TITAN PLUS

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the titan plus use PWM for its lower levels?
I dont actually own a Plus myself but based purely on internet research and private discussions, I believe the correct answer is No

Let us know your impressions :)

Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Just bought a Titan Plus. It flickers on medium. Anyone else resolved this problem on their own without having to return it to Surefire?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

JohnSmith

Enlightened
It's not the batteries, I tried multiple, NIMH and alkaline. Looking back through this thread it looks like this is an ongoing problem. I'm not impressed with the quality of this light at all. Sending it back to Amazon as defective for a refund, I won't be replacing it.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am mostly on low and medium is something I use once in awhile. Didn't detect any form of flicker. Mine has a greenish tint on both low and medium. On high it is much whiter.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not the batteries, I tried multiple, NIMH and alkaline. Looking back through this thread it looks like this is an ongoing problem. I'm not impressed with the quality of this light at all. Sending it back to Amazon as defective for a refund, I won't be replacing it.

I had this problem. Sent it to Surefire and they sent a replacement that does not flicker. Works perfectly since I got it. That what the warranty is for.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok guys, I'm still torn between the Plus or the regular A.

For those who own both, how much "happier" are you with the Plus? I'm thinking I'll be happier with the plus but I can't imagine being disappointed with the regular A either....

I have the A, the Plus and the Sidekick. Of the those three I like the A the best, although the others have merits. I also include the Olight S1 Baton below since it's also very small and light, albeit larger diameter due to the CR123A. The MecArmy SGN3 has a similar form factor to the Sidekick but is smaller.

Titan A pros: very small and light, outputs full power on a lithium AAA, simple reliable two-stage UI, good general-purpose beam pattern
Titan A cons: none

Titan Plus pros: 300 lumens but for short period, very smooth threads, beam pattern very slightly smoother than Titan A, nice quality feel
Titan Plus cons: Laggy UI, much heavier than Titan A (see below for measured weights), requires Eneloop Pro for full output

Sidekick pros: Very bright and lightweight, no micro-USB cover to lose, stiff switch prevents accidental activation, simple intuitive UI, good brightness spacing on three levels
Sidekick cons: PWM very pronounced on low, charge light blinks very brightly, a little large vs competing MecArmy SGN3

Olight S1 Baton pros: Very bright (500 lumens), very intuitive UI, lightweight, strobe mode stays out of the way, memory for last output level, very low 0.5 lumen moonlight mode
Olight S1 Baton cons: Side-mounted switch can be harder to locate by touch

MecArmy SGN3 pros: Very small and light, decent output, separate UV and red LEDs
MecArmy SGN3 cons: No output level memory, unavoidable red flashing mode when using red LED

Measured weights on gram scale of various small lights:

Arc AAA-P, Fenix E05 (lithium AAA): 16g
Surefire Titan A (lithium AAA): 22g
Surefire Titan A (Eneloop Pro): 26g
MecArmy SGN3: 30g
Surefire Sidekick: 34g
Olight S1 Baton (CR123A): 44g
Surefire Titan+ (Eneloop Pro): 56g

ttylamg

Newly Enlightened
anyone came up with a twist clickable mod yet? I would like the light to turned on and off via twist but stops at a click. This may prevent unintentional twisting, plus I think it just feels nicer with a twist click rather than some continuous insecure feeling twist... thoughts?

Just got this light, and it met my expectation on the 300 lumen ;)

I tried looking at how the light can penetrate my hand, man, that was dumb... it started getting hot and almost burned me. LOL. I am happy with the purchase thus far minus the twist on/off.

yerevan

Newly Enlightened
hey guys I want to buy one of these as an upgrade to my itp a3 96 lumen light. Will this throw further then that?

TOPDOG9000

Newly Enlightened
Loving the Titan Plus so far. Surefires are durable and this one is no exception even with the small size. I used to carry a micro stream every day and this light is actually a little smaller than that one. Its heavier than the microstream but much brighter. I like having the three different modes and typically use low for not disturbing others, and med is great for most everything else. And when I need the extra power high mode is very bright! It amazes me everytime I use it, Ive never seen a light so small so bright. Im also not as experienced in the many models as others here. Its definetly more of a flood than thrower but it works well formthe size, it will light up any room or my backyard, just not a bright spot from far away. I use AAA eneloop pros or sometimes Energizer lithium, it will run on regular alkalines to but I dont use those. Nice to run on a common battery. This little light just caused the flashaholic addiction that I see so many here have. I used daily a Streamlight Stinger and always had the microstream on my sleeve. Since ordering this light a couple weeks ago I have been reading the forum and bought a Streamlight Protac HL3, Surefire E2D Defender Ultra, and Fenix PD25. I think I have plenty now and already looking to the next. Thanks a lot Candlepower the wife thinks Im nuts.

Last edited:

yerevan

Newly Enlightened
Right on thank you for the responses. The e2d defender ultra is a really nice light I have been using it since its release and have no complaints on it.