The Official Zebralight Thread .

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only thing I see is like a very slow pulse, not sure if it's the camera recording or what

The SC65 will step down after so long being on H1 and then will stay at a slightly lower output for a very long time

How hot is hot to you? Hot that you cannot touch it or just very warm? It's normal for the light to get very warm because that means it's doing its job at dissipating the heat

Also, don't use the "no name" batteries in your Zebralights, for any lights actually. Zebra is very strict on their batteries plus those no names could potentially cause issues or damage

Last edited:

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
I noticed Zebralight put out specs on the SC700d HI:
  • LED: Cree XHP70.3 HI Neutral White LED
    • Nominal CCT: 5000K
    • CRI: 90+
    • Tint deviation: 3-step
  • User Selectable Levels: 3 main levels (High, Medium and Low). Each main level can be programmed to one of its two sub-levels. The second sub-level of the each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels.
  • Light Output (runtimes, with a 5000mAh battery)
    • High: H1 2600 Lm (PID, 2.0 hrs) or H2 1360 Lm (PID, 2.1 hrs)/900 Lm (PID, 2.4 hrs)/550 Lm (4.1 hrs)
    • Medium: M1 180 Lm (13.5 hrs) or M2 48 Lm (2.1 days)/24 Lm (days)/11 Lm (days)
    • Low: L1 2.0 Lm (days) or L2 0.24 Lm (month)/0.08 Lm (months)/0.03 Lm (months)
    • Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
=====
I've had the problem with fast double-clicks not working, but otherwise have been very happy with mine. Seems very bright and much throwier than the original SC700d. Tint is great (though I'm not super picky about that).

Booyakasha

Newly Enlightened
I saw that reddit post. Hopefully, I'll find someone in EU with the knowledge how to fix it.

Have you tried contacting Zebralight regarding the fast stepdown?

Edit: I see your in EU so that could be a problem with warranty/shipping

I did. They provided me with RMA number in China, but I have to think about, since postage and customs declaration costs 40 eur.

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for some feedback from SC700d HI owners who have had issues with the light turning off unexpectedly. I'm trying to separate two issues here.

One seems to be in firmware, where any SC700d HI or newer SC65c HI can be turned off at any time by a fast enough double click, which long-term Zebralight owners may run into while doing things like programming that require a lot of double clicks.

The other is when the light turns off after specific actions in specific UI states; in particular, double clicking between H1 and H2 or M1 and M2, scrolling to M or H and releasing the switch (but strangely not double clicking to M from off?), and sometimes single clicking to H. These are all in the regular G5 mode group, but probably apply to equivalent outputs in G6 and G7. It's essentially behaving as if it registered an extra click, sometimes with a bit of a delay. The issue may be exacerbated by the driver being hot, and the frequency of occurrence varies wildly.

I've seen several mentions of SC700d HIs unexpectedly turning off. I thought it was people getting used to the double click timing thing, but now I'm wondering if it was actually the second issue. I'd be interested to heard some updated experiences now people have had their lights for some time.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for some feedback from SC700d HI owners who have had issues with the light turning off unexpectedly. I'm trying to separate two issues here.

One seems to be in firmware, where any SC700d HI or newer SC65c HI can be turned off at any time by a fast enough double click, which long-term Zebralight owners may run into while doing things like programming that require a lot of double clicks.

The other is when the light turns off after specific actions in specific UI states; in particular, double clicking between H1 and H2 or M1 and M2, scrolling to M or H and releasing the switch (but strangely not double clicking to M from off?), and sometimes single clicking to H. These are all in the regular G5 mode group, but probably apply to equivalent outputs in G6 and G7. It's essentially behaving as if it registered an extra click, sometimes with a bit of a delay. The issue may be exacerbated by the driver being hot, and the frequency of occurrence varies wildly.

I've seen several mentions of SC700d HIs unexpectedly turning off. I thought it was people getting used to the double click timing thing, but now I'm wondering if it was actually the second issue. I'd be interested to heard some updated experiences now people have had their lights for some time.

I can't help, but the old song title comes to mind:

"Welcome To My Nightmare"

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

If it's prevalent in G5 mostly, I don't expect it would be noticed much. I'd like to think that well over 90% of ZL users don't use G5, knowing the flexibility that G6 and G7 bring.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my SC65c HI in Sep 2023 and it's always in G6. I have not noticed any weird behavior when programming or when using. But I am not a power user. I have not programmed G7.
Main complaint is that my SC65c button is softer and less "clicky" than the several Zebralights I've owned, which gives less feedback :(, but it works OK.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's prevalent in G5 mostly, I don't expect it would be noticed much. I'd like to think that well over 90% of ZL users don't use G5
that is not how I understand what McBob wrote:
These are all in the regular G5 mode group, but probably apply to equivalent outputs in G6 and G7
iow, any problem in G5 probably applies to G6 and G7 also

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far no noticable issues in my 53ns, 65s, or the SC700HI that just arrived. I imagine the 65s are the missing-components version but that seems to only be significant at H1*, which I hardly use. No premature step-down or flickering. No double-click or mode-sequencing shutoffs - yet.

"I'd like to think that well over 90% of ZL users don't use G5"?
Really? I was all about playing around with the other setups but now? I just can't be bothered. G5 is fine. Also, it doesn't help that I have over a dozen ZLs, at least four in regular use at any time, and, since I don't write it down, no idea HOW I configured the other groups after a month or so. On the 53s I think it was G7=low modes in order and G6=M1 or M2 for high, and one step down from there. "Alkaline battery" mode. But the lithium ones? Bah, never remember. And, I've been using them since the SC51 so, no, I'll keep the H,M,L mode order.

*I know there's a few percent efficiency difference on most modes, but H1 is like 20% less efficient, IIRC. I don't care about 2% on an 18650, not enough to return the lights, anyway.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
So far no noticable issues in my 53ns, 65s, or the SC700HI that just arrived. I imagine the 65s are the missing-components version but that seems to only be significant at H1*, which I hardly use. No premature step-down or flickering. No double-click or mode-sequencing shutoffs - yet.

"I'd like to think that well over 90% of ZL users don't use G5"?
Really? I was all about playing around with the other setups but now? I just can't be bothered. G5 is fine. Also, it doesn't help that I have over a dozen ZLs, at least four in regular use at any time, and, since I don't write it down, no idea HOW I configured the other groups after a month or so. On the 53s I think it was G7=low modes in order and G6=M1 or M2 for high, and one step down from there. "Alkaline battery" mode. But the lithium ones? Bah, never remember. And, I've been using them since the SC51 so, no, I'll keep the H,M,L mode order.

*I know there's a few percent efficiency difference on most modes, but H1 is like 20% less efficient, IIRC. I don't care about 2% on an 18650, not enough to return the lights, anyway.
Yeah, really. So you're in the 10%, using my unscientific analysis. Nothing wrong with that.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, really. So you're in the 10%, using my unscientific analysis. Nothing wrong with that.
Assertion, not analysis. I'd bet I'm in the majority, if you count the ZL users who _aren't_ on this forum ;) But, who knows.

Anyway, I'm happy to not have any double-click shut-off issues in G5 on any of the three new flashlight models (53n,65hi,700hi) that I bought.

Last edited:

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Assertion, not analysis. I'd bet I'm in the majority, if you count the ZL users who _aren't_ on this forum ;) But, who knows.

Anyway, I'm happy to not have any double-click shut-off issues in G5 on any of the three new flashlight models (53n,65hi,700hi) that I bought.
I have no double click issues with two SC65c HI and one SC53c N.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
your opinion... you're entitled to that.
I'll sleep better now.

FYI, my comment was based less on opinion, but rather far more a matter of perspective, and I can assure you mine is different from yours. Both are subjective, but in this case are distinctly different things.

My comment was also addressing the difficulty of the task of analysis of the reported issues, and not the product(s) overall, and any inference to the contrary is false.

My comment was also not a general post, but rather a direct 'reply' to a specific post.

Are you speaking for Bob?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

Agreed..... With pleasure of not having the issue. It sucks for those that do. I don't really use my ZL collection, with the exception of my SC64 Hi, which I EDC.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll sleep better now.

FYI, my comment was based less on opinion, but rather far more a matter of perspective, and I can assure you mine is different from yours. Both are subjective, but in this case are distinctly different things.

My comment was also addressing the difficulty of the task of analysis of the reported issues, and not the product(s) overall, and any inference to the contrary is false.

My comment was also not a general post, but rather a direct 'reply' to a specific post.

Are you speaking for Bob?
good

ok

ok

ok

nope...

dacien

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I bought a Zebra light headlamp 8 years ago on recommendations from this forum, and it was the best headlamp I ever owned. Sadly, it fell out of my vest at work and somebody else has a Zebra light now.

What's the best version now? They have a bunch of different models, what's the model everybody recommends today?

Thanks!