• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TK75vnQ - Best Searchlight

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of the last version of this light - one with warm LED's and one with stock but de-domed. Love 'em both! I'd love a 2015 version too, with good CRI (slightly warmer LED) along with the great boost and heat management. What would I need to ask for to get this - not quite sure. Thanks!

Email Vinh and see if he could do XML2 PDTn in the TK75vnQ.

Nuclear Cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Quick question about the TK75vnQ XHP70. I just got this light and need to know, does it have any parasitic drain? Is it ok to just put it on the shelf when not in use or do I need to unscrew the tube a little to break contact?

Thanks.

ven

Flashaholic
Cant help you there as i always lock out the tail cap ............just habit . Easy way to check is leave it and check V after 3 days or so,and again/repeat. One of the reasons i lock out is to stop any accidental activation as well...........just a thought:)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant help you there as i always lock out the tail cap ............just habit . Easy way to check is leave it and check V after 3 days or so,and again/repeat. One of the reasons i lock out is to stop any accidental activation as well...........just a thought:)
Definitely a good habit.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: it pretty much makes most lights seem.............dim. I still love the tn35vn for the UI control ring and of course the nice mtg2 led. I have found the k60vn has kind of took its place though, throws further, brighter spill,similar control ring UI and similar tint(to me).

gofastman

Enlightened
I have a question about heat! I assume the driver in the XHP70 version is a linear type. Would a extended run tome kit raise or lower the operating temperature of the driver?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question about heat! I assume the driver in the XHP70 version is a linear type. Would a extended run tome kit raise or lower the operating temperature of the driver?
It doesn't matter as it gets hot in i think under 3 minutes. It's up to the user to step it down as not to damage anything.

Lantern32

Enlightened
It doesn't matter as it gets hot in i think under 3 minutes. It's up to the user to step it down as not to damage anything.

How hot? Are you saying that turbo is only useable for about 3 minutes, and the. you are running on high?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
How hot? Are you saying that turbo is only useable for about 3 minutes, and the. you are running on high?

The TK75vnQ70 gets hot on turbo in just under 3 minutes. At that point you need to turn it off or pretty much down to a very low setting to allow it to cool off or risk damaging it from overheating. Now my runtime was done in the summer at like 88 degrees. It may run a little bit longer at lower temps but it puts out so much heat I would guess no more than 2 minutes more. It's no fault of Vinh's- just physics. 14k lumens out of x size light is going to generate heat. To Vinh's credit, without hos copper upgrades it probably could only run for a minute before cooking your hands. It does cool down quickly if you turn it off. If memory serves me maybe 4 or so minutes and it's adequately cool to run it again. Hope this answers your questions. If not let me know.

ven

Flashaholic
I find with the mode groups, 30% is more (OK a lot more)than adequate and allows longer run time(15% powers is adequate). I have the 1/30/100 mode group 7 right now from a group 11 previously. Still probably around 4500lm when on 30% and still gets warm. If you need a quick burst then select next level or double tap power for 100%.
What I really like about this light is the lower modes being more than adequate allowing longer run times (15%)and turbo for lighting up your surroundings like day .
As the mode group selections are so easy to change, just makes it quite flexible on the move. Must admit the full 100% is very addictive though !:D

Lantern32

Enlightened
I was planning on purchasing this light, but an Amazon seller won't refund me the money to my TM26. They sent me a replacement, and won't give me any cash. Very disappointed! Guess the TK75 will need to wait for another day...

ven

Flashaholic
Bummer, but will be worth it come the time..........might be a 30k tk75vn by then;)
tm26 is a nice light anyway, hopefully no issues this time:)

Lantern32

Enlightened
Just contacted Amazon. They can directly give me a refund. What a relief! I will receive it in 1-2 business days. The minute I am notified of my refund, I am going to shoot Vinh an email on my purchase. Don't want to spend my money before I've got it!

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened
I have a couple general questions about the TK75vnQ XHP70, since that configuration really tempts me.

First, suppose you get an extender for 4 more batteries, to increase the runtime. Would Vinh have to upgrade the extender with better wiring, solder connections, etc?

This would be more of a toy than my SR96vn XHP70, which outputs a "mere" 10,000 or so lumens, but can do so for a long time since it is larger and has better heat sinking. Having so much light from a much smaller flashlight may be worth the price of admission, since it will really send people into shock.

Does anyone have both the TK75vnQ XHP70 and the SR96vn XHP70, and if so, how do they compare.

ven

Flashaholic
I dont, but would love an sr96vn for sure, awesome beast and olight build. Have a few extensions though for the tk75vnq70, but not done any real run times due to weather and not getting out.

At 100% power, i am sure i did not use the light for much more than 20mins in total, iirc the cells were about 3.6v . Of course adding an extension will give a little over double run time due to a little less stress per cell,so maybe 45-50mins to get to 3.6v and so on

For the ext kits i decided on 30Qs, 12 of them

Being honest, i think the one ext is about right as a happy medium,having 2 really does feel overkill ...........ok ok i love overkill !!!! But i mean for taking out, kind of a bit on the too big size if makes sense..........thats just imo so just ignore :laughing:

Using around 70% power would not be far off 10k lumens, the bump from 70% to 100% on vinhs driver is noticeable, but not huge which is to be expected. The 4000lm extra is of course a lot and makes a difference, but the way our eyes are, its just a little bump........if makes sense:crazy:;)

star_c_star

Enlightened
Out of curiosity, can you safely charge the 30Q's with a regular LiIon charger, such as an Xtar VP4?

I am almost ready to pull the PayPal trigger and buy this light, but just need a little more information.

Last edited: