The Official Zebralight Thread .

Enlightened
In addition to the new Plus and SC64c, there are three new models on the product sheet! SC600 IV SC600w IV SC600w IV HI ps. make that FIVE (SC64 and SC64w) pps. add all the new 64/604 headlamps...can't keep up!
Nothing to succeed the SC62d. Sad!

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Thanks for the beam shots guys not sure if I will go with the sc64C as it's 4000k seems a little low on the temp. I have the SC52w right now and I really like that. I think it's 4500k. Might go for the sc64w instead. Is the extra cri worth it. You guys happy with the sc53c?

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to the new Plus and SC64c, there are three new models on the product sheet!

SC600 IV

SC600w IV

SC600w IV HI

ps. make that FIVE (SC64 and SC64w)

pps. add all the new 64/604 headlamps...can't keep up!

I own three ZLs. If the new UI allows me to get rid of the very annoying 0.6 sec timing requirement to get into LOW from OFF, then I can see a SC64 or SC64w in my future, as long as the tint is decent.

sc00ts19

Newly Enlightened
I own three ZLs. If the new UI allows me to get rid of the very annoying 0.6 sec timing requirement to get into LOW from OFF, then I can see a SC64 or SC64w in my future, as long as the tint is decent.

It absolutely will. That's how I have mine set up, single click to low. Something I dislike about the old ui is the high flash while double clicking to medium. This can be removed by setting the double click as your high settings. Really, the old ui is very good, and many like it as is. The new ui solves a lot of issues many people had by making it fully customizable. I think it was an excellent and intelligent compromise on ZL's part.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
It absolutely will. That's how I have mine set up, single click to low. Something I dislike about the old ui is the high flash while double clicking to medium. This can be removed by setting the double click as your high settings. Really, the old ui is very good, and many like it as is. The new ui solves a lot of issues many people had by making it fully customizable. I think it was an excellent and intelligent compromise on ZL's part.

I was hoping the new UI would fix someone the issues I was facing, looks like it will.

tetradog

Newly Enlightened
That's how I have mine set up, single click to low. Something I dislike about the old ui is the high flash while double clicking to medium. This can be removed by setting the double click as your high settings.

Setting single click to Low is what eliminates the double-click High flash.

Last edited:

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading the 40 page thread about the SC63 and Sc63w, and came across this post from markr6 which I think is a good description of the XHP35 tint lottery

It's not just blue vs. yellow. If you get a "yellow" tint, you got screwed. I had two SC63w lights and one was literally yellow, one was neutral. It's just the variance in LEDs from Cree. Unfortunately a lottery; are you lucky or not?

Whether you like cool or neutral is a personal preference, but there's really 4 scenarios:

Cool with bad tint: blue/purple crap
Cool with good tint: pure white with a cooler feel to it
Neutral with bad tint: yellow or green
Neutral with good tint: pure white with a warmer feel, maybe a slight pinkish or tan hue (in a good way)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Light-SC63-and-variants-like-the-SC63w/page34

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading the 40 page thread about the SC63 and Sc63w, and came across this post from markr6 which I think is a good description of the XHP35 tint lottery.
Cool with bad tint: blue/purple crap
Cool with good tint: pure white with a cooler feel to it
Neutral with bad tint: yellow or green
Neutral with good tint: pure white with a warmer feel, maybe a slight pinkish or tan hue (in a good way)
I always hear of bad green tint on neutral white lights, but I've only seen green (as well as blue and purple) on my cool white lights. Then again I've only had about 50-60 lights, a far lower sample than others here.. When my neutral lights are bad they are very yellow. A little yellow is fine, a little magenta is great, pure white is Also great. Any blue, purple, or green at all is terrible, IMO.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've yet to see a Cree domed LED in a reflector not give a greenish corona and purplish spill, no matter its color temperature (or CRI or closeness to the bbl). The HI emitters interact with the reflectors differently, so the tint difference from hotspot to spill is greatly mitigated. As a result you'll get an average color throughout the entire beam, but you're still subject to the lottery.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I always hear of bad green tint on neutral white lights, but I've only seen green (as well as blue and purple) on my cool white lights.

I forgot about this. The best example of a green neutral was my SC52w...so green it was delegated to car duty. Within a week or so it was stolen out of my car!! I honestly didn't care about that as much as my GPS, some cash and knife that was taken.

I still have my other SC52w, which is a nice neutral. It's a keeper!

TCY

Enlightened
ZL plans to release H600Fd/c MKIV and H604d/c with XHP50.2 in "a few months". It's a darn long wait period but I'll skip the flashlight version and wait.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
FYI from Zebralight sales

We'll start to take pre-orders of Mk 4 generation 18650 lights right before the end of this month.

SC series is late November

Last edited: