• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite CATvn V6 - 26650 Thrower Perfection R

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Vinh, or anyone one of the 3 who purchase this light, how long can it run on turbo at room temperature until step down?
One minute, 5 minutes, 10?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, with all this talk of the CATvn V6, I'm surprised I haven't heard much comparison with the U21vn/Delta. What are your thoughts Vinh?
Here is what I've read so far:

CATvn V6
XHP35 HI 6500k
Stock driver
$80
2050 lumen
190Kcd
USB charging retained.
"Light is perfection"
"Excellent beam"
Battery included

U21vn/Delta
SST40 SD 6500k
Driver VNX2
$150
Little less then 2000 lumen expected
Over 200Kcd expected
USB charging retained.
"Best performance for it's size"
"Artifact free beam" "perfect focus"
"Build quality is so so"

I just pre ordered the Catapult.:naughty: heat will be an issue for continuous max,,,I am inventing refrigerated gloves!

I have the U21vn XPL- 1600L/260Kcd. Heat NO issue whatsoever.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, great comparison pics! The V6 looks a bit smaller than I thought. I have the U21vn XPL-PDT - what a light!
Very interested in the V6 step down times!

Re: Thrunite CatapultVN V6 - 26650 Thrower Perfection R

@ V54/New Lumen or someone else who has this light. I got the STEP DOWN answer, I need your help with battery question. The Thrunite battery has a Brass BT,,,,,,,,,,,

1.Can it take IMR FT battery? Is there a raised positive contact or spring in the head?

Thanks

EDIT: I watched more of the video[12:33 mark] and it appears to be a RAISED contact. Still would appreciate verification,,,his photos are Not the clearest!

Last edited:

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi,

I have seen multiple reviews that state the light is fine with flat or button top cells

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see comparison beamshots between U21vn & Catvn V6 to compare size of hot spot. I know the U21vn is more intense, but I'm into coverage these days.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could not find a manual for this light. I watched Two reviews and the second one[link below] the guy mentioned the step down from Turbo to High is at 3 MINUTES.

It is at the 5 Min. 44 sec. mark of video.;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w00pM-2DpU

Good review here. The beam shots and comparison shots are quite helpful. Only thing I'm still wondering is how the CATvn V6 might perform compared to the Emisar D1S. I would expect the V6 is slightly brighter with a touch more throw, but I'm curious if the difference is slight or obvious. I've already read the numbers comparison.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see comparison beamshots between U21vn & Catvn V6 to compare size of hot spot. I know the U21vn is more intense, but I'm into coverage these days.

I believe you have the same version of the U21vn that I do.. XLP PDT. I expect the beam of the V6 will be superior in terms of tint (no greenish color like we often see with the dedomed emitters). As far as coverage, I expect they'll be similar, with the U21vn likely having a slightly tighter beam due to the size of the reflector. Of course that's merely an educated guess, but looking at the numbers.. (U21vn XPL PDT, 1525 lumens / 262k cd......... vs. CATvn V6 XHP35 HI 6500K, 2050 lumens / 190k cd) that tells me that this version of the U21vn would have to have the tighter beam between the two... meaning the CATvn V6 should provide greater overall coverage (but I've been wrong before :)). It's also relevant that the U21vn is approximately 100 grams heavier than the CATvn.

Personally, I want a CATvn V6 with a 4500K emitter if possible. ;)

Also he said, AFTER the mod there will Not be much of a step down.:D

I guess when he swaps the LED he must make some more beneficial adjustments.:thumbsup:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Had to increase the price $8 more as bulk prices is not as good as hoped. :)