The Official Zebralight Thread .

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they've said anything official about the Eco line except what is on the product comparison spreadsheet on their website.

Basically, it looks like there will be AA, CR123A, and 18650 models each in a flashlight and headlamp version. The AA headlamp will be $39.90, and the rest of the models aren't priced yet. The headlamp will use a total internal reflection lens (like the Olight H1), instead of a frosted lens like Zebralight normally uses to achieve a floody beam. Among other changes, the user interface will be simplified, with only 5 modes.

DMS1970

Enlightened
I don't think they've said anything official about the Eco line except what is on the product comparison spreadsheet on their website.

Basically, it looks like there will be AA, CR123A, and 18650 models each in a flashlight and headlamp version. The AA headlamp will be $39.90, and the rest of the models aren't priced yet. The headlamp will use a total internal reflection lens (like the Olight H1), instead of a frosted lens like Zebralight normally uses to achieve a floody beam. Among other changes, the user interface will be simplified, with only 5 modes.

thank you for the clarification!

markr6

Flashaholic
The new black clips are available for $3.49. Says they're for SC51, SC52, SC53, SC31, SC32, SC60, SC62, SC63. I may order one just to see if I like it. I never had a problem with the old ones, though.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I too never had a problem with the original clips, but like the look of the. Ew ones. Only 3 of my 4 Zebras getting it, the oldest Zebra takes a clip on....
Here is what they look like(original on left, new on right, in black)
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/93BE3312-6282-48EF-801E-6C6154BAC30C.jpg
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/...ghts/208E4823-C92F-4755-813C-3B38404157C1.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I know they're not real expensive, but I couldn't decide without seeing them on old models first. Well, I'm still undecided!

gunga

Flashaholic
I use the ti deep carry from USA knifemakers. Around $10.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1495506036.532411.jpg

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Zebralight clips are only $3.49 each. thanks for the tip on the $10 Ti deep carry clips, Mike...I had not seen those yet. I will say the new clips are very secure and instead of Phillips screws like their original clips, the new ones are T6 Torx.

gunga

Flashaholic
Oh. T6 torx? Way better. The Phillips were super fragile.

Note that the knife clips need a bit of work because the clip holes are too widely spaced. Otherwise they are great.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Nice looking clip, I really like that.

Yeah it sits really nice in the pocket and has a good amount of spring. Not too much where it's hard to get over your pants material. The guy I bought it from sells a much more. They are expensive but well made and not messing with fit. Even domes with the tool for the screws.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it sits really nice in the pocket and has a good amount of spring. Not too much where it's hard to get over your pants material. The guy I bought it from sells a much more. They are expensive but well made and not messing with fit. Even domes with the tool for the screws.
I find mine impossible to get over my pants materiel and so it rides so high it will fall off my pocket!

It is a great looking and solid clip but does not work for me at all it turns out.

I switched back to the standard Zebra clip and all is well again.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find mine impossible to get over my pants materiel and so it rides so high it will fall off my pocket!

It is a great looking and solid clip but does not work for me at all it turns out.

I switched back to the standard Zebra clip and all is well again.

You may want to try the new black clip out. It's superior to the old ZL clip and is much easier to "bend" to the right stiffness for pocket carry.

TCY

Enlightened
I'm here to report on ZL's anodizing quality which I found to be very impressive, although I kinda already know that.

Here's the story: my water cup is made of ceramic, with a very heavy base. Normally I would praise its sturdiness (it has little colour squares painted which can also be a nice quick CRI tester lol!), but not when I put my nice lights around it. With some water in it, the force of me putting the cup onto the table can do some serious damage to flashlights' anodizing.

Below is a quick shot of my M43, hit by the flashlight killer cup ~2 months ago:
imag270012qu5y.jpg

You can see that the cup hit so hard it chipped off a tiny bit of aluminium alloy along with the anodizing. My M43 stopped being perfect that day and I was heartbroken :(

About 10 minutes ago the flashlight killer stroke again, with similar water level and force, but this time the victim was my H53Fc, the new kid on the playground:
imag26861ljuul.jpg

Which leads to the reason I'm writing this. You can see that the damage done is so trivial compared to M43's wound, there's still a portion of anodizing intact. My level of heartbroken-ness was the same nevertheless:mecry:

My SC600Fd Plus too a couple hits on the tailcap, but with a milder force, so no visible damage whatsoever.

Latest posts