Those tunes that get stuck in your head

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
This was the background for an old Alka-Seltzer campaign that got stuck in my head the other day. Not sure if it was in the commercial first or as a top 40 record first, but it's catchy.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall Mission Impossible (original series) theme by Lalo Schifrin well, can still "play" some of it in my head. At one time we had all the MI music on LP.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose anyone recalls "(Aqua) Barbie Girl", came as sample track on a cheap MP3 player I picked up some time ago. Other track was Carpenters "Close to You". When I think of listening to the first one, I lie down until the feeling goes away :)

Dave

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I saw these idiots in Richmond Va when Foghat was the opening act. They were so wasted they didn't finish the show. Back then firecrackers and lighting hairspray were popular and when they left the stage we got the heck out of there fast. Folks were in rage mode.

This was a skateland fast skate song and man we got energized when this one played through those Bose 901's

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw these idiots in Richmond Va when Foghat was the opening act. They were so wasted they didn't finish the show. Back then firecrackers and lighting hairspray were popular and when they left the stage we got the heck out of there fast. Folks were in rage mode.

This was a skateland fast skate song and man we got energized when this one played through those Bose 901's

I shared an apt. (in RVA [Henrico]) with a guy in my younger days, (who I'd gone to sparky school with, and we'd then both worked at TI at the same time, and were then both working for the same company on Hull St. in SS) We used a setup of his which I think I'd recommended to him. 4x901s driven by an 1801. Those things would practically knock the sheetrock off the studs of the wall behind them. The mid-range punch was just amazing.

flashflood

Enlightened
Oh yeah, that's a definite ear worm. I never realized how synth-heavy that was until hearing it again just now. Classic stuff.

I like it when synthesizers are used unapologetically to make sounds that only they can make, as opposed to imitating horns or drums or whatever. We already have horns and drums.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Here's one I always turn up the volume for.
Smithereeens. Strangers when we meet.
Another song with a tamborine and organ.

Another one I turn up the volume for

Edit

Truth if you really think about it. We really are just taller children at times.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Here's one I heard on a radio station while heading to the beach to get a girl out of my head. It was about the girl, dammit!!!
It was one of those deals where I wanted to be friends but she wanted to be more. Her eyes cut through me like diamonds on glass and one day that was that. We busted up so I split town for a week. When I returned home she had left 49 or so messages on my answering machine but it was too late.
Anyway it's a song that does not remind of the dame, but of a time when I just needed to clear my head of a load that life had dumped onto me at a time and it led to a profound change for the better.
White Ladder is a great album by the way.