The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Craig K

Enlightened
If you wipe the lens with a dry cloth and it is plastic it will leave fine scratches but if it is glass it will not,...Is anyone willing to wipe the lens with a dry cloth to check if it is glass?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
My unit has the GLASS window in lieu of the Lexan / plastic window.

Mine feels and sounds like glass when I tap on it , but I cant tell for sure .

So does my 6PX and G2X Pro but they are Lexan. So unless Surefire confirms it, there is no way to know for sure.

Some plastic lenses that are really thick, hard, & curved(?) feel that way, & others have such thin plastic that they're flexible & you can immediately tell. Really plasticky feeling. :sick2:

But if these are nice enough to outright trick, or even make us think twice about it being glass, that's good enough for me. Besides, it's not like I don't get scratches in glass lenses either. Just probably more with this. Good enough for me.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Tap the lens with something metal. Glass has a much higher 'tone'. This can be done without scratching the surface.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
But if these are nice enough to outright trick, or even make us think twice about it being glass, that's good enough for me. Besides, it's not like I don't get scratches in glass lenses either. Just probably more with this. Good enough for me.

I've been thinking about it and came to the same conclusion, glass is a bonus but at the very least the lens sounds solid which is also good enough for me. I've also been looking at the pics some more and I'm digging the looks, sleek and sold come to mind. I'm going to have to order one I mean it feels so strange a Surefire with the latest emitter available and the output to match just about anything in it's size, it just feels so odd but awesome at the same time. So are you guys thinking it's a U2 or T6, with 500lms (possibly Surefire lumens?) and 1.5hr runtime I was thinking U2.

Also to those that have one or tried one how is the anti-roll design working it looks like it would work well?

SunStar

Enlightened
If the FURY does have a plastic lens, then I'll take it! I don't have a 6PX here to compare but I have multiple D26 type Lexan bezels. It is nothing like these. The lens is very clear - certainly on par with the U2, M3 or any other glass offering from SF. It also is very smooth like glass and doesn't have that "canny" flat tone when tapped. I have wiped my fingerprints and pocket lint from it several times with my shirt with no ill effects. It does seem to have some thickness / heft to it - so maybe I'm just fooled. Whether or not its glass or plastic, its simply a non-issue. It is very nice - much nicer than any plastic lens that I have personally observed from SF.

Something not to discount here is that the output is 500 lumens which I would expect comes with some heat. It may be that SF has upgraded the window a bit to withstand sustained output of that 500 lumens without worry of heat deformation / distortion - whether plastic or glass. If SF maintains that the window is plastic, then it is one revised to offer the benefits of both. There may be other faults of the light but I don't think the window is going to be one of them.

As far as anti-roll... the flats on the bezel does constitute some resistance and is effective when placing the light down "statically". Compared to the current 6PD / P60 style bezels however, when purposely rolled on a slightly angled plane, the 6PD stops itself in about 8-10 rolls. The FURY keeps rolling with the same force applied on the same surface. So the "P" style bezel is more effective here.

jac2001

Newly Enlightened
A little change in direction here.... How does the beam profile compare with a 4Sevens Maelstrom X7? About the same, throwier, floodier??

Thanks in advance,

J.

SunStar

Enlightened
A few comparative pics...

DKR_2734_rsz-1.jpg

Fury_Bezel_2747_rsz-1.jpg

Fury_LED_2749_rsz-1.jpg

FuryLOTC_2765_rsz-1.jpg

FurySize_2753_rsz-1.jpg

FURYv6PD_2752_rsz-1.jpg

InnerTube_2762_rsz-1.jpg

M6Fury_2758_rsz-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky1927

Newly Enlightened
Outstanding pics, SunStar. Thank you.

The size comparison shown by your photos answered my last questions about this light.

Merry Christmas!

naked2

Enlightened
Looking at the comparison shot of the Fury and 6P, and noticing the depth of the Fury's finger grooves, one could bet there's not enough meat to bore the Fury for 18mm cells (assuming one would be willing to void one's warranty!); leaves one to wonder if SF planned it that way. :ironic:

SunStar

Enlightened
I measure the following in grip diameter.

Logo to Logo: 0.940"
Land to Land: 1.000 - 1.001"
Bezel Diameter confirmed at 1.375".

Package states:
Length of light: ~5.4"
Weight: 161 g

Great Pics!

It lists the bezel diameter as 1.375 inches. What is the length and diameter of the body?

-- Frank

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened
Here's my .02 cents....

I was comparing them to my G2X/6PXs, Malkoff M61's, Malkoff Hound Dog and Wildcats (new versions and old as well).

The Fury seems the most similar to the M61. Brighter hotspot w/ very similar spill. Difference is that it throws much further and the spill is a "stronger". Tint is white...almost a clean white like a previous poster said before.

Compared to the G2X, the Fury is just brighter spill and hotspot. No suprise there. Basically, it's like a G2X on steroids.

Compared to the Hound Dog and Wildcat, there's no comparison. I the think the Wildcat is just better overall. Wider beam angle and brighter. The Hound Dog is not really an apples to apples comparison. Throw on the Hound Dog totally smokes the Fury.

Overall, for ~$155, you can't really go wrong. I got a few for the collection. :)

K5Guy

Newly Enlightened
Wow...I get out of flashlights for a few years and come back to find a 500 lumen Surefire led for 150 bucks! Dang near mind blowing....LoL. So can anyone post a few outdoor beam shots? I have no reference for what the beam would be like on this. I have one in my shopping cart just can't quite pull the trigger yet.

Rocky1927

Newly Enlightened
That loud "click" you may have heard was me hitting the check-out button at Battery Junction on a Fury...:devil: