The Official Zebralight Thread .

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
200.gif

NPL

Enlightened
I don't understand why Zebralight is going to offer a budget option. The A6 states a low mode of 3 lumens... Really? Why compromise on one of the most distinguishing features of what sets them apart, to have a really low moonlight level.

On the flip side, I would love to see the integration of TIR optics over the standard reflector.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using the SC5F for the last couple of days, it has strange behavior, at 115 lumens with alkaline AA - it works for about 3-4 minutes and switches to M1/M2 mode. The batteries are fresh from Energizer Industrial, expiration date is up to 12-2030. It also works quite normally with 14500, but when it became about 0 Celsius outside, then at levels of 325 and 200 lm it works for about 1 second and about 1 minute, after which it drops the brightness to M1/M2. At 115 lm it works without problems
  • High: H1 535 Lm (3min, then 325lm, total 0.8 hr) or H2 325 Lm (0.9 hr) / 200 Lm (1.8 hrs) / 115 Lm (3.5 hrs)
  • Medium: M1 48 Lm (8.5 hrs) or M2 20 Lm (16.5 hrs) / 8 Lm (42 hrs)
  • Low: L1 3.2 Lm (4 days) or L2 1.1 Lm (16 days) / 0.3 Lm (50 days) / 0.1 Lm (4 months)
As for 14500, I assume the LVP is working, the temperature decreases the voltage and the flashlight simply stepdown, thinking that the battery is depleted

It's more interesting with alkaline ones, it never reaches the brightness with them up to the declared H1 535 lumens, with Eneloop Pro there is also no 535 lumens. Maximum - 115 lumens. With 14500 H1 works quite well, but if the ambient temperature approaches 0 C, then the brightness begins to drop.

I wonder if my flashlight is faulty or if my batteries are bad?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Zebralight SC65c Hi efficiency testing:

Mad Science!

tldnr, the next version of SC65c N should be even more efficient.

Is there another version coming or something?

All of the first batch SC65c HI had a driver defect causing them not to be very efficient. Supposedly fixed on next batch 3 weeks later but "who knows"... Not good for first batch buyers.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of the first batch SC65c HI had a driver defect causing them not to be very efficient. Supposedly fixed on next batch 3 weeks later but "who knows"... Not good for first batch buyers.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the current batch now are the updated ones?

I had purchase mine on 10/4. You think it's the updated version or you think the current models now are the updated ones?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
10/4 you should be good. Mine was first batch...

1st batch was low number of lights and took a while for second batch to ship. Problem with the driver explains that.

Honestly I wouldn't believe until they were tested again and verified though...

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
10/4 you should be good. Mine was first batch...

1st batch was low number of lights and took a while for second batch to ship. Problem with the driver explains that.

Honestly I wouldn't believe until they were tested again and verified though...

There have been three distinct batches so far. The first small shipment that showed up mid-July seems to have been from a test production run, given the driver PCBs have a different finish from later lights. The vast majority of SC65c HIs—including nearly all pre-orders—came from the second batch, before the comp fix was added. I don't know specifically when Zebralight ran out of second batch lights, but I was told recently that everything shipping now has the updated driver.

I should also note that every SC65c HI I've personally sent out has the comp fix, other than a couple initial orders that have already been dealt with.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been three distinct batches so far. The first small shipment that showed up mid-July seems to have been from a test production run, given the driver PCBs have a different finish from later lights. The vast majority of SC65c HIs—including nearly all pre-orders—came from the second batch, before the comp fix was added. I don't know specifically when Zebralight ran out of second batch lights, but I was told recently that everything shipping now has the updated driver.

I should also note that every SC65c HI I've personally sent out has the comp fix, other than a couple initial orders that have already been dealt with.

Got mine July 17th first batch with few lights delivered. Lots of lights in batch two that would have been effected (all or most pre-orders).

Bob, do you think it's a bad enough defect to ask Zebra to repair or replace the driver/light for those that pre-ordered?

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTF??? How does one know if they have the messed up ones?

Looks like if a light was delivered before Oct 17, 2023 (or so) it probably has driver design flaw effecting efficiency. Have to gather more info from guys that know what they are talking about like Bob and TheFreeman to see how bad it is (Remedy) and is it really fixed...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Looks like if a light was delivered before Oct 17, 2023 (or so) it probably has driver design flaw effecting efficiency. Have to gather more info from guys that know what they are talking about like Bob and TheFreeman to see how bad it is (Remedy) and is it really fixed...
So I'm hoping that ZL would do a direct swap 9f of the defective units, with ones that are the way they're supposed to be. No way should anyone be forced to return it for repair and have to wait.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'm hoping that ZL would do a direct swap 9f of the defective units, with ones that are the way they're supposed to be. No way should anyone be forced to return it for repair and have to wait.
I agree 100%

They also should've emailed the customers who purchased the first bad batch and let them know what's going on and in turn for an exchange or refund for the new corrected version