The Official Zebralight Thread .

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Good news, I've just got two new SC65c HI. I already had one I bought in September. I tested all for parasitic drain, the September sample measured 8.8uA and the two new ones measured 4.4uA each. The circuit did change (improved?).

Older zebras used to measure around 20uA and some as high as 40uA.

Last edited:

ohio72

Newly Enlightened
https://photos.app.goo.gl/b7CVEc4QaqbfRjkU8

Zebra collection Bottom row L to R have all been modded sc700d w/XHP70.3 6500k, sc64wHI w/XHP35
DD 5700k, SC65cHI w/719a 5000k, sc64LE w/ 519a DD 5700k, sc64LE w/219b 4500k, sc64LE w shaved sst-20, sc64LE w/519a 4500k, sc53cN w/519a 5700k, SC52w w/519a 5700k

Middle row L to R sc600w IV HI, sc600w IV Plus HI, SC62d, SC62c, sc62W, sc32W, sc52 ii,
SC5c ii LE x 2

Top row L to R h600d, h53cN, SC65c HI, Sc53CN, sc53w, sc53cN, sc31W, sc51w, sc52w

Last 2 h503c, h503r

Hope my fellow Zebra enthusiasts enjoy!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
moding makes me remember mr bulk man that dude did some crazy mods. now lights are so good its hard to improve them but man id love anduruil on my if23

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
if originally made by zebra that way...
are you afraid of LED upgrades?
Have you had a traumatic experience with a Zebra that had an LED upgrade?

What if somebody had spent the last few years putting Nichia 519a LEDs into hundreds of Zebralights, and a few years later, Zebralight copied them? Would that make either Zebra somehow not "real"?

or, what if somebody was to put UV into a Zebra:
ww99qgrjdw4c1.jpg

and a few years later Zebralight was to copy them? Would that make the original UV equipped Zebra somehow not a Zebra? If so, in what way?

Are you afraid that a Zebralight wont work, if the LED is installed in some country other than China, or by someone who is not Chinese? ;-)

Do you think that because the title of this thread has the word "Official" in it, that this thread is sponsored, supported or endorsed by Zebralight? Has the Zebralight company ever participated in this thread?

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you afraid of LED upgrades?
Have you had a traumatic experience with a Zebra that had an LED upgrade?

What if somebody had spent the last few years putting Nichia 519a LEDs into hundreds of Zebralights, and a few years later, Zebralight copied them? Would that make either Zebra somehow not "real"?

or, what if somebody was to put UV into a Zebra:
View attachment 53981
and a few years later Zebralight was to copy them? Would that make the original UV equipped Zebra somehow not a Zebra? If so, in what way?

Are you afraid that a Zebralight wont work, if the LED is installed in some country other than China, or by someone who is not Chinese? ;-)

Do you think that because the title of this thread has the word "Official" in it, that this thread is sponsored, supported or endorsed by Zebralight? Has the Zebralight company ever participated in this thread?
if... i buy a bone stock 1969 Oldsmobile 442

i expect it to be BONE STOCK, not whizzed up with some jc whitney catalog door lock stacks!!!

see, that was simple.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've had SC65 HIs available since the summer, but I was a little reluctant to sell them as-is with that driver issue. I'll have the updated version in stock in a week or two.
I'm really getting concerned about this driver issue from the earlier releases. I've not had the time to call ZL and get a response from them on how or if they'll take care of units that are impacted. Shipping then to China for repair is not an option in my opinion.

Please tell me how concerned and what's lost to an owner of one of these impacted units?

Shred

Newly Enlightened
Where are Australians buying ZebraLight torches these days?

The online store now refuses to allow shipping outside the USA. Some of the Australian online stores have a few old model ZebraLights in stock, but it's clear that they're not getting new stock. I love the user interface, but if I can't buy the lights any more, it gets hard to support the manufacturer.