Tiara / Tiara Pro. Multi-flashlights

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Finally I have pulled the trigger and bought Two Tiara's A1 One pro and one simple.
both of them warm's
I have bought them from different sources. One from NKON the other from HKequipment.
the problem is with the Pro version.
The tint is not warm is YELLOW.
I have tried with my photo camera to measure the Kelvins and it showed me ~3400k.
The problem of course is that with such a low temperature it changes the color of the objects.
if something is pure white then it makes it yellow, if it's yellow or red it oversaturated it.
The simple version came in about 3800k so it's very close to 4000k and of course I'm very pleased with it.
Is anyone else have such tint problem ?

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
Do heads disconnect from bodies ??
Will they Lego with PRime series ??

How hard to swap the LED ??

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Do heads disconnect from bodies ??
Will they Lego with PRime series ??

How hard to swap the LED ??

Hi! Thank you for your questions.

Yes, the heads can't be disconnected.
No, you can`t mix it with Prime series - these series have different thread.

You can`t swap the LED.

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
is there a V3 of these lights in near future ?

Can you provide me with a link to the correct Manual ?

Does the Pro have voltage indication ?

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Is there an ETA on the XP-L Version?

At this moment we have XM-L2 diode and we will produce multi-flashlights on this diode.
We can also organize the limited purchase of XP-L multi-flashlights for CPF members.
Please let us know.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this moment we have XM-L2 diode and we will produce multi-flashlights on this diode.
We can also organize the limited purchase of XP-L multi-flashlights for CPF members.
Please let us know.

That would be really nice!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Got the light. Going to take it out for tonight's night run. There was no instructions so will have to check online to work out how to use it. The description on my receipt from Illumination supply says it's V2 345 lumens NW but how would I know which version it is? Not that I don't trust the seller but there is no indication beyond that. The tint is really warm compared to my NW Fenix HL50 or ZL SC5w. It's actually kinda yellow but that's not a bad thing for me. I like variety and tend to gravitate to warmer tints. Time in the woods will show which is preferable in terms of tint.

desmobob

Enlightened
The tint is really warm compared to my NW Fenix HL50 or ZL SC5w. It's actually kinda yellow but that's not a bad thing for me. I like variety and tend to gravitate to warmer tints. Time in the woods will show which is preferable in terms of tint.

I bet you're going to love it. The warm tints really make the woods look a lot more natural at night; they bring out more of the earthy tones or something.

Take it easy,
Bob

Woods Walker

I bet you're going to love it. The warm tints really make the woods look a lot more natural at night; they bring out more of the earthy tones or something.

Take it easy,
Bob

I have tested NW, CW, Warm, Incan and various blends of the first 3 in the woods during all seasons. Find Incan with fresh batteries and then NW to be the overall best in actual field use (cosmetics and field use aren't the same) but what really matters is the gear items work as intended aka doesn't fail. Took both the HL50 and Tiara for a 5 mile night trail run. Did the first 2.5 with the tiara and second HL50. Both headlamps are good. I think the greater flood of the Tiara might be preferable when running and it had enough throw for the job. That said the HL50 is still a floody headlamp that has maybe a touch more throw. I think the Tiara pro just like my M61NL is on the warmer side of NW. More on the yellow side than white but that's ok. The ZL SC5w and HL50 are on the cooler side of NW. Overall for some reason the cooler side of NW seems to show better color rendition to my eyes however in field use the M61NL is just fine and so seems the Tiara pro. All that said I am no tint snob and will use whatever is available. Cool White can be fine as well. My favourite LED cosmetically is a warm tinted M61WL. The all time favorite tint is from a campfire. LOL!

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Got the light. Going to take it out for tonight's night run. There was no instructions so will have to check online to work out how to use it. The description on my receipt from Illumination supply says it's V2 345 lumens NW but how would I know which version it is? Not that I don't trust the seller but there is no indication beyond that. The tint is really warm compared to my NW Fenix HL50 or ZL SC5w. It's actually kinda yellow but that's not a bad thing for me. I like variety and tend to gravitate to warmer tints. Time in the woods will show which is preferable in terms of tint.

Thank you for describing your impressions!
Please send the photo of the packing box to recognise a version.

Woods Walker

Thank you for describing your impressions!
Please send the photo of the packing box to recognise a version.

I am going to do a video comparing the two (HL50 and Tiara Pro) on my Youtube channel. The box looks rather unremarkable and nothing indicates version. That said what is the differences between version 1 and 2? The lumen numbers are probably based on using different standards so are there different modes etc? Sent a photo of the box to you but not sure if that will help as it just says the name of the model. Also sent a pic of the contents. There is a Surefire type lanyard ring. I gotta put that on.

Edit. I hardly noticed there was a lanyard in the box. Seen it but didn't take it out of the plastic baggy till now. I didn't really think about using the light as a hand held. Maybe something to try as well. Might be a delicate operation to remove the light from the holder given the differences in thickness between the light loops and strap loops. I noticed in an early review the tailcap magnet housing cover was plastic. I am glad this one is all metal. Also forgot to mention I like the fact the power switch lights up and flashes green with the main modes.

Last edited:

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint is really warm compared to my NW Fenix HL50 or ZL SC5w. It's actually kinda yellow but that's not a bad thing for me. I like variety and tend to gravitate to warmer tints.
My Armytek Tiara warm has great tint as well. Much better than my 5000K Nichia 219B, and a close second to the 4500k Nichia 219B's. It's just a shame that the Tiara isn't what I expected.

Woods Walker

My Armytek Tiara warm has great tint as well. Much better than my 5000K Nichia 219B, and a close second to the 4500k Nichia 219B's. It's just a shame that the Tiara isn't what I expected.

The tint on my 1XAA Tiara pro is a touch too warm when inside but outside it was just fine and that's what counts IMHO. No actually properly working counts and so far so good. Just in from tonight's trail run.

Compared to a very CW Fenix. LD10 XP-G1 on the right and NW Armytek XP-G2 1XAA Tiara on the left. The image captured appears about the same to my eyes. It looks rather good outside within this environment though to be fair that Fenix is full alien abduction angry blue. All this said I am not really a mega tint snob.

Woods Walker

On a side note through my own discovery and help from CPF it appears I have V2 which was my general belief from the get go. However for those who are asking the same questions it seems the following might help.

1. V1 Pro doesn't have a flashing power switch.

2. V2 Pro does much like the Wizard.

Also it appears the online manual for the V2 Pro is wrong. Myself and another person couldn't get into the main LED voltage reader aka 4-1 flashes depending on power left. This replaced the counting voltage thing from V1. Now the flashing switch indicates voltage (green to red) and main LED voltage indicator no longer comes up on the 4 click special mode menu. This is just fine for me as the flashing switch did infact warn of a low battery the other night along with a few flashes of the main LED that occurred on it's own. Again seems to be working.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
I am going to do a video comparing the two (HL50 and Tiara Pro) on my Youtube channel. The box looks rather unremarkable and nothing indicates version. That said what is the differences between version 1 and 2? The lumen numbers are probably based on using different standards so are there different modes etc? Sent a photo of the box to you but not sure if that will help as it just says the name of the model. Also sent a pic of the contents. There is a Surefire type lanyard ring. I gotta put that on.

Edit. I hardly noticed there was a lanyard in the box. Seen it but didn't take it out of the plastic baggy till now. I didn't really think about using the light as a hand held. Maybe something to try as well. Might be a delicate operation to remove the light from the holder given the differences in thickness between the light loops and strap loops. I noticed in an early review the tailcap magnet housing cover was plastic. I am glad this one is all metal. Also forgot to mention I like the fact the power switch lights up and flashes green with the main modes.

Thank you for your pictures.
PM sent.