Titaner Ti pen mini-review with photos

choombak

Enlightened
I have been looking around a lot many pens, but almost all look aggressive, no matter what their claims are. While searching, I came across the Titaner brand, and they had the perfect pen I wanted - very normal looking, but tough to boot. Made entirely of titanium alloy (TC4), this is a lovely pen, and will ride in my pocket hopefully for quiet sometime now. What follows is a two week usability report, and I intend to update it as I use the pen.

The pen looks like a pen. The clip is robust and clips securely. The cap fits firmly on the body, and it takes some effort to pull it apart (I hope this will soften with usage). It is press-fit type, and there is no threading. The cap also does not attach to the body when writing due to the difference in diameters. The machining is top-notch, and the threads turn very smooth with no grittiness at all. The barrel is thick, and the entire pen weighs about 35 grams/1.23 oz (without the parker roller-ball refill), and is about 5 inches long. At the base there is a glass-breaker/attack point, but I am yet to use it for either purpose (and I doubt if I'll use it ever). It unscrews, and the threads here are very nicely machined as well. The pen comes in a velvet cover, and a parker fine-point roller ball refill.

Titaner was very quick at communication, and I received the pen within a week via DHL. :thumbsup:

Now for some eye candy...
ti_pen.jpg

ti_parts.jpg

ti_cap.jpg

Business end. Notice it sits flush with the barrel
ti_business.jpg

Barrel thickness
ti_barrel.jpg

Size comparison
ti_relative.jpg

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice.
Someone should setup a group buy on these, they are half price if you order 10 or more.
I know I would get one if they take a Parker gell refill.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very tight, and takes a reasonable amount of effort to pull it apart (my 5 yr old could not). I guess it will loosen a bit over time.

Cool, that's what I hope for. :thumbsup:

JohnnyDeep

Newly Enlightened
Very nice.
Someone should setup a group buy on these, they are half price if you order 10 or more.
I know I would get one if they take a Parker gell refill.

They easily take standard Parker style ballpoint refills incl. gel and all brands of Parker style refills.
I use Schmidt Super Bowl gel and Easy Folw 9000 in mine.
You need 3 little things:
1. A thin plastic tube on the refill tip.
2. Ballpoint pen spring.
3. Spacer behind the ballpoint refill