The Official Zebralight Thread .

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if zebralight is getting out of the 21700 battery flashlight line? The discontinued the SC700d for some reason.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Minor update on my H53c N:

Loving the tint. Feels a bit warmer compared with my other 4000K options. Reds and woods look great. Still tempted to dedome though...

Also, the new switch bezel makes it easier to find the switch, I'll take that as an upgrade.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I wonder if zebralight is getting out of the 21700 battery flashlight line? The discontinued the SC700d for some reason.
Officially, they plan to re-release the SC700d with XHP70.3 HI at some point this year. I don't have any reason to doubt that, based on various private communications and personal observations of more recently manufactured SC700Fds. I suspect the main issue is sourcing an appropriate LED.

I certainly don't think they plan to stop making 21700 lights. They actually just switched from stocking the Samsung 40T to the 50E, which seems like a somewhat underpowered choice, but points to continued SC700 production without any significant changes.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC65c HI added to spreadsheet 744pm. Removed SC64c HI

*R9: 64-67; more efficient new driver; 0.5mm shorter
0.963.621.36/2023

Owner George Yao making the changes...

IMG_7590.jpg

Last edited:

The Whispering Gallery

Newly Enlightened
Definitely going to preorder the SC65. 8 deg beam spot would be pretty nice, if it matches the SC600 XHP35 HI in a smaller form factor, although the SC600s have a wider spill.

I'm thinking of picking up an LE on sale too, as I'm worried that they won't produce anymore 3V 18650 lights, to swap in the next awesome 3V 3535 emitter when it comes out.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I'm thinking of picking up an LE on sale too, as I'm worried that they won't produce anymore 3V 18650 lights, to swap in the next awesome 3V 3535 emitter when it comes out.
That's probably a good idea. It's the first and only light they've made with that combination, and it only exists because their old policy on high CRI LED binning meant they had to use XP-L2 instead of XHP35.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
Speaking of the SC65c HI, are any other Canadians interested in getting one without having to go through Nkon or mail forwarding? I don't have a good feel for the demand.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
I should get one when it's available to ship. My past experience with Zebralight is that they'll charge my credit card immediately and they might not ship next month.

admiralburns

Newly Enlightened
Folks,
Would someone kindly explain to me how the new sc65c is likely to compare to my current favorite sc64w hi?
Thanks

Last edited:

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
Officially, they plan to re-release the SC700d with XHP70.3 HI at some point this year. I don't have any reason to doubt that, based on various private communications and personal observations of more recently manufactured SC700Fds. I suspect the main issue is sourcing an appropriate LED.

I certainly don't think they plan to stop making 21700 lights. They actually just switched from stocking the Samsung 40T to the 50E, which seems like a somewhat underpowered choice, but points to continued SC700 production without any significant changes.
The SC700Fd is such a well designed little light, glad its not being discontinued. We ordered a bunch of them for kits.