The Official Zebralight Thread .

SYZYGY

Enlightened
is it possible to dump the ZL fw from their µC? i know some have 'anti dumping' rom protection, and i'm guessing ZL uses that if offered, but sometimes that can be defeated. i wonder if A6 could be upgraded to the full fw or something lol

SYZYGY

Enlightened
pour one out for my favorite flashlight.

after EDCing it (sometimes recklessly) for almost 2 years, i finally lost it at a concert in mexico yesterday.
sc64c le with 519a 3500K dedome

ZL doesn't sell sc64 anymore. sc65c hi's 6V, right? are there any interesting emitter swap options?
719A's nice, but i really loved the rosiness of my 519A dedome. maybe i could put a warmer 719A, but does R9080 exist for it?

i still have my sc64w hi (high cri swap). i could happily start using that, but i was really digging warmer and rosy.

Last edited:

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
sorry for your loss
check w Bob, he might still have some moddable LE available
I still have a reasonable supply of the SC64c LE, but I'm not sure how much longer it will last, since demand tends to vary a lot. I'm generally quite happy to mod lights that are sent to me as well.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I still have a reasonable supply of the SC64c LE, but I'm not sure how much longer it will last, since demand tends to vary a lot. I'm generally quite happy to mod lights that are sent to me as well.
I can't say that's the case with me apparently. Went back and forty with you for weeks on another platform. You kept promising me to get the shipping info sent to me and it never happened, after many messages. I just figured that you weren't interested and was satisfied with dealing in the turnkey packages that's been keeping you going for years, so I gave up reaching out.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened
I can't say that's the case with me apparently. Went back and forty with you for weeks on another platform. You kept promising me to get the shipping info sent to me and it never happened, after many messages. I just figured that you weren't interested and was satisfied with dealing in the turnkey packages that's been keeping you going for years, so I gave up reaching out.
I'm sorry we weren't able to get it sorted out. I didn't really want to discuss it publicly, but I was (and still am) recovering from catching Covid a few days before you contacted me, and I was swamped with dozens of orders and people messaging me because of a recent Reddit post. You also couldn't tell me the weight of the package I was supposed to make a shipping label for, which further complicated things.

I am doing better now and not quite as busy, and I would be happy to sort out shipping and mod your light if you're still interested. I mod many lights that are sent to me and rarely turn anyone down.

SYZYGY

Enlightened
i think modding customer lights (especially ones not in like-new condition) increases the risk of customer dissatisfaction. not a huge risk, and ZLs "only" cost ~100USD, but still.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I agree. For me personally, I'd never send anything other than a new light to someone to mod. My skills are not that great, so the few modded lights I have were done by others. It's all good. At the end of the day, we're talking lights here, not figuring out how to get to world peace.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I still love my 18650 zebra light it's the one that has crazy battery life as said before I lost it around when dad passed away looked all over for it was sad dad was gone then Christmas Day I woke up and there it was right at my feet when I got out of bed. I never use it anymore afraid to loose it. But I love it.