• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

I know many won't agree, but the neutral version is the way I would go. I don't enjoy losing lumens but it's worth dropping a couple hundred for a beam that compliments the eyes. Fyi my eyes are hazel with a hint of blue.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

i don't think the emitter is maxed out quite yet. i remember someone pushing the xhp 35 to around 2800 lumens.
but i doubt the thrunite manufacter focuses the emitter like you do.....maybe just a slight repositioning or height change, or whatever that you do, can increase the throw.
and heck, if all else fails, just drop in your mighty vnx2 driver and we're sure to see a increase in both lumens and lux!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm... put a better LED in it?
all other led's that add lumens will greatly decrease the throw, and in this host, not worth it in my opinion.
xpg2 will increase throw, but big drop in lumens...again not worth it in my opinion.
dedomed xml2 or xpl is the next best thing, but all depending on final numbers....if the throw is not much more, then not worth the lumen lost. Maybe get 1800 lumens only with xml/xpl

i think xhp35 HI is best route

ven

Flashaholic

Vinh driver and a current bump, bit of focusing thrown in. If these are possible 800kcd + and 2500lm+

Very impressive figures out of the box vinh :)

mjgsxr

Enlightened

Manufacturers like thrunite and acebeam etc are really pushing these new lights hard leave less room for improvement.

As someone else said a dedomed xpl pdt would definitely be a better thrower at the expense of overall output.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

Stock Measured ANSI
Lumen: 2140

Lux: 703K
Throw: 1677m

Ok I have to say good job to Thrunite here. Along with a neutral white option and just under $200. The one thing I don't get is that the stock K70 I think is 2,500 lumens so why this TN42 at only 2140?

drummer132132

Enlightened
TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

Ok I have to say good job to Thrunite here. Along with a neutral white option and just under $200. The one thing I don't get is that the stock K70 I think is 2,500 lumens so why this TN42 at only 2140?

I think thrunite left it at 2k lumen due to heat. Some folks mentioned the same thing in other threads or so I think. Or it was from a YouTube video where someone mentioned the k70 got hotter quicker than the tn42.

Vinh, going to be able to run drivervnx2 in this thing with xhp35 hi?

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

could this be the first stock light vinh cant improve? I never would have guessed a manufacture would push leds to there max. Congrats Thrunite. 703k stock is insane

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

could this be the first stock light vinh cant improve? I never would have guessed a manufacture would push leds to there max. Congrats Thrunite. 703k stock is insane

You can best bet these companies are watching what Vinh has been doing--look at several lights being produced these days-a few years ago Vinh was the only one mass producing them--Congrats to Vinh and all the other modders influencing this industry

drummer132132

Enlightened

You can best bet these companies are watching what Vinh has been doing--look at several lights being produced these days-a few years ago Vinh was the only one mass producing them--Congrats to Vinh and all the other modders influencing this industry

Thought the same thing earlier this morning so I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened

Vinhs just building the anticipation before he unveils the 3,000 Lumen, 900k Lux Monster with Driver VNX2 (I hope)

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened

If he does that i'll have to send him mine, but if it's only a 500 lumen increase with just alittle more throw i wont bother. Hopefully he'll put up some specs soon:)
Vinhs just building the anticipation before he unveils the 3,000 Lumen, 900k Lux Monster with Driver VNX2 (I hope)

see level

Enlightened

So my question is do I buy the stock light or wait? And the answer is wait because I know Vinh can do something to improve this light ( even if it doesn't need much improvement)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

If he does that i'll have to send him mine, but if it's only a 500 lumen increase with just alittle more throw i wont bother. Hopefully he'll put up some specs soon:)

500 more lumen from where it is now is beyond what I could dream for actaully...

stfc69

Newly Enlightened

I guess the VNX2 driver won't work because it has the wrong battery configuration?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I guess the VNX2 driver won't work because it has the wrong battery configuration?

DriverVNX2 would work but that's like plan Z. This option add price so lets avoid it when we can. Especially when the stock UI is great.