The Official Zebralight Thread .

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI from Zebralight sales

We'll start to take pre-orders of Mk 4 generation 18650 lights right before the end of this month.

SC series is late November
They told me the pre-order for the SC64c would open by the end of October.

Maybe they meant the H series is late November?

I guess we will see.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like ZL is going to use the very last day of October to meet thier October release deadline of the SC and MKlV lights. :thinking:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, an unpleasant incident with my SC600w HI has happened: it managed to switch on in my pocket. Have no idea how the button got depressed, but I noticed it is running high when the pocket got warm. The light was damn hot and battery depleted to 3.131V.

Nothing was damaged in the process, but kind of discouraging :(

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, an unpleasant incident with my SC600w HI has happened: it managed to switch on in my pocket. Have no idea how the button got depressed, but I noticed it is running high when the pocket got warm. The light was damn hot and battery depleted to 3.131V.

Nothing was damaged in the process, but kind of discouraging :(

Zebralight rocks. I actually had my first failure after 3+ years and 6 lights, my newest light failed, something like this probably, it was hot in my pocket, wouldn't turn on, figured I'd run out the battery. Fresh battery no good, works in other nearly identical ZL H600 light. Sent it in for warranty with a pocket clip heat shrink tubed on and received back in the mail the same light with clip and tubing, repaired and in perfect working order.
But turning on to high in the pocket is not good, that's for sure, it doesn't happen very often now that I've trained myself to be aware of the button, and the heat generally gives it away pretty quickly.
- you can always lock it out at the battery cap, but who does that when it's in their pocket? Maybe people smarter than me, I just treat it like its loaded and check it when in doubt.
I asked for but didn't receive an assessment of what went wrong, I'll just assume that the thermal protection failed on my unit, it seems to ramp down and work fine now, as do the others.

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
vadimax, I wouldn't let that discourage you. I've had my SC600 turn on in my pocket a few times over the years. Hey, it's pretty big light to be carrying in a pocket, and it's simply bound to happen occasionally. It certainly will let you know when it's on :devil:, but like you, I've never had anything serious happen, just a hot pocket, which to be honest, I usually find kind of funny.

I feel Zebralight has done an excellent job of finding that sweet spot having the switch recessed enough to not come on under most conditions, and yet still be fairly easy to activate when needed quickly.

Unless you find it happening often, I wouldn't worry about it.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
It absolutely will. That's how I have mine set up, single click to low. Something I dislike about the old ui is the high flash while double clicking to medium. This can be removed by setting the double click as your high settings. Really, the old ui is very good, and many like it as is. The new ui solves a lot of issues many people had by making it fully customizable. I think it was an excellent and intelligent compromise on ZL's part.

That sounds really neat.
I'm only up to Mk II lights, looking forward to Mk III, just as soon as they're old hat and all ironed out.

markr6

Flashaholic
I noticed they "cleaned up" the landing page...only a few flashlights displayed. Of course you can see them all by clicking the menu. But that tells me we're getting close!

Connor

Enlightened

That's actually the main reason why I didn't buy an Emisar D4: if this thing turns on in your pocket on turbo it has the potential to be a lot more than just "unpleasant". Since the button is not recessed at all it's bound to happen.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's actually the main reason why I didn't buy an Emisar D4: if this thing turns on in your pocket on turbo it has the potential to be a lot more than just "unpleasant". Since the button is not recessed at all it's bound to happen.

The D4 has both the ability to tail cap lockout as well as an electronic lockout though so, it won't happen if proper caution is used. With any high power light like these, caution should always be taken.

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
I noticed they "cleaned up" the landing page...only a few flashlights displayed. Of course you can see them all by clicking the menu. But that tells me we're getting close!

in the reseller page they have all the new models listed, can't wait!!

Connor

Enlightened
Yeah, I know .. but you know how it is, you don't always remember things like these, e.g. when you're distracted .. back in the pocket it goes without lockout enabled.
Which makes the D4 kind of unsuitable as an EDC light (for me at least). Not dissing the D4 in general, though - it's a very nice flashlight, it just needs continual attention if you don't want a hot surprise in your pants to be happening. ;-)

markr6

Flashaholic
MARK IV - THEY'RE UP FOR SALE!!!

SC600w IV HI ordered...contemplating the SC64

Nov 30 ship

Last edited: