The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Up All Night

Enlightened
Re: Glass not all its cracked up to be in the Fury...

Something is askew JB. Fury was definitely not around in 08, even in rumour.
That would have put SureFire way, way out in front and we know that never happens.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, well, I conducted the experiment.
The flashlight with the number A00108 works perfectly on the battery Eagletac 16650 2500 mAh :)

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened

Does anyone know if SF made some Furys in the original body style (finger grooves) but w/ the newer 600 lumens output? I'd always thought that the 600s were only w/ the newer/current body. I see one on eBay for sale, and his owner's manual says 600 lumens...

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
Another happy owner of a P2X Fury here. It's been 100% reliable, and I've never had an issue with the tint. The simple 2 mode operation is great- even the wife can use it! :p I often use it camping and fishing at night, so starting on low is good. It's all I need most of the time- but the performance on high @ 600 lumens is really impressive! Great for searching and spotting. It's almost like 2 lights in one, and fits in my pocket. It's a very nice light, and even better if you can pick it up during one of Surefire's periodic 20% off sales!

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Does anyone know if SF made some Furys in the original body style (finger grooves) but w/ the newer 600 lumens output? I'd always thought that the 600s were only w/ the newer/current body. I see one on eBay for sale, and his owner's manual says 600 lumens...

Yes, I have one of the old bodied furies that is 600 lumens. It has the newer emitter and the manual said 600 lumens. My guess is that they implemented that maybe a couple months before the new body came out, just as a way to get rid of the remaining old bodies but have them with the upgraded emitter and dual springs

Another happy owner of a P2X Fury here. It's been 100% reliable, and I've never had an issue with the tint. The simple 2 mode operation is great- even the wife can use it! :p I often use it camping and fishing at night, so starting on low is good. It's all I need most of the time- but the performance on high @ 600 lumens is really impressive! Great for searching and spotting. It's almost like 2 lights in one, and fits in my pocket. It's a very nice light, and even better if you can pick it up during one of Surefire's periodic 20% off sales!

It's a fantastic flashlight! I EDC'd it for a while and absolutely love it still! The only reason I rotated it out was for the 2017 Aviator due to size. I wear jeans a lot and it was a little bit cumbersome to pocket as opposed to a 1 cell. I still carry it in my EDC backpack though! It's like a little searchlight!

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
Ah ha, good to know. I may pull the trigger on that older bodied newer emitter dual mode Fury. Thanks so much...
I have both and I think I prefer the older body! The grip on the newer one is definitely better if your hands are dry, but I love the feel on the old one!

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only point, I would add in Fury 3rd mode for 80-120 lumens.
Since sometimes 15 is small, but 500 is a bit too much.
It looks like I have to buy U2/UM2

But until this moment is still far away.
Therefore I use it :thumbsup:

bilder upload

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened

Very sharp! I would have liked to see the tail in orange as well.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump.
Ballistic Radio just posted a Shotshow pic of the new Fury DFT (dual fuel), 18650 or CR123.

Output is bumped to 1500 lumens :)

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump.
Ballistic Radio just posted a Shotshow pic of the new Fury DFT (dual fuel), 18650 or CR123.

Output is bumped to 1500 lumens :)

Thanks for the heads-up! Looking at SFs page they have a pic of the cover of the 2018 catalog. Wonder when it'll come out and give me more lights to drool over...

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

If it's the single mode momentary-only push button tailcap, the larger diameter will help in twisting the tailcap with your thumb and forefinger while in an icepick grip.

carrot

Flashaholic

It is strange to see tailcap diameter to be larger then this of a battery tube. What's the point?

I'm guessing in order to maintain the thickness of the barrel with 18650's at the o-ring junction, they had to have a wider threading and a wider tailcap.

When people used to bore older Surefire 6P, C2, etc, you'd have the occasional report of somebody snapping a light right at the o-ring junction. A little bit too thin right there, plus boring ever so slightly off-center... and there you have it.

It's the same reason why you can't put batteries into an E-series light from the tailcap... the ID is cut thicker on that side to reinforce the o-ring cut.

carrot

Flashaholic

Looking at B&H's website they list the Fury Dual Fuel Intellibeam at $199 and the Fury Dual Fuel Tactical at $179, expected in 7-14 business days.

Does anybody think that is accurate information? The non-tactical model will be Intellibeam only? Will they *really* arrive in two to three weeks?

Bogie

Enlightened

It is strange to see tailcap diameter to be larger then this of a battery tube. What's the point?

It is odd. I would have just increased body diameter so it wouldn't have that little step at the head and be the same as the tail.

carrot

Flashaholic

It is odd. I would have just increased body diameter so it wouldn't have that little step at the head and be the same as the tail.

They can't do that either, because the 1" light mount for guns is a standard they are trying to meet with this light (and many of their others).

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Man, I wish they weren't so much...guess the price will come down over time, but I'll probably just have to stick with my first gen Fury for the foreseeable future. :broke: