The Smallest flashlight I could make...

antanthem

Newly Enlightened
Hi George, awesome build. I had a few questions that maybe you can help me with. I am new to the forum and don't have the option to message you.

mpaar

Newly Enlightened
George,

I am copying your tiny brass light (sort of). And I cannot figure out how to hook the XM-L2 LED to the brass. I have ruined two LED so far and am running out of wiring ideas. Can you help with a brief description of how you hooked your's up. My tube is 8 mm diameter and it will use #377 button batteries and end up about 16 mm long.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
mpaar

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might ask in the modding section.
The LED die usually sits on a MPCB, and you wire to that. Of course, that LED is almost the same size as the battery tube you are using. If you are soldering this right to the body, then you have continuity issues - also known as releasing the magic smoke

I am copying your tiny brass light (sort of). And I cannot figure out how to hook the XM-L2 LED to the brass. I have ruined two LED so far and am running out of wiring ideas. Can you help with a brief description of how you hooked your's up. My tube is 8 mm diameter and it will use #377 button batteries and end up about 16 mm long.
r

mpaar

Newly Enlightened
I have only let out two puffs of smoke so far.

I just ordered two 10 mm diameter mcpcb's. I figure to grind them to an 8 mm diameter to fit my brass tube, wire up the mcpcb first and then try to insert it into the 8 mm tube. And of course hook up the positive lead to the brass with insulation in all of the right spots. We shall see.

mikey