The Official Zebralight Thread .

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.

Their website is no longer secure. If I try to use https, it goes to their host 3dcartstores and says the page is no longer active. Be cautious about using Zebralight's website... something isn't right.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
- My new SC600w IV abruptly cuts off when in H1 max. It does this quite frequently as well. Sadly, I had this problem with 4 lights in a row a few years ago. I even posted videos here on CPF after being told by a few people that I was doing something wrong. The fact was that the lights were defective, and now that same defect has shown up again. Thankfully, just in this one light though.

That is a pretty common problem with Zebralight's XHP35 lights. I have two MkIV lights with the XHP35 HI emitter, and they both have the problem where they will shut off when first turning them on to H1. Luckily, it only happens in cold weather with my lights. And, they work fine in H1 on the second attempt. Lights with different emitters seems to be okay, though I don't use them as much in cold weather so I can't be sure.

Anyway, I'm convinced it's a problem with the driver that Zebralight uses with the XHP35 LED.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
I like the Olight FB-1 for a handlebar mount (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B076D84CQQ/).

It's simple and effective. I did have one break though--the collar holding the screw-head that joins two brackets together basically ripped off after a couple years. Ripped off when I was pulling the silicon to put a light on.
For the price though, I bought another one. I usually have a lanyard fixed on my FL to the bars for backup, so my ZL babies won't catastrophically fall off.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried a couple of the velcro varieties, and I don't really like them. Yes, they're easy, but they also tend to gradually slip during a ride, so you have to readjust your light at least a couple of times during a ride. Not a bit deal, I suppose, but I much prefer the hard plastic grippers. Once you fix them, they'll stay that way pretty-much forever. I can't post a link, but I got a couple of them from banggood. They look like two plastic circles on top of each other, offset by 90 degrees.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I REALLY hope I am wrong... but there do appear to be some signs of ZL "re-structuring".

It's possible that another entity has or will be buying the brand.

Either way... I think I will buy a backup SC600w IV Plus while it exists... have been waiting for an upgrade, even if only slightly better tint or CRI.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah i agree with this ^^^^^^
I also bought few models so now i'm covered with every CRI model except SC700. Just too ugly and Theunite T2 does great job also

Sent from Tapatalk

Climb14er

Enlightened
I'll jump in and say that Zebralight has served me very well for the last nine years as I regularly, every day, use their first gen SC600, 52cw and 62cw. My other lights get use but the ZL's are everyday lights that work incredibly well. Maybe I need to buy another, who knows? I do hope they stick around, survive and deliver lights like the three, none of which has ever given me a single problem. Kudos ZL.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I REALLY hope I am wrong... but there do appear to be some signs of ZL "re-structuring".

It's possible that another entity has or will be buying the brand.

Either way... I think I will buy a backup SC600w IV Plus while it exists... have been waiting for an upgrade, even if only slightly better tint or CRI.

Yeah, it's too bad they don't offer the SC600 Plus with the same XHP50.2 emitter as the H600Fc IV. It's a really nice high CRI emitter, with a warm tint. It would be a huge improvement over the regular 50.2 they use in the SC600w IV Plus.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any recommendations for bike mounts to put a Zebralight on ones helmet or handlebars?

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

The TwoFish Megablock pump holder works extremely well with the right-angle Zebralights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F307JK/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I use it on my mountain bike and it is very secure. Very easy to adjust the beam up and down by rotating the light in the holder. It's also quite low-profile being mounted parallel to the bars, making it less likely to snag on something than a perpendicularly mounted flashlight.

37yJYtE.jpg

I run a pair of H600c MKIV's for mountain biking at night - one on the bars as above and one on my helmet using a spare Zebralight rubber mount and some zip ties. This helmet mount is so light I just leave it on permanently. The wide beams from the XHP50.2 LEDs are perfect for twisty trails and looking through corners.

u2jl8lv.jpg

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned by WalkIntoTheLight, Zebrslight's website is not secure at this moment. I wouldn't want to login or place an order st this time until it becomes secure again.

Important piece of cyber security here. It doesn't matter who's the owner of the site, if the https doesn't work, don't provide the webpage with any of your info.

Or these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CJXB5E/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I like the velcro since you can really adjust it to whatever size you need and crank it down tight.

I have these too and it doesn't move at all even when on a bumpy road where it might rattle vertically.

NPL

Enlightened
The TwoFish Megablock pump holder works extremely well with the right-angle Zebralights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F307JK/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I use it on my mountain bike and it is very secure. Very easy to adjust the beam up and down by rotating the light in the holder. It's also quite low-profile being mounted parallel to the bars, making it less likely to snag on something than a perpendicularly mounted flashlight.

37yJYtE.jpg

I run a pair of H600c MKIV's for mountain biking at night - one on the bars as above and one on my helmet using a spare Zebralight rubber mount and some zip ties. This helmet mount is so light I just leave it on permanently. The wide beams from the XHP50.2 LEDs are perfect for twisty trails and looking through corners.

u2jl8lv.jpg
That's a sweet setup! I am tempted to get that headlamp. I use to have the FC and sold it as I found it a little too floody. I regret selling it now. Thanks for the Amazon link. The headlamps look much nicer on the handlebars than regular flashlights.

Last edited:

Connor

Enlightened
Anybody here own the Sc600fc mk4 plus? Feedback?

I own the SC600Fd IV Plus, it's one of my all time favourites. What you give up in range (frosted lens) you get back in the form of a perfect beam shape, there is still a centre area that's brighter but the transition is just perfect, no artifacts at all. The frosted lens also removes most of the XHP50's colour shifting.
Just a really nice light for indoors and closer range outdoor use (up to ~25 meters on max).

NPL

Enlightened
I own the SC600Fd IV Plus, it's one of my all time favourites. What you give up in range (frosted lens) you get back in the form of a perfect beam shape, there is still a centre area that's brighter but the transition is just perfect, no artifacts at all. The frosted lens also removes most of the XHP50's colour shifting.
Just a really nice light for indoors and closer range outdoor use (up to ~25 meters on max).
Thanks. I was thinking of getting the sc600fc to complement the cooler sc700fd. Sounds like a winner.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I may be interested in snagging one of these SC700d units, but not with the website being in its current state. Probably just as well, as I really don't need another light.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Streak

Enlightened
I was in touch with the folks at ZL this week after ordering an SC64. Product expected from China by the end of this month after which they will ship from their local offices.
I also mentioned this thread and said it may be an idea to come here and deal with all of the speculation.
They have been very communicative and replied to all of my questions within 24 hours.
I have carried their products since they were first launched more than 10 years ago. There is still nothing to beat their UI. There is not a day when I don't use my SC63.
I also have 100's of 18650 batteries so there is never an instance when the light does not have a charged battery in it.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell them to fix their website, and add https secure transactions back to it. Right now, I would never advise anyone to order something from it. Their website seems very amateurish, like they really don't care.

Great lights! But, they seem to be doing everything this year to make sure they go out of business.