The Official Zebralight Thread .

I would like to buy a new one ...
most sites have this model out of stock and the official website said the model was in back order.

I contacted zebralight on the website and found out that they can make one available within 2 weeks.
I was very happy with that

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
so, are they now allowing worldwide shipping?

that would be great news!!!

I would like to buy a new one ...
most sites have this model out of stock and the official website said the model was in back order.

I contacted zebralight on the website and found out that they can make one available within 2 weeks.
I was very happy with that

i'm brazilian, i live in brazil, but i have a postal address in the united states to receive orders ... :)

I was happy because I didn't think they would accept an order and it would be ready so quickly ... two weeks is a deadline that I wait with a smile on my face.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
i'm brazilian, i live in brazil, but i have a postal address in the united states to receive orders ... :)

I was happy because I didn't think they would accept an order and it would be ready so quickly ... two weeks is a deadline that I wait with a smile on my face.
Hi, Marco. I am also brazilian, and will do the same thing in order to have more zebras :D

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk

Happy to see another Brazilian here.
In the past they were more numerous and active in the CPF forum.
I also believe that many are just spying on topics ... lol

That morning zebralight answered my last question and really, the estimated time is two weeks.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Seriously? I am a member since 2010, and never noticed them. They might be passive though..... Hehe :)
Cheers

Enviado de meu MI 9 usando o Tapatalk

Great report Owen, love it man. +50

I love zebralight
In fact the user interface is excellent
After years away from the brand I turned my eyes to zebralight and decided to purchase the h53fc model (compact, light and with good autonomy te 50 lumens) and possibly the h600fc model as well

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
Stepping out of lurker mode to share my recent not great experiences with ZL.

I've got five ZebraLights and they are some of my favorite lights to EDC. I'm a first responder and don't consider them duty grade, primarily because of my experience below, but I do carry either my SC63w or SC600w Mk IV Plus as a backup light when I'm in uniform. I've been very pleased with all my ZL's as having great features, color, and tint, and regularly recommend them to friends and coworkers, which makes my recent experiences all the more frustrating.

First strike was last year when I dropped my SC600w Mk IV Plus from waist height. The light became intermittent and when I opened it up, I discovered that the top of the battery had crushed in, making the battery too short to make good connnection. So I wrote to ZL to let them know of what I consider a product flaw and expected them to at least offer a replacement battery. Their one-line response was that I could order a new battery and included a link for same. Frustration factor = 50%.

More recently, after wanting a SC700d since they were released, but not wanting to add yet another new battery model to the inventory, I finally decided to bite the bullet and ordered one two days after Christmas. Now, these lights have been listed as backordered every time I have checked their inventory ever since they were released, so I first sent a query to their CS asking what their anticipated shipping time was. Their one line response was, "in a few days."

So I ordered one along with an H502 that was on sale, expecting they would ship in a week or two. I especially expected they would when my credit card was charged immediately. So when over two weeks had gone by with nary a word, I sent another query to CS and was told they would get back to me on Monday. Of course, Monday came and went, so I enquired again on Wednesday and was told the SC700 would ship in two weeks and the H502 in three. Frustration factor = 70%.

Fast forward to two weeks later, ala today, when I'm checking my credit card and notice that they refunded my purchase LAST WEEK and did not send any kind of update. So, again to CS, asking if they will be fulfilling the order, and they respond that the order was cancelled and, "Please make another order if you would like." Frustration factor = 80%.

I have to say, at that point I did send them a rather blunt opinion of their crappy CS. Their response was that if I order today, it will be shipped later this week or early next week. Frustration factor = 90%.

Well, since I've got two boxes of 21700 batteries sitting on the table here looking for a light to power, I went ahead and placed a new order. Wish me luck, because at this point, I think that's all I've got.

Such a bummer that a light as good as the ZL's get this dismal CS support. Things that make you go, "hmm."

- GR

Luminesce

Newly Enlightened
Hi GPS Rider, based on my recent experience with ZL, I believe the model you order makes all the difference in how fast it's shipped. My 1st SC700DF shipped a day after I ordered it last month. After seeing how well I liked it, I then decided to also order the SC700D along with some other items. So far it's been 11 days w/o any shipping info. My guess is, the floody version doesn't sell as well so the one I got happened to be in stock. Or maybe, one of the other items I ordered is OS and they are waiting for everything to be in stock before shipping.

It did take ZL 5 months to repair a light for me not too many years ago, so I know turn around can be slow but this seems to be par in many businesses. A two-way radio I sent in on Dec 19 for repair, is just now is being serviced by the techs, almost 7 weeks before they got to it. Sometimes things don't work out the way we want. Hopefully ZL gets some stock in soon. I don't like paying for something and being told to wait 2 months before I can get it.

I do agree with anyone who says, the item (no matter what it is) should not be billed until the company ships it, no matter who the company is. But having worked in retail, I do know that some companies do this to bank on your money, even if it only makes them a tiny profit. "Not saying" ZL is doing this but it doesn't sit well with consumers when "any" company works in this fashion. Hope you get your light soon.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
First strike was last year when I dropped my SC600w Mk IV Plus from waist height. The light became intermittent and when I opened it up, I discovered that the top of the battery had crushed in, making the battery too short to make good connnection. So I wrote to ZL to let them know of what I consider a product flaw and expected them to at least offer a replacement battery. Their one-line response was that I could order a new battery and included a link for same. Frustration factor = 50%.

This is a potential issue with any light that doesn't have traditional springs for both cell terminals. It was far more of a problem with the original pogo pin configuration they used on the SC600w III, so they have addressed it. They don't claim the light is rated for any kind of fall, so the fact it survived with no damage beyond a dented terminal on a $6 cell seems reasonable to me.

As for the rest, it all sounds very familiar and is basically just a part of dealing with Zebralight. They have no real competition in their market niche, and their production can't keep up with demand, so unfortunately they don't have much motivation to improve their customer service. It sucks, but there's not much you can do about it other than warn others.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always add a 16mm x 1mm (ID x CS) o-ring up front when applicable. Works great with the raised positive of the GA.

img1.jpg

I have also experienced the misfortune of dented cells with ZL in the past. None since installing a bumper at the positive.

Last edited:

NPL

Enlightened
Dropping your light and denting the battery is not a product flaw, and it's unfair to expect Zebralight to give you a free battery. They use pogo pins to make the light as compact as possible.
Maybe an opportunity to improve the design, but that's as far as I would go.

Love the O-ring idea!

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used a couple of cardboard rings used for 18650 battery re-wraps. I stick them on the positive ends of the cells. It works well.

However, I no longer do it, since it can make recharging them a bit finicky on some chargers. Also, I agree this really shouldn't be necessary.

Best thing to do is just never drop your light. :rolleyes:

hIrCL09.jpg

Connor

Enlightened
To be fair all of the flat-top cells are not meant to be used "loose" by end users .. they're industry cells. They just happen to be the cheapest/shortest/most available option.

Latest posts