The Official Zebralight Thread .

I've probably had 18+ Zebralights in my hands over the years. The threads vary. Nothing will beat my SC52w, which is silent and smooth and takes no effort. The newer ones seem a little more coarse, but I think that's just due to the pressure on the springs/pins; a much tighter fit.

I only have One Zebralight. An SC62. It has the smoothest threads of any light I have ever had. I have not lubed it for about 8 months. It does not need it. It is smooth as butter and silk!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have One Zebralight. An SC62. It has the smoothest threads of any light I have ever had. I have not lubed it for about 8 months. It does not need it. It is smooth as butter and silk!
Lubricants minimize thead and o-ring wear as well as helps maintain waterproofness. They should still always be used and maintained no matter how smooth threads are.

Tredd

Newly Enlightened
I just received my H600Fc MKiV and noticed that my light has condensation(?) built up behind the frosted lens. I have searched about this issue and haven't found much about it, other than it can be some sort of anti-glare coating?. Is this something common?
IMG_2044.jpg

Kivatch

Newly Enlightened
I just received my H600Fc MKiV and noticed that my light has condensation(?) built up behind the frosted lens. I have searched about this issue and haven't found much about it, other than it can be some sort of anti-glare coating?. Is this something common?

Does it happens after the light has been on a high output ? Condensation can form behind the optics if there is moisture or moist air inside the flashlight and if it suddenly cools down.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it happens after the light has been on a high output ? Condensation can form behind the optics if there is moisture or moist air inside the flashlight and if it suddenly cools down.

Yeah, I've had this happen on some lights. It's usually because there is humidity trapped in the light, probably during manufacturing in humid climates. Open it up, and let all the parts dry for a couple of days. Preferably somewhere warm and dry, like a sunny window. On all my lights, it eventually went away by itself, even if I didn't try to dry them out intentionally.

Tredd

Newly Enlightened

Even after hours of it off, the mark remains. I've left the light on high for a few minutes and it seems to remain the same; the "condensation" does not evaporate with heat.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even after hours of it off, the mark remains. I've left the light on high for a few minutes and it seems to remain the same; the "condensation" does not evaporate with heat.

Are you sure it's water condensation, and not some kind of oil residue?

Lubricants minimize thead and o-ring wear as well as helps maintain waterproofness. They should still always be used and maintained no matter how smooth threads are.
OK,Thanks.

I may be new on here, however I have been at this hobby for 7 years.

I use NO-OX-ID for many things. Lubing the threads is one of them. The stuff works great and usually lasts about 1 year b/4 I need to apply it again.:thumbsup:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I think the mods did the right thing. His post was way out of line and broke several rules. Maybe if he would have stayed calm and worded it better instead of flying off the handle like an angry child it would have been ok.

I will also say I find it weird/unlikely that he got so many lights with problems when almost nobody else has(I have read 2 reports and I follow all of the light forums regularly) in the several thousands of lights sold. Also, the fact that ZL tested his lights several times and couldn't find anything wrong suggests to me the issue might not be with the lights and maybe with how he uses them or another variable.

I have had 4 of the new lights(I sold one of them after about a month of use) and none of them have any glitches that I have found.

Tachead, I've seen prior comments from you before. You seem like a cool guy, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. In your comment above though, you are coming across as a know-it-all and oddly offended that someone dare speak poorly of your beloved lights. You should refrain from that behavior here. My first post regarding my recent bad experience (4 defective Zebralights in a row) was the truth but broke some rules I was unaware of - my bad. I rewrote the post (see below) WITH VIDEOS OF THE DEFECTS. It's funny how several, including you, just assumed automatically that I was either wrong or lying (lying is what you implied by the way.) I simply wanted to report the truth about a problem I have now seen in 4 lights in a row. IS THIS FORUM (which I have loved for years) ABOUT REPORTING THE TRUTH OR SHOULD WE ALL JUST HIDE IN THE CORNER WHEN OUR PRECIOUS LIGHTS MALFUNCTION?

This thread details my 4 defective Zebralights including videos:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...GHT-REVIEW-%96-2-Malfunctions-in-all-4-lights

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tachead, I've seen prior comments from you before. You seem like a cool guy, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. In your comment above though, you are coming across as a know-it-all and oddly offended that someone dare speak poorly of your beloved lights. You should refrain from that behavior here. My first post regarding my recent bad experience (4 defective Zebralights in a row) was the truth but broke some rules I was unaware of - my bad. I rewrote the post (see below) WITH VIDEOS OF THE DEFECTS. It's funny how several, including you, just assumed automatically that I was either wrong or lying (lying is what you implied by the way.) I simply wanted to report the truth about a problem I have now seen in 4 lights in a row. IS THIS FORUM (which I have loved for years) ABOUT REPORTING THE TRUTH OR SHOULD WE ALL JUST HIDE IN THE CORNER WHEN OUR PRECIOUS LIGHTS MALFUNCTION?

This thread details my 4 defective Zebralights including videos:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...GHT-REVIEW-%96-2-Malfunctions-in-all-4-lights

I am sorry if I offended you but, your first thread was a way out of hand imo and just rubbed me the wrong way quite frankly. Your new thread is much better and appreciated. I was not trying to imply you were lying by the way. I was more thinking it was user error but, now I see that is likely not the case and you apparently just have very bad luck. You have to understand it seemed odd that you were having so many issues when almost no one else on any forum was. Anyway, this forum is definitely about reporting the truth and I appreciate your contribution:thumbsup:.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry if I offended you but, your first thread was a way out of hand imo and just rubbed me the wrong way quite frankly. Your new thread is much better and appreciated. I was not trying to imply you were lying by the way. I was more thinking it was user error but, now I see that is likely not the case and you apparently just have very bad luck. You have to understand it seemed odd that you were having so many issues when almost no one else on any forum was. Anyway, this forum is definitely about reporting the truth and I appreciate your contribution:thumbsup:.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply Tachead. As suspected, you are truly a cool guy.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the thoughtful reply Tachead. As suspected, you are truly a cool guy.

Thank you and I am sorry again I was a little harsh.

Oh, I forgot to mention... good luck with your problem lights. I am sorry you are having so many issues and I hope you get them sorted quickly. Keep us updated please:thumbsup:.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you and I am sorry again I was a little harsh.

Oh, I forgot to mention... good luck with your problem lights. I am sorry you are having so many issues and I hope you get them sorted quickly. Keep us updated please:thumbsup:.

+1. I was a little skeptical as well and am sorry for coming off a bit prideful /assuming. Good luck Outdoorsman. :poke:

Flint Hills

Newly Enlightened
I need some help from the experts, please!

I'm on my second SC5c MK II. The first one would not hit H1 on Energizer Ultimate Lithium but would function normally on Eneloop Pro or plain old alkaline. I contacted Zebralight and they said it was not normal, to return it. I returned it and have received my replacement but it does the exact same thing. I've tried contacting them again with no response.

These are brand new lithiums that function perfectly in my SC52w L2. When battery checking with the SC52 they give 4 flashes indicating a full charge but the same battery in the SC5 mkii only shows 2 flashes. I prefer the lithium because of weight and with my use, they last months. The Eneloop Pro in this SC5 is dead after a week. I'm not very familiar with Eneloop but that seems very short.

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal or if I've had very bad luck in receiving two units in a row that are defective in the same way?

radsaq

Newly Enlightened
I need some help from the experts, please!

I'm on my second SC5c MK II. The first one would not hit H1 on Energizer Ultimate Lithium but would function normally on Eneloop Pro or plain old alkaline. I contacted Zebralight and they said it was not normal, to return it. I returned it and have received my replacement but it does the exact same thing. I've tried contacting them again with no response.

These are brand new lithiums that function perfectly in my SC52w L2. When battery checking with the SC52 they give 4 flashes indicating a full charge but the same battery in the SC5 mkii only shows 2 flashes. I prefer the lithium because of weight and with my use, they last months. The Eneloop Pro in this SC5 is dead after a week. I'm not very familiar with Eneloop but that seems very short.

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal or if I've had very bad luck in receiving two units in a row that are defective in the same way?

I haven't tried lithium primaries in the SC5xx lights, but with somewhat old eneloop pros I rarely see more than 2 flashes from the battery check in the SC5c II and SC53c. Many of them also can't keep up with H1 on the SC5c II even when freshly-charged, as it's simply asking for a lot of current from the poor little batteries. ;) (For this reason, I kinda think the SC53x lights just make a lot more sense even though the specs aren't as impressive as the SC5x II.)

That being said, I would be surprised if a fresh lithium AA couldn't achieve H1 for any length of time. And eneloop pros have higher self-discharge than regular eneloops, but they shouldn't die that fast.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My custom titanium deep carry clips just came in for my SC64w&c. They turned out pretty nice. One is black powder coated 6Al-4V titanium with a CNC engraved Punisher Skull symbol that I sent the maker and the other is stone washed 6Al-4V titanium. Here they are...

LbjSiKo.jpg

wP0me22.jpg

I83G5jo.jpg

R2D6Evk.jpg

73MDMUi.jpg

Last edited: