• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight

ven

Flashaholic
How awesome is driverVNX2..........how easy is it to program...........

8 Quick presses from on, light blinks,then 11 presses for mode 11,1st time,no faffing......awesome:thumbsup:

More than impressed!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
How awesome is driverVNX2..........how easy is it to program...........

8 Quick presses from on, light blinks,then 11 presses for mode 11,1st time,no faffing......awesome:thumbsup:

More than impressed!

DriverVNX2 is impressive. Group 11 is my favorite also.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Anyone who bought a Tk75vnQ or TK75vnQ70 with flickering or mode sinking issues send me an email. I got a new DriverVNX2 that will fix all the issues and work flawless!

TK75vn77 also applies

Please help me cover shipping

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used the phrase, "wall of light" to describe Vinh's lights, for example my MM18vn. However, after looking at all the beamshots & video reviews by the community here, I think the phrase, "world of light" is more descriptive of the TK75vnQ70.
I think people south of Vinh in Oregon probably think the Aurora Borealis is active when Vinh is testing the TK75vnQ70.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
I've used the phrase, "wall of light" to describe Vinh's lights, for example my MM18vn. However, after looking at all the beamshots & video reviews by the community here, I think the phrase, "world of light" is more descriptive of the TK75vnQ70.
I think people south of Vinh in Oregon probably think the Aurora Borealis is active when Vinh is testing the TK75vnQ70.

LOL I love it. I got mine a few weeks ago. And I like showing people the low mode first, cause they are like, wow that's pretty cool. Then sometimes I just jump right to 100% and they are like WTF! There is a lake outside my house where I like to test these lights. This one floods the entire one side of the lake and I can literally see what is across the lake when its completely dark out. Its probably about 150 yards and I can clearly see the bank on the other side almost like its day time. AMAZING!

I'm curious to see what it is like to be on the receiving end of this light on the other side, haha!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I love it. I got mine a few weeks ago. And I like showing people the low mode first, cause they are like, wow that's pretty cool. Then sometimes I just jump right to 100% and they are like WTF! There is a lake outside my house where I like to test these lights. This one floods the entire one side of the lake and I can literally see what is across the lake when its completely dark out. Its probably about 150 yards and I can clearly see the bank on the other side almost like its day time. AMAZING!

I'm curious to see what it is like to be on the receiving end of this light on the other side, haha!

I was curious also what's it like on the receiving end of one Vinh's monster lights at moderate distance. In this case my daughter went about 60 meters away around the side of the quarry I walk and aimed my TK75vn KT at me. Even at that distance it was a very bright point of light that I had to avert my eyes. A few weeks ago, just before my surgery, my youngest daughter and I were walking the quarry and was maybe 120 meters from the parking lot and I saw movement near my car. I aimed my X60vn Fiat Lux and my daughter aimed the TK75vn KT Fiat Lux both on high and saw someone. A moment later, were flashed by the person with a semi bright light. I assumed it was a friend whom I had sold my K40Mvn to. We walk to the parking lot and are surprised to see a police car near mine with an officer standing beside it. We approached and I apologized and explained what happened. He laughed and asked "What in the hell kinda lights you have that are that bright?" I showed him and compared my X60vn to his patrol car's spotlight. No chance it was close. He asked a couple of questions about the light and then left. Lesson learned to be careful where I aim even at a distance.

gofastman

Enlightened
Question for you Vinh, could one of the buttons on the xhp70 model be set up to control just 1 driver/led? Even on 1% this thing is dang bright! It'd be nice to be able to turn just 1 led on at 1% for a more dedicated moonlight mode.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question for you Vinh, could one of the buttons on the xhp70 model be set up to control just 1 driver/led? Even on 1% this thing is dang bright! It'd be nice to be able to turn just 1 led on at 1% for a more dedicated moonlight mode.

Wow that's a great idea. Being a quad / dual driver, it would control 2 LEDs. I hope Vinh can do it.

ven

Flashaholic
Love this light, certainly eats vtc5 mah for fun!!! Heat wise at 10oC was no issue, cells were at 3.69v when put back on the charger. Not constant use,at times 4 or 5mins and never got warmer than a moderate temp

Phone does not pick up as the light is not concentrated enough at distance, but to the eye the trees in the distance were easily visible.

Does not show it well, but it light the field up to each side almost as far as it threw, a HUGE wall of light

An astonishing light!!! cant think of any other word to describe the beast............:cool:

If i had a low shutter speed,the world ahead would be lit!!

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi flashaholic1/others,

Is this Monster TK75, a 210 kcd light?

Does it reach farther than the carhighbeam? More kcd/intense, more lumens, and even more flood/wider beam than the carheadlights?

What car brand, is it, you used in the photographs?

I want this light.

ven

Flashaholic
The tk75vnQ would be more suited for you remco, this has
Recommended Options = $298
TK75vnQ XML2 PDT + DriverVNX2

4900 OTF lumen at turn On
4750 OTF lumen at 30 second
366K Max Lux

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi flashaholic1/others,

Does it reach farther than the carhighbeam? More kcd/intense, more lumens, and even more flood/wider beam than the carheadlights?

I want this light.

I agree with Ven. The Q70 is a flood light. Check out my throwers comparison and you can see the Q.

gofastman

Enlightened
Hi flashaholic1/others,

I want this light.

I'll try to take some comparisons tonight of my xhp70 version vs. my Mercedes' D2R HID lights

EDIT: Sorry folks, something came up tonight. I'll get pictures tomorrow evening.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I'll try to take some comparisons tonight of my xhp70 version vs. my Mercedes' D2R HID lights

You will have a friend for life!!
:laughing:
Be very interested tbh myself ...........

Defo a light that justifies the run time kit!!!..............or 2

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
A customer sent me a great idea today.

Run 2 XML2 PDT on two of the reflector wells and 2 XHP70 on the other two. Power each pair with the two separate switch. Not sure how the beam will beam but the idea is excellent!

Light can run on 2 cells or 4 cells and all the two pairs would operate independently.

What yall think?

Last edited:

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Run 2 XML2 PDT on two of the reflector wells and 2 XHP70 on the other two. Power each pair with the two separate switch. Not sure how the beam will beam but the idea is excellent!

Light can run on 2 cells or 4 cells and all the two pairs would operate independently.

What yall think?

That sounds fantastic. It's like a bigger MM18vn. I hope the beam can be tuned. What an excellent idea.
I'll volunteer my light to give it a test run if you need one.

gofastman

Enlightened
I think 3 and 1would be better! The MM18vn has plenty of throw, imo. But MOAR lumens!
Maybe even 3 xhp70s and 1 xhp35? :naughty:

MaxBeam

Enlightened

What yall think?

Excellent idea! :thumbsup: