The Official Zebralight Thread .

NPL

Enlightened
I don't think the new mk4's will be harmful as you mention, but I do think the compromise will be in runtimes and faster step downs. My guess is the MK4 will start off brighter but step down below the mk3 which will sustain more lumens longer as it's not being driven as hard. I think alot will depend on user preference. Some prefer crazy turbos, while others longer lasting highs. I like both :)

axd

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

Evrey time I navigate to zebralight.com I get a
[h=2]403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.[/h]
Does anyone know if this usual? Judging from other activity on CPF, as well as from http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/zebralight.com.html, the site seems to be normal.

I have been complaining to ZL about what I consider questionable ZL claims (see https://github.com/axd1967/502pr) and it looks like my IP adress has been blocked, because I cannot access the case number that I opened at ZL. But I can be mistaken.

thx

Glock27

Enlightened
Their site loads fine for me here. Haven't had any problem accessing it everyday.
Your isp might be on a blacklist which takes a while to clear.

G27

axd

Newly Enlightened
Their site loads fine for me here. Haven't had any problem accessing it everyday.
Your isp might be on a blacklist which takes a while to clear.

G27

Just to be sure - who would be blacklisting my ISP? ZL?

Last edited:

Glock27

Enlightened
It wouldn't be Zebralight blocking you, but their isp blocking your isp. One guy in our school district somehow managed to get our isp on a blacklist and it took over a week for it to be lifted. He got a big talking to...
Have you tried logging in to your account from another location?

G27

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
The non-Plus SC600 models are all in stock now, but SC600 Plus and SC64 models have switched to back ordered.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right got you, are they similar to these
Ri5JI9Zl.jpg

Does not sit well on the sc5c mkII, notice the angle it rests on.
3W1bHmVl.jpg

Very tight, super strong even!

I have replaced it with an older one:

AAB5_B23_F-9_D9_A-46_BF-9783-374_B4_B923057.jpg

A bit less tight and visually more attractive to me.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I have a spare bling clip Vad, somewhere in my parts bin! Might do a swap, but i only have 1 clip and 2 potential AA lights.....................:ohgeez:decisions decisions :thinking:

Glock27

Enlightened

markr6

Flashaholic
I took my SC600w IV HI backpacking and noticed when I clicked it once for high, it would turn on for about 1/2 second then turn off. When I turned it back on, it worked fine. It did this every time. Fully charged NCR18650GA.

Other modes it started and stayed on, M1 for instance.

It wasn't that cold, certainly not as cold as when I took my MK III out on other trips last winter. 28° the first night and still malfunctioning into the next day around 45°.

On a related note, my H600w worked fine, even when starting on H1. And last year, even when it was acting up in the cold (7°F), it would step down...not turn off completely. So I don't know what's going on.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took my SC600w IV HI backpacking and noticed when I clicked it once for high, it would turn on for about 1/2 second then turn off. When I turned it back on, it worked fine. It did this every time. Fully charged NCR18650GA.

Other modes it started and stayed on, M1 for instance.

It wasn't that cold, certainly not as cold as when I took my MK III out on other trips last winter. 28° the first night and still malfunctioning into the next day around 45°.

On a related note, my H600w worked fine, even when starting on H1. And last year, even when it was acting up in the cold (7°F), it would step down...not turn off completely. So I don't know what's going on.

Hey markr, my SC600w mk III HI did that exact same thing. I sent it back to ZL in May, but when I got it back it was still doing it. Because I had a few camping & backpacking trips and love the light so much, I didn’t send it back until recently. I requested they replace the light but got a msg from them last week saying they couldn’t duplicate the problem & were sending it back to me with a bunch of new batteries. I messaged them back asking them to spend more time with light until it happened and that I had 6 perfectly good batteries - it was not a battery issue. I asked them again to replace the light. I haven’t heard back yet but have always had good experiences with them. If I were you I would EXCHANGE that light.

Markr, since you recommended this light to me a year ago, it has become the greatest handheld light I’ve ever used (barring the glitch). I love it combined with my floody headlight (either H600w or H52w). The throw of it is sooooo impressive for its size. The new UI of the mk IV is AWESOME!! Love the flexibility of the new G6 & G7 modes.

On another thread I complained that my new mkIV HI was malfunctioning but I fixed it. I was hoping I wouldn’t be without it too. I just cleaned the threads and no more problems (the head wasn’t tightening down far enough, but after removing some grit on the threads it worked just fine.)

Hope you get yours worked out soon.

axd

Newly Enlightened
Only way I talk to them is through: https://zebralight.3dcartstores.com/crm.asp?action=contactus
I don't think sending emails works anymore. <[email protected]>
Please squawk about that on the contact us entry!

G27

That was the way I tried, that's how I discovered the issue: I (still) get a 403 Forbidden Access :-(

In other words, I am unable to reach out to ZL, and this is beginning to smell. (And I cannot believe my ISP is an issue, it's one of the biggest in the country.)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was the way I tried, that's how I discovered the issue: I (still) get a 403 Forbidden Access :-(

In other words, I am unable to reach out to ZL, and this is beginning to smell. (And I cannot believe my ISP is an issue, it's one of the biggest in the country.)
Maybe you should contact your ISP. None of us have any trouble contacting ZL. They are always very nice and quick to reply to me. Not sure what is going on but, there is nothing any of us can do for you.

markr6

Flashaholic
Hey markr, my SC600w mk III HI did that exact same thing. I sent it back to ZL in May, but when I got it back it was still doing it. Because I had a few camping & backpacking trips and love the light so much, I didn’t send it back until recently. I requested they replace the light but got a msg from them last week saying they couldn’t duplicate the problem & were sending it back to me with a bunch of new batteries. I messaged them back asking them to spend more time with light until it happened and that I had 6 perfectly good batteries - it was not a battery issue. I asked them again to replace the light. I haven’t heard back yet but have always had good experiences with them. If I were you I would EXCHANGE that light.

Markr, since you recommended this light to me a year ago, it has become the greatest handheld light I’ve ever used (barring the glitch). I love it combined with my floody headlight (either H600w or H52w). The throw of it is sooooo impressive for its size. The new UI of the mk IV is AWESOME!! Love the flexibility of the new G6 & G7 modes.

On another thread I complained that my new mkIV HI was malfunctioning but I fixed it. I was hoping I wouldn’t be without it too. I just cleaned the threads and no more problems (the head wasn’t tightening down far enough, but after removing some grit on the threads it worked just fine.)

Hope you get yours worked out soon.

Thanks. I'll give mine a cleaning to see what happens. It only happens in the cold, so I won't get my hopes up. I'll switch the battery too, but it's never been a problem with the MK III.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I got a shipping notice for a combined SC600w HI IV and SC64c order yesterday, so they are moving along with pre-orders. Not sure if it was actually shipped yet because the tracking still shows no data 24 hours later.