The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Also, what does this say about Surefires pricing? If these are being made at that MSRP, and SF is making a profit from them, and unless they have acquired some magic machines to make these new lights, i guess a lot of folks were correct: we are all suckers for paying the "Surefire Premium."

Since SureFire refuses to offer any type of discount on their older line of lights which are still in production, I buy those off the CPF MarketPlace. Saved a ton of money on an L1 Cree, and a 9AN with accessories. Wanted an L1 Cree for quite awhile, but the $159 price-tag was too much for me. Bought a shelf queen from CPFMP for almost half price. There are ways to save money with SF lights. I was happy. The seller was happy. Worked out great.

As for more recent models, I personally haven't been thrilled by anything actually released. Except for the M3LT. Owning an M6, I can wait until the M3LT has been out a couple of years before buying a used example of one. If I was excited, well; sometimes you pay a premium to get what you want.

That doesn't make us suckers. Folks who just want Bright & Cheap, with no regard for quality; they'll either never understand. Or, they'll eventually get fed up with their lights crapping out on them; and then they'll get why we pay so much for lights good enough to last longer than just a few months.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can't wait for these 2 models to be released. Styling is lovely to me.

What I'm fed up with is the surefire guarantee. Sent an email to them regarding a melted lens and till date, no reply. The least they could have sent was an acknowledgement email.

Seems like surefire don't give a damn about international non-contract buyers. :(

SureFire responds to emails about as well as vampires respond to sunlight.

Call them. Call them on the phone. You'll get a much better response. For international buyers, I know such a call won't be cheap. But it's worth it.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
...they'll eventually get fed up with their lights crapping out on them; and then they'll get why we pay so much for lights good enough to last longer than just a few months.

I, and I'm sure there are many others out there, don't by SF lights because of the reason stated above. Rather, I am of the belief that many - even outside of these forums - purchase something like a G2 or 6P (or one of the variations thereof) simply for the host and then dump the SF module because there are much better ones out there. This is evidenced by the huge growth in the aftermarket drop-in business, not just here, but on worldwide places like Ebay. Sure, a large number of people keep their SF's stock, but there is also a very large and growing number that don't.

I may be reaching a bit here, but I don't think that the SF people are blind to this. Truly, I would suggest that they realize they are losing market share to such aftermarket products. As such, perhaps they've decided to stop that loss so to speak by producing a light that 1) cannot be modded with a simple third party drop-in and 2) produces a higher output of light.

Mere conjecture of course, but now that there are other products that as hosts, are just as effective as a G2/6P and cost far less, it would make some monetary sense for SF to produce these new "pocket money friendly" and "unmoddable with higher output" (to the GP anyhow) light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If somebody buys a SureFire to use as a host for aftermarket drop-ins, they have still purchased a SureFire so I don't see what difference that makes to SureFire. So if anything, its in SureFire's interest to 'preserve' historic models with that legacy capability so it can continue to supply hosts.

But from what I gather, SureFire aren't concerned in the slightest about heading away from 'drop-in' capable models - the benefits achieved by taking their new approach are far more appealing - better thermal management, shorter flashlights, fewer user-accessible threads with o-ring seals, battery compartments with only one access point. These are important features for flashlights intended for the high-volume market.

From my perspective, I see these new models as SureFire wanting to make their products accessible to the wider public - and it is in this arena where the competition with other brands has been hotting up. SureFire dominates it's established markets - these new models are about gaining share in the emerging wider market.

red02

Enlightened
Besides CPFMP there are plenty of dealers that offer great discounts on their stock of SF lights, especially to CPF members. I still don't regret paying MSRP for Saint, its that good.

Surefire isn't for everyone. There are many occasional users for who the price of admission isn't worth it. Its that market SF is trying to reach with the X series, and probably taking a lose on it. Its fair to assume that they have factored in a profit margin, but since they probably get the majority of their income from appropriations bills I think the majority of that profit will come from doing business in bulk with the US gov't. The costs assosicated with production in the US are monstorus comapred to our Chinese comrades. I'm confident that SF will need to sell many lights to make up for this investment.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Was there a press release, or anything on this? SF Web site has no info yet.
The press release is shown on the first post of this thread(!)

SureFire.com doesn't usually get the new product until after SureFire Dealers have had their first bites of the new pie. It's completely normal for new products not to be on SureFire.com or if shown, not to be available so that SureFire Dealers can benefit from the 'early adopter' initial demand.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was there a press release, or anything on this? SF Web site has no info yet.

It's completely normal for new products not to be on SureFire.com or if shown, not to be available so that SureFire Dealers can benefit from the 'early adopter' initial demand.

Exactly - look at the M3LT-S, for example:

Available at authorized
SureFire dealers.
Call (800) 828-8809
for further information.

outersquare

Enlightened
heres some more stuff i saw

surefiregx2prowebbig.jpg

http://hardcoreoutdoor.com/2010/08/...ion--surefire-g2x-pro-flashlight.aspx?ref=rss

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the single-mode lights have momentary/twisty tailcaps while the two-mode lights have forward clickie and that they are Low-High, not High-Low like the E2DL. Interesting...

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the single-mode lights have momentary/twisty tailcaps while the two-mode lights have forward clickie and that they are Low-High, not High-Low like the E2DL. Interesting...

Yes the regular ones are twisties and the Pro models have the clicky. On te Pro models the high mode comes on first.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Yes the regular ones are twisties and the Pro models have the clicky. On te Pro models the high mode comes on first.

It does state in the promotional Surefire material, a Low then high interface on the Pro models.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does state in the promotional Surefire material, a Low then high interface on the Pro models.

Oh well I was too excited to see them at a show to remember which came first. Must have been the prototypes.

All I remember is they were bright, then I gandered over to the M3LT laying on the table. :devil:

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
If somebody buys a SureFire to use as a host for aftermarket drop-ins, they have still purchased a SureFire so I don't see what difference that makes to SureFire. So if anything, its in SureFire's interest to 'preserve' historic models with that legacy capability so it can continue to supply hosts.

But from what I gather, SureFire aren't concerned in the slightest about heading away from 'drop-in' capable models - the benefits achieved by taking their new approach are far more appealing - better thermal management, shorter flashlights, fewer user-accessible threads with o-ring seals, battery compartments with only one access point. These are important features for flashlights intended for the high-volume market.

From my perspective, I see these new models as SureFire wanting to make their products accessible to the wider public - and it is in this arena where the competition with other brands has been hotting up. SureFire dominates it's established markets - these new models are about gaining share in the emerging wider market.
I really hope SureFire one day takes this same concept and make an E-Series version. And no, I am not advocating they replace the E-Series, just adding it to their already extensive lineup.

Something along the lines of an E2X Pro perhaps? *shrug*

It could have the 200 lumen High/15 Lumen low modes as these other lights. As well as a reflector in the head instead of the TIR. A price tag under $100 would also be nice.. :whistle:

Raven

Enlightened
Santa Claus is coming early this year. I wonder if we'll see a one cell version?