The Official Zebralight Thread .

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Anyone check out the Zebralight Spreadsheet recently. Looks like there is a new addition, SC5c MkII. I am really hoping that this has the fully customizable UI that I have been reading about in this thread. Might have to wait for the SC63c since I love the 18650s, might have smaller bezel and longer run times.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone check out the Zebralight Spreadsheet recently. Looks like there is a new addition, SC5c MkII. I am really hoping that this has the fully customizable UI that I have been reading about in this thread. Might have to wait for the SC63c since I love the 18650s, might have smaller bezel and longer run times.

Yeah that light's been there a few days. It definitely looks promising for the tint/CRI. But unless there's a major re-design it won't have a smaller bezel than the SC63w. The SC5x has never been a particularly small light. Sure its shorter than the '63, but its not thinner. If anything its head is slightly thicker - 0.9mm thicker according to Zebralight. In the hand though it feels like an even bigger difference than that, but maybe its just me.

I like the SC5x lights though. They look tough, solid. And they feel good in the hand with all that knurling. I expect I'll have to add a SC5c mk2 to my collection.

TCY

Enlightened
If the sc5c is $69 it's probably worth taking one. Too bad it's an AA light tho, make it SC63C with the 2-step Macadam ellipse and every tint snob would be happy.

markr6

Flashaholic
If the sc5c is $69 it's probably worth taking one. Too bad it's an AA light tho, make it SC63C with the 2-step Macadam ellipse and every tint snob would be happy.

That would be great! My SC63w is pretty good, but it always has me wishing for a little more. Just a little dingy looking on medium levels.

markr6

Flashaholic
Spreadsheet updated. Did we already know that the C3 was a 4x18650 with 3xXHP-70 and 9000 lumens?

The 9000lm has been there. The update may have been for the "400+" lumens on the SC5c but I could be wrong. I don't remember seeing that.

Ooh we have a "dimensions" column now.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 9000lm has been there. The update may have been for the "400+" lumens on the SC5c but I could be wrong. I don't remember seeing that.

Ooh we have a "dimensions" column now.
4.3x3x0.9 for the C3. What does the 0.9 mean?

The 400+ lumens was there on the last update. Try to keep up, or you'll never get that Q50.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those dimensions don't sound like a popcan light. The batteries must be next to each other in a line to keep the body 3"x0.9"

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those dimensions don't sound like a popcan light. The batteries must be next to each other in a line to keep the body 3"x0.9"

That doesn't work either. 3x 18650 in series would be a helluva lot longer than 4". I'm of the mind that someone has just screwed up entirely and that those numbers don't make any sense at all.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
That doesn't work either. 3x 18650 in series would be a helluva lot longer than 4". I'm of the mind that someone has just screwed up entirely and that those numbers don't make any sense at all.
Unless they were side by side. I doubt that because it would be a weird form factor with more than 2 batteries. From 11:58-12:40 I got 10 emails about an edited document. I don't know if that's each time something is edited, or each time the edits are saved.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I meant that the batteries would be side by side in a row of four. Like in a battery caddy. Seems a bit odd but the dimensions match.

roger-roger

Enlightened
smaller, brighter, higher CRI and more efficient. SC53(F)c/d, let's hope it happens. But even if it stays an SC5, with the specs stated as of now, I will give it a try. Still wondering why they do not go for a High CRI SC63c/d with XPL LED.

I've posted a couple times my inquiry a few months ago, to ZL of the possibility of an SC53. Their response at the time being negative to the SC53, with *only* a possibility of looking into adapting the SC5 tech into the SC52.

Perhaps there's not enough interest in the SC52 form factor. If there is I'd suggest those interested to communicate that interest directly with ZL. It almost seems ZL is avoiding competing with Olight & co in this category, the smaller high performance AA device, an understandable marketing strategy. I myself am not interested in the bulkier SC5.

amanichen

Enlightened
4.3x3x0.9 for the C3. What does the 0.9 mean?

The 400+ lumens was there on the last update. Try to keep up, or you'll never get that Q50.

Sounds rectangular maybe? A flat pack light with three leds side by side? If it were a cylinder only two measurements would be needed.

Connor

Enlightened
@amanichen
I figured something like that too but I imagine a "flat pack light" (with those dimensions&weight) would be really awkward to hold.

Swede74

Enlightened
Maybe it will look like a bigger, bulkier and better version of the SC5200 that never left the drawing board?

S5200_main.jpg
s5200_with_cover.jpg

Price: $59.00
Availability:
Not for Sale
Description

Estimated release date: TBD
Main Features and Specifications (Preliminary)

LED: CREE XLamp XP-E Cool White (Color Temperatures: 5700-6350 K)
Light Output:
High
Medium
Low
Weight
Dimensions
Length 3.25 inches (82.6 mm)
Height 1.24 inches (31.2 mm)
Width 0.85 inches (21.7 mm)
Battery: Two AA size alkalines, 1.5v lithium primaries, or NiMH rechargeables.
Features
Electronic soft-touch switch, with a 200,000 cycle operating life
Smart user interface provides fast and easy access to all brightness levels
Battery reverse polarity protection
Premium grade Alcoa aluminum alloy
SCHOTT ultra clear lens with anti-reflection coatings on both sides
Durable natural hard anodized finish (Type III Class I)
Waterproof

Operations

When Off
Short click turns on the light to High instantly. Click again quickly to cycle from High to Medium, and Low.
Press and hold to cycle through Low, Medium and High, release to set.

When On
Short click turns off the light.
Press and hold to cycle from Low to High, release to set. The light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
Double click at any level to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that level. All selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.

Accessories (TBD)

Silicone cover
Clip
Horizontal holster

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be awesome, a compact 2x AA flashlight.

Reminds me of my old Duracell / Mallory Hand Held Compact with Copper Top, you can see it online in the flashlight museum.

Just looked it up and its a 4x 18650? I guess we will wait and see for more updates.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
@amanichen
I figured something like that too but I imagine a "flat pack light" (with those dimensions&weight) would be really awkward to hold.
Fenix LD50-ish but with 4 cells sideways? Never would have figured, but I guess it could be possible.