The Official Zebralight Thread .

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
It seems like a lot of Zebralight models are discontinued... especially concerning is the H53w/Fw... is something going to replace it?
That is weird though..... I emailed them asking if they intent to launch a new AA headlamp this year and they said they will keep with the h53c and h53fc for now. That was essential for me to decide whether to buy or not.

Last edited:

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if these limited editions will be out there only untill they come up with a replacement, and it is limited because they intend to replaced it very soon... Why call a product a LE... What makes it limited? Just wondering....

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Limited supply of emitters, when they're gone, they're gone. That happened to the HI editions, although they were not called limited.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Limited supply of emitters, when they're gone, they're gone. That happened to the HI editions, although they were not called limited.
Wow. Thanks. That also means there won't be HI anymore? I didn't know that. The sc64w hi was there for a good time though, and I simply love mine.... Hopefully they make another sc64w ou sc65 with an updated HI Led.
Cheers

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Exactly, and knowing companies as I've worked for many, they just used emitters from the SC64w LE edition when they ran out of LEDs for SC and H53 models. So no need to introduce a new 54 model, yet. Or ever.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
Considering a Limited Edition model as a replacement doesn't really make sense to me.

I hope the H54Fw is coming...
I was just thinking about why call this version LE. Compared to the previous model this one has a different LED(not the most efficient, currently), it lacks of 14500 support. And for these differences It might not be out there for long... I didn't considered that the emitter supply was limited...

Last edited:

Luminesce

Newly Enlightened
Question about the Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A 18650 Li-ion Flat Top battery that Zebralight sells. I bought two of them in 2021 for my SC600. Didn't use the light much over the next year, preferred another lighter model as my EDC at the time.

I charged the batteries about a month ago as I was now using the SC600 more often and wanted to have two fully charged batts ready to go. Both charged up to ~3400 mAh, the voltage for both batts was the same after charging and I tried them out, one works just fine but the light will not work with the other batt.

I decided to try the batts on a 18650 laser I have and both work well. What may be the cause of the light not working with one of the batts? They both are pretty much brand new, doubt if I had charged them more than twice over the course of a year. For now I'll keep the problem batt in the laser but it would be nice to find out what prevents the SC600 from working with that one batt, any ideas?

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Check the positive flat top contact, is it bent inwards? When the light is dropped it may get bent and prevent contact.

Luminesce

Newly Enlightened
Check the positive flat top contact, is it bent inwards? When the light is dropped it may get bent and prevent contact.
Yes, it was the 1st thing I looked at. I'd read the report in this thread about someone damaging their battery so I was aware of that possibility. But I've never dropped the battery or light. Measured my two batts and everything is the same length wise.

When I get some new batts I'll compare them to what I now have and see if there is even a tiny difference. For now the batt that won't work in the light will be relegated to just powering my laser pointer where it works just fine.

BTW, what other brand of battery can I use in my SC600w IV light, anyone have one that works well?

holygeez03

Enlightened
Yes, it was the 1st thing I looked at. I'd read the report in this thread about someone damaging their battery so I was aware of that possibility. But I've never dropped the battery or light. Measured my two batts and everything is the same length wise.

When I get some new batts I'll compare them to what I now have and see if there is even a tiny difference. For now the batt that won't work in the light will be relegated to just powering my laser pointer where it works just fine.

BTW, what other brand of battery can I use in my SC600w IV light, anyone have one that works well?

It's been years since I researched 18650 cells... The Sanyo cell you are using is probably the most common, but as I recall the Sony VTC6 and Samsung 30Q are great options.

A quick search shows a Sony VC7 and a Samsung 35E... I know nothing about them but I am assuming they are newer versions with higher capacity.