The Official Zebralight Thread .

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a reasonably warm environment, on a headstrap, with a fresh battery, on full high with the SC62d, it can get hot but I do not know how hot because I have not let it do that for long. I am guessing it will taper off before significant damage is done and of course not be as hot as the XML2 versions. The second highest high will suffice for most needs and seems to be able to be used for extended time periods.

Edit: I remember now that I did run full-on for sustained periods indoors. The light got hot but not too hot to hold onto. (I was hoping to eliminate low level flickering when left on in highest high)

Last edited:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
How do y'all like the neutral tint emmiters ? I've read it's a tint lottery .

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had good luck on the SC52w-L2, but I read lots of complaints about the tint of the original version (SC52w).

XM-L2's don't have the perfectly consistent tint of a Nichia 219 across the whole beam, but if you don't expect perfection, the extra brightness and efficiency makes sense on the Zebralights.

markr6

Flashaholic

Yes, a lotto that would rival winning a $500 million Powerball! OK, not that bad. But I've had everything from greenish, yellow...as in YELLOW like an actual yellow bug bulb, one near a Nicha 219B and another almost cool white like 5000K.

My SC62w is good, but not great (a bit too yellow). My SC600w is pretty amazing and almost cool. Even though I hate cool whites, this one is great. Right around 5000K without the bluish tint so you get the best of both worlds. My SC52w is close to a Nichia 219B which is perfect.

Charles L.

Enlightened

Yes, I lost that lottery with my SC600. Won with an Armytek, lost with a Zebralight. Oh well, my eyes prefer the tint from a Nichia 219 or Luxeon anyway.

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened
My SC600 L2 is the cool white version and I like it , wanted to try a "W" for my next but I hate yellow tint . But then again the H600 is on my to get list for outdoors and I'm thinking a neutral tint will be more pleasing ..

RIX TUX

Enlightened
I have a sc52 and sc600II and then I got a sc62. I sold the sc52 I think my sc600 II will never be used again. The sc62 is like the other two rolled into one.

markr6

Flashaholic
Yes the SC62 definitely fits in your pocket better. Maybe it's just me, but I can't comfortably carry even my SC52w in jeans. And they're not tight; just basic "loose straight leg" Arizonia jeans I got a JC Penny.

Carrying a SC600? No way. I would need to be wearing something like this:

jnco.jpg

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
me too, everybody needs a thrower and zl needs to get with the program

Tough to make a thrower in a small form (unless you go with one of those nutty lenses that just paint a big picture of your LED). Since Zebralight is all about small lights, I don't think a thrower would make sense in their current lineup. They would need to start a whole new design for them.

markr6

Flashaholic
Tough to make a thrower in a small form (unless you go with one of those nutty lenses that just paint a big picture of your LED). Since Zebralight is all about small lights, I don't think a thrower would make sense in their current lineup. They would need to start a whole new design for them.

I think a big version of the SC600 would be nice. Basically, something like the Eagletac S200C2. Stretch it a bit and increase the head. No twisty head, just the usual Zebralight UI. But personally, I think I prefer the forward clicky on my S200C2. I ONLY use high mode; lower modes on a thrower don't make sense for me since I bought my thrower specifically to throw.

MBentz

Enlightened
I haven't touched any of my other lights in my EDC rotation since I purchased the SC62w. I always thought the ZL UI was a bit wonky, but in use it is actually quite good. Now my real question is 52w, d, or Fw?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't touched any of my other lights in my EDC rotation since I purchased the SC62w. I always thought the ZL UI was a bit wonky, but in use it is actually quite good. Now my real question is 52w, d, or Fw?

w, if you like neutral tints, and a higher CRI than you get with cool white
d, if you like cool tints, but want a higher CRI than you get with Cree's cool white
F, I'm not sure why you'd want a permanent diffuser on an already floody light, but I guess it's up to you

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have H502w and H52w. I am sticking with AA for now due to my obsession with discreet EDC.
Upload2_zps6e3d447d.jpg

Upload5_zps78d9a968.jpg

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ davidt1 -

I've seen all your posts with these pics.

Obsession is an understatement. You need a 30 day in house recovery center followed by a strong 12 step program. :nana:

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Where can the zebralight s6330 be found?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums