can't imagine a flashlight company can continue too long that no longer produces anything new.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
here we go again...

if i only had a penny for everytime this type of post occurred.

i'd be able to buy the entire ZL line.

I wonder how much longer Zebralight will be around as a company.

It looks like it has been a few years since they released any new models. This suggests a lack of money to afford to develop new models.

I can't imagine a flashlight company can continue too long that no longer produces anything new.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
At this point in time, I personally don't need a new ZL model. The few that I have are just fine with me. I've been carrying my SC64w Hi since getting it. My needs really don't require anything else, 99% of the time.

I'd love to see them advance, but I'm not losing any sleep thinking about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

SYZYGY

Enlightened
I dropped my SC64LE last nite onto concrete from about 4.5ft, the light was on. To my surprise it survived like a champ. :D

drops like those are usually fine. however, if you drop it on the tailcap or emitter, you can dent the battery cathode due to it slamming against the light's pogo pins. once that thing gets dented in, sometimes it doesn't make good contact with the pogo pins anymore. on high modes, the output will drop after a second or so. if that's the case, try changing the battery orientation. rotate it slightly. otherwise a new battery fixes that ofc.

Last edited:

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
drops like those are usually fine. however, if you drop it on the tailcap or emitter, you can dent the battery cathode due to it slamming against the light's pogo pins. once that thing gets dented in, sometimes it doesn't make good contact with the pogo pins anymore. on high modes, the output will drop after a second or so. if that's the case, try changing the battery orientation. rotate it slightly. otherwise a new battery fixes that ofc.

Coincidentally they just got rid of the pogo pins in the SC64c LE and SC64w HI. There has been a lot of debate on Reddit about whether this is an improvement.

Zi5kVXD.jpg

SYZYGY

Enlightened
Coincidentally they just got rid of the pogo pins in the SC64c LE and SC64w HI. There has been a lot of debate on Reddit about whether this is an improvement.

actually no, that is where you put the sim card. ;)

wow. thanks for the pic.

i just bought and gave away three sc64w hi lights and didn't even notice. i wish i knew that a couple of days ago. would have checked it out for fun.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Zi5kVXD.jpg
I don't know why they just don't make the light 1/2" longer to accommodate springs and better contacts.

How nice it would be to not be locked into only certain 18650 cells.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

WebHobbit

Enlightened
My ZL 600 series lights were my EDC for years....until I discovered the Emisar D4v2 and Anduril's ramping UI. The ZLs are better in several different ways (better regulation and efficiency...maybe a tiny bit better build quality)....but the ZL UI is just absolute poop compared to the utter simplicity of Anduril (click once to turn on.....hold to ramp up stop quickly and hold again to reverse direction...click once to turn off). Yes of course Anduril has a whole slew of advanced stuff it can do and some of it is downright silly but you NEVER have to touch any of it if you don't want to. And I have NEVER ever accidentally hit the lame disco mode. I have a few times with ZL but not often. If Emisar ever put out a nice D4v2 sized light with a single emitter option and reflector it's Game Over ZL for me anyway. I wish I could get a ZL600 series light with Anduril!