*THE* Ra/HDS Collection Thread

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks, I thought that I had read that somewhere but wasn't sure if that only pertained to the Ti lights or not. I really like the little 170! The beam profile and color rendering are very nice. The Ti bezel and clip (think they're Ti) are both nice additions as well.

There are various possibilities, depending on the vintage of your particular torch ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...HDS-Question&p=3959014&viewfull=1#post3959014

It is usually fairly straightforward to confirm visually, however.

I have several HDS/Ra, and I find that the 170 GDP produces the most useful beamshape for me. Unfortunately, mine is a bit cooler in tint than I'd prefer.

Congrats on that clip, too, which appears to be the uncommon and sought-after two-way wvaltakis2 clip

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
There are various possibilities, depending on the vintage of your particular torch ...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...HDS-Question&p=3959014&viewfull=1#post3959014

It is usually fairly straightforward to confirm visually, however.

I have several HDS/Ra, and I find that the 170 GDP produces the most useful beamshape for me. Unfortunately, mine is a bit cooler in tint than I'd prefer.

Congrats on that clip, too, which appears to be the uncommon and sought-after two-way wvaltakis2 clip

Thanks for this information! I'm fairly certain that this is a Golden Dragon LED just by looking at it. Also thanks for the heads up on the clip. It really is a nice addition to the light.

I looked the clip up and yes it does appear to be from wvaltakis2.

4da9d3cc8307b2b4cf1810f0bd49a3ba.jpg

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Nostalgic! Screw holes!

That combination you've got is one of the forum favorites over the years. More than one member wishes that Henry had never discontinued the screw holes and like Archimedes above, many thought the throwy 170 GDP to be one of their favorites. I carried one for a long time in the form of a Ti Clicky. Enjoy!

nbp

Flashaholic
+ a million

What I wouldn't give for a deep carry screw on clip on my HDSs now like the old days...

jdboy

Enlightened
Nostalgic! Screw holes!

That combination you've got is one of the forum favorites over the years. More than one member wishes that Henry had never discontinued the screw holes and like Archimedes above, many thought the throwy 170 GDP to be one of their favorites. I carried one for a long time in the form of a Ti Clicky. Enjoy!

+ a million

What I wouldn't give for a deep carry screw on clip on my HDSs now like the old days...

I have to say this is quickly growing as one of my favorite lights. I was very hesitant about the 170 lumen max when I first began looking at buying this one but so glad I did. The throw easily does everything I need it to do and the spill is very usable. I also can't get over how well it does with colors not being a HiCRI specific LED. The clip is also a star unto itself and I can see why they were so popular. I was using the light the other night at work and needed both my hands so I slid it up my hat bill. Worked great, this ones is a keeper. I'm with NBP, bring back the screw on clip! I think it would be the perfect clip for a Rotary!

nbp

Flashaholic
Time to update the OP, and bump this thread, it's been forever. My currrent HDS lineup. Have had two Twisties including the very cool 85Tr and and bunch of other Clickies including a Ti Clicky come through my hands but these are what I have now.

Clicky N170 w/ Prometheus clip I torch flamed

Clicky 325 NRA Blue Cerakote w/ Ti Moddoo clip

Rotary N200 Orange Cerakote

IMG_4811_zps4vwgrf56.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect timing, I just took this photo:

ms6ANuH.jpg

Henry's first model, the original Action Light that started it all and one of Henry's latest builds, a 5000k Nichia 219C Rotary.

As a bonus, the bezel serial number on the Rotary is SN 00001, from a demo unit used to secure the government contract. The other side of the bezel is engraved with the Seal Trident of the Navy Seals.

nbp

Flashaholic
Those are all aluminum lights. There were only CR123 bodies on the Ti Clickies.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

The following was from a sales thread in late last year from a fellow in Japan that got one of the 200 lumen Titanium EDC Clickies and kept it in unused condition. Sold for $995. Rumor has it that he helped Henry start his business.

""The "Legend" HDS EDC Executive Titanium, one of only three 200 lumen version that was made from OSRAM's engineering samples. 170 lm versions were 37 or 40
pcs made for sale."